Hurricane Lili

That's only 90 miles from Houston. Too close for me. I'll probably be gone Wednesday morning.

It's not the rain that bothers me. Found out during Alicia, 20 years ago, I can't take the wind pounding the back of the house.

Is this bad news for the race? I hope I don't get stuck in Al.:(

Well TRL, let's just hope for a nice high pressure area to move in to the area so Lili will stay south and move away from the US entirely!

I can't believe I haven't read a joke yet about Hurricane Lil-E. :satisfied

Seriously, though...please stay safe, TRL, Tabasco, and other folks from that region. Hurricanes are no laughing matter.

But if Lily has to get someone, please hit the Davis family of Baton Rouge. Their son no longer lives there, but I'm sure it would mess with his frequent waterski weekends. :p

Looks like it is heading for Lake Charles. If it does it will go right over us. I hope it will lose some steam before it gets to us.(200 miles north of Lake Charles):(

I think that black line goes right over the top of my house.:( I hope it slows down before it gets here.

Tabasco, maybe you should think about packing up and moving out, just to be safe. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you.

I was going to dega this weekend.:p Does that count? We should be OK up here in the HILL country.:D We must be at least 400 ft. above sea level. The main thing here is flooding, but I live on a hill so I should be fine. I don't live in the "Twister alley", but with the canes you never know.

:D Hopefully it will be moved up tarther north by Sunday and race can be run.

I'm worried too.If it moves east it will be closer to me and the city.Worried about the 135mph winds.Will pray for everyone.be safe ya'll.

TRL, any new updates?? I'm also worried about FOURISIS.
AND praying for all y'all in that path!!!

Originally posted by kat2220
TRL, any new updates??  I'm also worried about FOURISIS.
AND praying for all y'all in that path!!!

The way these things change directions you could be facing some heavy weather this week too, Kat.

WTNT33 KNHC 021745
TCPAT3
BULLETIN
HURRICANE LILI SPECIAL ADVISORY NUMBER 45
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1 PM CDT WED OCT 02 2002

...LILI STRENGTHENS RAPIDLY TO DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE...

A HURRICANE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM EAST OF HIGH ISLAND TEXAS
TO THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER. PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT
LIFE AND PROPERTY IN THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA SHOULD BE RUSHED
TO COMPLETION.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FREEPORT TEXAS TO
HIGH ISLAND...AND FROM THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER TO THE
ALABAMA/FLORIDA BORDER...INCLUDING NEW ORLEANS AND LAKE
PONTCHARTRAIN.

AT 1 PM CDT...1800Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE LILI WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 25.3 NORTH...LONGITUDE 89.4 WEST OR ABOUT 325 MILES
SOUTH OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA.

LILI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH...AND THIS GENERAL
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE
THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 135 MPH...WITH
HIGHER GUSTS. THIS MAKES LILI A DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE ON
THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING
IS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES FROM THE
CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 185
MILES. HURRICANE-FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD INLAND UP TO
150 MILES NEAR THE TRACK OF THE CENTER OF LILI.

THE LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY THE HURRICANE HUNTER
IS 941 MB...27.79 INCHES.

A LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE OF 10 TO 15 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE
LEVELS IS LIKELY NEAR AND TO THE EAST OF WHERE THE CENTER CROSSES
THE COAST. THIS SURGE COULD SPREAD WELL INLAND ACROSS THE LOW-
LYING AREAS OF THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA.

RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE
TRACK OF LILI.

REPEATING THE 1 PM CDT POSITION...25.3 N... 89.4 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS...135 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 941 MB.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...PLEASE MONITOR
PRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER
AT 4 PM CDT.

FORECASTER BEVEN

How the heck can they predict when and where the thing will make a turn like that? That's wild.

You folks down there in the Gulf better plan on driving up to my house in Ohio to get your lawn furniture,and such.That thing is comming right thru my area after it does its damage down there.:p All jokes aside get to a safe area,and I wish you well.

pbunch, not worried about the lawn furniture, but I would like my garbage cans back. LOL

B.C. 24, in answer to your question about the turn. There is high pressure to the east of the storm with clockwise winds around it.

There is a cold front to the west with counter-clockwise winds. Working together those two will force the storm to take the path between them --- forcing into a funnel, in a sense.

Ahhhhh.....ok. :) Sounds like you've learned a thing or two about the weather when dealing with these things. Thanks TRL!:satisfied

Hey guys, be safe down there. I hope the storm misses ya'll. Check in at the forum every now and then so we know you're OK. I'll be praying for the best:angel:

TexasRaceLady you should miss most of this Hurrican. It looks like once it hits land iin Louisanna it is going to turn toward the Northeast. It looks like it will miss Texas, but look out for some rain and wind still.
The bad news about this hurrican is it is only getting stronger.

B.C. 24, in answer to your question about the turn. There is high pressure to the east of the storm with clockwise winds around it.

There is a cold front to the west with counter-clockwise winds. Working together those two will force the storm to take the path between them --- forcing into a funnel, in a sense. [/B][/QUOTE]

This sounds like a bunch of wash women getting together to me,with all that air going roundy round. :p Let the beating commence TRL. :D

Just got off the phone with some friends in Lake charles, they are goig to ride it out.:( They are part of the group I am going to dega with too. I will be going to the race with 19 people from Lake Charles. The one with the tickets left for Jackson, Ms. today.
On the news just now said we will have winds Thru. night at 75 MPH.:( I am over 200 miles from the coast.

Tabasco, please be careful, going to a race isn't worth it if you are in danger. Besides, if you go north you can check out those pretty girls in Little Rock. Bill Clinton seemed to like 'em ;) :;)

Ok ya'll I'm terrified! This monster just turned north east! I'm on the west bank (Lower Jefferson parish,near Plaquamines parish)we boarded up.are riding it out.winds are up to 145mph.If the leavee breaks,we're gone!Will pray for everyone.
Tracey:rolleyes:

Hey 4 do you have an up stairs? Did they make the River Parrishes evacuate yet? Be carefull down there.

Fourisis, I'll be praying for your safety. If you get the chance please get to safety. Keep in touch.:angel:

Just for my two cents, after being down in So. Fl. after Andy came to town, by the looks of this storm it ain't gonna be a good one to ride out. My thoughts and prayers go to you all. Please be safe.

Don't ride out, "GET OUT", aint nothing there worth your life.

I do have an upstairs.It was the upstairs that the winds were kicking.Things were flying into the windows.thank God we boarded.A lot of parishes evacuated.Last night we managed to dodge a tornado.That was strange.I was standing outside the front door(no I wasn't drinking!)when a huge wind gust came through.No kidding,I hung on to the door!I really thought I'd go air borne.We're still under tornadoe warnings.

Everyone be safe.I'll be praying for ya.I'll be glad when this monster is over.we lost power twice so far.Hang in there everyone.Those in other states-be counting your blessings.This storm is very scary.

Have things calmed down a little?

SOOOOOOOOOOO glad you were able to check in.....WE WERE WORRIED!!!!

Back
Top Bottom