I hate an Android phone

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
So a few of the touch sensors on my iPhone have gone bad.

Just left AT&T. It'll be a week before the phone can be looked at and, if it can't be repaired next Tuesday, it'll take another two weeks to replace.

In the meantime, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy POS and, within 20 minutes, it's down to 85% battery, and it's an absolute piece of ****. Not compatible with anything. And I'm going to end up throwing it through a window by tomorrow afternoon.

POS.

So your iphone broke, and you're complaining about having to use some old Galaxy that still works? There's a bit of irony there, no?

The iPhone is old as **** too, just been waiting for the 15 to come out.

Define "not compatible with anything"....can you elaborate on what you mean?

Can't connect to bluetooth anything. Thankfully it has an aux port on it. The GPS doesn't work on it, so hopefully I won't need GPS for anything this week. It doesn't connect to my camera.

In fact, all these issues are why I switched to iPhone. Every Samsung I've ever had has had the same GPS, bluetooth and WiFi issues.

And let me tell you about charging.

This certified piece of **** can detect what brand charger and cable you're using. And if it's not Samsung brand, then it gives you a middle finger.

@AndyMarquisLive , From your original post, sounds to me like you aught to be pissed at AT&T and Apple.

I had a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge for years. Loved that phone, but, it finally died on me. I now have a Galaxy 23+ / 5G and it is a wonderful piece of equipment.

I would not give you 10 cents for an I Phone. Lot of people I know cuss them all the time for one thing or another. Not so with Android.

Because I don't live in Los Angeles.

And for everyone else in this thread:

Andy would have to drive all the way to Raleigh to find an Apple Store. They don't put Apple Stores in rural communities.

A good phone is one of your most important survival tools a man will ever need.

So my next phone will be a Z Fold with the best screen (splash) protectors that can easily be scraped off and cleaned to remove any biohazards. You will also appreciate having a screen thats free of a film like or cloudy haze.

The size of a Z Fold is desirable but keep an old Galaxy phone with the screen protectors handy for a back up if the Z fold form factor ever lets you down. Note you could also use extra older phones as trade or bartering tools among the surviving population.

Make sure that the phones have a heavy duty case that can handle most everything (rough handling and even some clumsy moments should be expected during the most intense moments).

Having the ability to use a SD card would be one of your biggest concerns while in the survival mode. One of the greatest concerns of a nuclear detonation is the potential of losing all wi fi cellular signals and the entire internet. Imagine the horror of losing all of of your videos and images on an unacessable cloud. It would be one of the most tragic and cruel things mankind has ever experienced and render all other points of survival to be a worthless pursuit.

One other related item would be the need to build ones own personal private bunker. One of the easiest ways would be to keep a disassembled clean and sanitized port a john on hand. If every other building was demolished and survivor's needed to build communal outhouses you could construct your own private restroom/ video booth.
To ensure your privacy you could just hang a quarantine sign on it that states you have a horrible communicable disease that is very contagious to ensure that they will leave you alone.

There's gotta be another Apple Store besides the one here in Northridge 🤔

:captive:

In case you missed it:
And for everyone else in this thread:

Andy would have to drive all the way to Raleigh to find an Apple Store. They don't put Apple Stores in rural communities.

I don't live in a big city. It's an over two hour drive to go to an Apple store. When the iPhone 15 comes out, I'll be lucky if I can get one before Christmas.

In case you missed it:

I don't live in a big city. It's an over two hour drive to go to an Apple store. When the iPhone 15 comes out, I'll be lucky if I can get one before Christmas.
I miss all the content by NB 🙏🏻
You can order an iPhone online and get it in about 2 days.

For the record, there are SEVEN Apple Stores within the incorporated city limits of Los Angeles. If you can expand that to include cities that immediately border Los Angeles, there are 10+ Apple Stores within easy reach of Bobby.

Move west young man where the water is warm, the girls are gorgeous, and there is an unlimited supply of Apple stores to serve your needs. You may need to bring a little extra cash for food and gas though. 😃

I dont like apple where it wants all of your other devices to be apple to be compatible.

