Hurricane Season 2021

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
First day of July and we're at "E" with the first potentially credible threat of the 2021 hurricane season.

While not forecast to become a hurricane at this time, a lot of meteorologists think it certainly has the potential.

234535_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

The wind never bothered me anyway. 🙃

Henri could make landfall for us Sunday.
Already prepped, as usual.Chainsaw, generator,food, gasoline,etc. We're used to it in the Northeast. Hopefully it just blows out to sea.
It amazes me the people that actually look forward to these devastating weather evolutions...

Looks like New England is in the bullseye for a direct hit from a hurricane.
Yeah, we're on for a storm.of sorts.I live 8 miles from the coast, but the NHC just updated the "cone" west of us, towards New Haven Ct..We' ll still.get some rain and wind. Almost 30 years to the day of "Bob".

Well, the NHC updated the landfall for now Tropical Storm Henri to land right around my area..Raining steady now with some gusts, expect to lose power for a few days. Well get through this, as we've been through worse.

Good to know you had few issues and sad for those who did. Especially those in Tennessee that had that flash flooding.
What happened in Tennessee was terrible. I can't complain about my situation, given the circumstances down South.
Power restoration won't be till tomorrow at earliest where I live. Lots of trees on lines still, so generator power for now. At least cable is working, how I don't know...

Power was finally restored yesterday about 3:30 pm. From 80,000 + without power to less than 100 left to restore in 3 days. Power and tree services from Kentucky, Missouri, New York and Canada, just in a 3 mile stretch from my house to the local market.The southern part of Rhode Island got our ass handed to us...This was just a tropical storm , and the damage was worse the Bob in '91...

This is a very bad deal. That's not a lot of time to prepare, less time to prepare than Katrina.
Wonder how many school busses will get flooded while people need rides to higher ground? Seems obvious to me that while moving the busses to higher ground, LOAD THEM UP! Last time they did neither.

From MSN ..... let's hope these things work....
If the storm makes landfall in Louisiana Sunday, it will arrive exactly 16 years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans. “We know that Aug. 29 is a very critical date in our city’s history and in all of our collective memories,” said Collin Arnold, director of the New Orleans Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. “But that date has also taught us to be ready to be resilient, and that’s what we’re going to do together.”

Since Katrina, a $14.5 billion flood protection system—flood walls, levees, canals and barriers constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers—has helped bolster storm defenses around New Orleans.

Officials with the Flood Protection Authority East said they closed 24 land-based gates across the flood-protection system Thursday in anticipation of the storm, and plan to close another 27 gates Friday. The remaining 50 will be closed by Saturday, said Kelli Chandler, regional director of the Flood Protection Authority-East.

“We are confident it will perform as designed,” Ms. Chandler said.

So, Bidens presser at FEMA was somewhat coherent. Except for the dumb "About Afghanistan "question some dolt in a dress asked him. It's a HURRICANE presser Toots... Stick with the program.

These reporters have a death wish.

MSNBC interviewing people who decided to ride it out.

I can tell you who MSNBC would NOT be interviewing if a Category 4 hurricane was heading for my town and that's this guy!

My ass would be out of town faster than the Afghan Army.

It's sad watching Cantore make a monkeys ass out of himself. We know Hurricanes are windy, and there he is, attention whoring...

It's sad watching Cantore make a monkeys ass out of himself. We know Hurricanes are windy, and there he is, attention whoring...

He's literally positioned himself between two buildings to create a wind tunnel effect and makes sure that tipped over dumpster, which has oddly not moved, is in the live shot.

The Weather Channel is pathetic sensationalism. I've been on MSNBC but not watching the Reverend, like the guy but he can't read a teleprompter.

MSNBC has Bill Karins. If I had to trust the advice of any meteorologist for life-saving information, it's Karins.

Who takes a digger first? Cantore or Velshi?
I'm switching between the Patriots and Giants, MSBC and The Weather Channel. I need batteries for my remote...

Back
Top Bottom