Hurricane Sandy

Glad to see you are ok. lots of worried people around here. I agree Staten Island is not getting the help they deserve.
Looks like all the attention goes to downtown where the big bucks are. Kinda like Nascar everything revolves around money with no consideration for people.

They're talking about a perfect storm scenario but I suspect that's just the media doing what they do best.
You aren't suggesting the media would exaggerate something are you? Balderdash I say!

I just pulled this up after Bobby's posts. I think it's safe to say that this storm lived up to the billing.

I just pulled this up after Bobby's posts. I think it's safe to say that this storm lived up to the billing.

If definitely did.

What it didn't do, however, is take anythingthing away from the media's propensity to overstate, overdramatize, over aggerate and flat out use fear as a tool to get their words heard FIRST. The media wants to know the name of the storm before they even think about the names of the people who may be in it's path. It's like a mass shooting - all they care about is getting the name of the gunman out first - what about the names of the victims?

The bonehead who shot those people in that theatre is all the rage in the media...what about the famlies of the victims - do we hear anything about them?

These days, it seems like a person might do just as well to get their news from TMZ.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to look up some of my old posts...it's always nice to reminisce :cheers:

If definitely did.

What it didn't do, however, is take anythingthing away from the media's propensity to overstate, overdramatize, over aggerate and flat out use fear as a tool to get their words heard FIRST. The media wants to know the name of the storm before they even think about the names of the people who may be in it's path. It's like a mass shooting - all they care about is getting the name of the gunman out first - what about the names of the victims?

The bonehead who shot those people in that theatre is all the rage in the media...what about the famlies of the victims - do we hear anything about them?

These days, it seems like a person might do just as well to get their news from TMZ.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to look up some of my old posts...it's always nice to reminisce :cheers:

They have to tell the shooter "to rot in HELL" to get any airtime.

Back
Top Bottom