And the sheep will line up to buy the overpriced pos. I went Apple iPhone 14 last year with their fall promotion. Mistake. T minus one year until I go back to Samsung. Counting the days.
I worked with a guy who was forced to use an apple company phone. He hated it so much that he literally threw it at the office wall on several different occasions. He wanted to break it and then try to get a samsung replacement. He did it so many times that I printed a bullseye target for him and put it on the wall as a target.

True story.

After I get everything I can get out of my Ultra Note 20 I will go to a Z Fold 5 or maybe a 6 by the time it happens.

I’m likely going to get the 15 Pro, I just want to get down to the Apple Store and give it a test drive first.

I am an equal opportunity hater. iPhone and Android both suck.

That said, iPhone sucks less IMO. I just want the thing to be a phone. I don't want to have to perform rocket surgery to use it. I can find my way around an iPhone with my eyes closed. (Used to be able to do it with one hand tied behind my back, too, but then they quit making them in my size, so I have to use both hands all the time)

As a user, I find Android to be less intuitive and more cognitive load to do the same tasks, especially when changing between many Android phones (Samsung, Google, etc.) due to the different skins. I have to do this though because of testing Android apps on a few different phones.

From the perspective of an accessory developer, iPhone wins hands down. There's no equal to the Apple accessory interface and the ecosystem of things built around it. They're getting USB-C now but there are still interfaces available on an Apple device that aren't available anywhere else. Rich playback controls, music database and now playing track info (for head units), reliable communication with apps, to name a few. Android Open Accessory protocol is the closest there is on the other side, but it doesn't check many boxes, and it's hit or miss whether the phone even supports the few things that it does do.

In the operating system developer department, fack Android, seriously. AOSP is a witch with a capital B to build and customize, and it is nigh impossible to find replacements for the closed-source Google applications that many people think of when they think Android. (Assistant, Maps, Android Auto, Play Store, Play Services, etc., all those things are not open and Google doesn't like to give access to those things to smaller developers--especially if you plan on making a truly open "developer mode" device)

Currently doing my Route 66 trip with a Samsung S23 Ultra I bought specifically for the trip. Reviews rate the camera highly

The size of a Z Fold is desirable but keep an old Galaxy phone with the screen protectors handy for a back up if the Z fold form factor ever lets you down. Note you could also use extra older phones as trade or bartering tools among the surviving population.

An inner-city Chicago fun fact.

A few friends of mine now carry an extra "dummy" phone in the event that they encounter street thugs that are looking to take their phone.

Can't make this stuff up.

I dont like apple where it wants all of your other devices to be apple to be compatible.

Anything in the Apple ecosystem works smooth though.

I got an Apple TV thing a few years ago and it works flawlessly with my phone, and the performance of the device itself is remarkable. Comparing an Apple TV to a Roku Ultra or Fire Stick would be like comparing a Cadillac to Kia Forte.

I've thought about getting a MacBook but that would be a huge adjustment since I've been using Windows operating systems for close to 30 years.

Anything in the Apple ecosystem works smooth though.

I got an Apple TV thing a few years ago and it works flawlessly with my phone, and the performance of the device itself is remarkable. Comparing an Apple TV to a Roku Ultra or Fire Stick would be like comparing a Cadillac to Kia Forte.

I've thought about getting a MacBook but that would be a huge adjustment since I've been using Windows operating systems for close to 30 years.
I get this.

you are correct, the "apple ecosystem" works well but I dont like being forced into things

I will be getting a new phone soon maybe tommorow.
I cracked the screen on my ultra Note 20 about week ago and have been using an old Galaxy S9+ in the meantime

I will get either a ZFold5 or Ultra Note 24 that will be released tommorow.

In a perfect world I would go with the Z Fold 5 for the huge screen size. I am just concerned about the hinge and moving parts durabilty. But it would great for the best viewing with the screen size.

The Ultra Note 24 set to release tommorow has the latest and greatest updates available in a titanium case and still weighs a gram less than the 23. Should be very durable in OtterBox case.

I am going back and forth, flip flopping like a politician on deciding which of the two to buy. I will want to get about 3 years out of the phone and be going with at least 512gb of storage.

Would be intersted on reading the thoughts of others on the two options.

Back
Top Bottom