I finally made the decision

Thanks everyone.

I am soooo friggin tired.
Heck I bet, that is a really- REALLY big job .
Pat yourself on the back, your Mom would be proud.
Heck, who knows, she probably rode with ya :)!

Nothing like putting it in 2nd when you meant to hit 4th. Guilty.
You have now join the ranks of Kevin H. and Jr. who both blew motors at Pocono just
doing the same thing. You are in good company.

Nice, needed to hear some good news today.

Yes and no.

I have next to nothing, no kitchen stuff, no bathroom stuff.

I have a new couch. I brought my tv with me. I have 3 pieces of furniture.

I'm starting over, basically.

I do like my apartment.
I know the feeling Lisa....... the wife and I moved across the country 27 years ago..... sold our house.... had an auction.... loaded the 2 boys ... (6 and 7 )... into the car.... rented a small U-haul trailer with our clothes and their toys inside..... my toolbox and their go-cart........ headed to a place we had never been before........ lived in a motel for a week before we could find a place to rent..... only thing was...... the house was already rented and they had another 10 days..... we made a deal with them.... you let us unload the U haul..... we will load your stuff up and move you...... deal done..... we slept on the floor and sat on boxes for a while..... didn't hurt us any......

You will be just fine....... it takes a while to get things together....... ;)

Reactions: Pat
I know the feeling Lisa....... the wife and I moved across the country 27 years ago..... sold our house.... had an auction.... loaded the 2 boys ... (6 and 7 )... into the car.... rented a small U-haul trailer with our clothes and their toys inside..... my toolbox and their go-cart........ headed to a place we had never been before........ lived in a motel for a week before we could find a place to rent..... only thing was...... the house was already rented and they had another 10 days..... we made a deal with them.... you let us unload the U haul..... we will load your stuff up and move you...... deal done..... we slept on the floor and sat on boxes for a while..... didn't hurt us any......
Those are the experiences that make you and your wife the people you are today. My wife and I have been through similar and are prepared to do so again.

The drive was the hardest thing I've ever done. It was awful. I will never do It again.

I'm used to living without much, it doesn't really bother me. I'm still glad to be here. :)

The drive was the hardest thing I've ever done. It was awful. I will never do It again.

I'm used to living without much, it doesn't really bother me. I'm still glad to be here. :)
Be Happy Lisa. This is a new start. Optimism is a great thing. And you have so many friends here looking after you.

I can relate to some of that. I used boxes as end tables for at least 6 months when I made my track across the USA to here. :)

Back
Top Bottom