Hurricane Season 2024

We got less than an inch of rain, most of it Thursday afternoon. We'll be detouring around PTC8 road damage for several more weeks. Kudos to NCDOT and Brunswick County Sheriff's department for work they've already accomplished.

I've driven that stretch more tines than I can count over the decades. It's just upstream from Newport TN and its failed dam, and a few miles from that flooded hospital.

Side note: this is going to complicate returning to Charlotte for the race haulers. May have to go through WV.

Still waiting for confirmation about East side of 40 being closed near Tenn/NC line, either due to mudslide or possible roadway wash out. It's my understanding mudslide is confirmed but pictures of washout make be fake. Highway dept has not responded to requests for info.

Still waiting for confirmation about East side of 40 being closed near Tenn/NC line, either due to mudslide or possible roadway wash out. It's my understanding mudslide is confirmed but pictures of washout make be fake. Highway dept has not responded to requests for info.
Found this.

Back
Top Bottom