I need a hat, a chain for my wallet & a can of snuff.

I agree with what you were saying in the Vaccination thread about trying to get things done with such a limited amount of time at home. I'm posting this here because I figured most of those members in the political forum wouldn't want to read anything about my life adventures. But man do I know about limited time at home and trying to fit important things in before leaving again. Here is one example... As you know every 2 years, we have to get a DOT physical before the DOT medical card expires and I always tried to get it as close to the expire date as possible. A few years ago, I had planned to get it between our Seattle race and our Brainerd MN race. The Seattle race is the last race on our western swing so I do Denver, Sonoma CA, and then Seattle. After Seattle I always go to the shop in Ontario CA to reload before heading to Brainerd. The pro teams can't pull out of the pits until 1 hour after the last pair of pro cars go down the track. So, I was sitting in my truck watching the race live on tv and as soon as the final round was finished on Sunday evening, I set my watch timer for 1 hour so I could leave ASAP... but also when you leave that early you get caught up in a lot of the fan traffic getting out of the complex so it was about an hour and a half before I actually pulled on to the freeway. But I was on a mission and I needed to go. I arrived at the shop on Tuesday afternoon and went inside and took a quick shower and hauled azz straight to my physical appointment. I was a little nervous because that was when they had started the BMI deal and if you didn't pass that you had to schedule a sleep apnea test before getting your medical card renewed. I had gone on a crash diet for about 2 months and lost 15 pounds and I passed it by 7 pounds and got my new medical card. The next morning Trump squashed the BMI deal as a requirement for the medical card but I don't know if it has been reinstated or not. We had a backup plan just in case I didn't pass. Wed morning I dropped my laundry off at the laundromat and headed straight to the DMV to drop off the medical card paper work so they could get it on the computer because it expired at midnight. Then I went to the shop and took inventory of everything in the cylinder head dept I needed to reload for the Brainerd and Indy race and loaded it up while I waited for Goodyear to bring 18 new tires to replace on the hauler. I had set that appointment up while I was on the way home from Seattle. After they finished that I picked up my laundry and went home repacked my suitcase had some dinner and was ready to leave early the next morning Thursday heading to Brainerd. Damn, I'm tired just typing this... out a lone doing it.:D

Last edited:
I agree with what you were saying in ... I'm tired just typing this... out a lone doing it.:D
I understand the grind and the difficulty of writing a long post. Sometimes my typing finger gets so exhausted and wore out.
Choices have to be made, less is a more and some non essential things have to wait in order to rest the posting fingers

Avoid opening and reading the mail the paper cut risk ain't worth it. Let you pens rest as well while you rest the witing finger.

Avoid making up the bed and double work like folding clothes. Just pull the next outfit from the dryer stack. The same can be done with pulling a dish from the dishwasher to elimimate to the double work of putting them in the shelves.

Get a toilet bidet to avoid exhausting the typing hand by using toilet paper.
Posting takes a lot of work, conditioning, and endurance, one has to focus on what matters most.

A little over 700 miles today. Made it to my planned stop only to find out during my post-trip that I have a super single starting to lose its tread. Better here during my 10hr break than on the roadside somewhere. Waiting now on them to find me a tire and send someone to my location for repairs. If all goes well I'll get another 600+ in tomorrow to set up for Thursdays delivery in Portland.

A little over 700 miles today. Made it to my planned stop only to find out during my post-trip that I have a super single starting to lose its tread. Better here during my 10hr break than on the roadside somewhere. Waiting now on them to find me a tire and send someone to my location for repairs. If all goes well I'll get another 600+ in tomorrow to set up for Thursdays delivery in Portland.
How do you like those super singles? I never had them on anything I drove but I don't think I would like them because when you have a flat you are stuck wherever you are at. That is why I didn't like pulling a 3-axle single tire race car trailer. I like the 2 tires per axle trailers so that I can limp into a tire shop if it's not too far away. Cruz Pedregon had super singles on his truck that pulled his race car trailer for a while but I think he went back to the double tire.

How do you like those super singles? I never had them on anything I drove but I don't think I would like them because when you have a flat you are stuck wherever you are at. That is why I didn't like pulling a 3-axle single tire race car trailer. I like the 2 tires per axle trailers so that I can limp into a tire shop if it's not too far away. Cruz Pedregon had super singles on his truck that pulled his race car trailer for a while but I think he went back to the double tire.
The super singles suck on the tractor but I don't really notice the difference with the trailer. I mainly haul air ride suspension trailers. They're pretty smooth. As far as the tractor goes, I think you have better traction with the traditional setup. And, like you said, the ability to limp to the next exit rather than be stranded roadside.

3 more hours to drive today. Crossed over into Idaho from Montana today. The mountains were snow covered but passable. The weather greatly reduced my range today. I might get just over 600 miles in the rearview for three day. That'll put me about 3 hours from tomorrow morning delivery in Portland. Fine by me. I don't deliver until 930am. I'd rather get up and drive then have to wait.

After offloading I'll go as far as I can tomorrow parking before sunset when the parking spots disappear. Still undecided on my route home. I think they're going to route me to Chicago on the way.

That sorta messes with your trying to reserve a parking spot at a truck stop along the way. How much notice do they usually need to get your a guaranteed spot? And are they guaranteed if you reserve one? Do most truck stops allow reservations? How limited are your options? The more I read of your adventures and the nuances the more I realize it can get complicated especially when they tell you to deliver at a predetermined time and then they hold you up for hours or even a day. Cuts into the pay for sure when the clock isn't registering miles.
I'll bet the mountains in Montana are beautiful this time of year. Sucks for driving but easy on the eye.
Safe travels.

That sorta messes with your trying to reserve a parking spot at a truck stop along the way. How much notice do they usually need to get your a guaranteed spot? And are they guaranteed if you reserve one? Do most truck stops allow reservations? How limited are your options? The more I read of your adventures and the nuances the more I realize it can get complicated especially when they tell you to deliver at a predetermined time and then they hold you up for hours or even a day. Cuts into the pay for sure when the clock isn't registering miles.
I'll bet the mountains in Montana are beautiful this time of year. Sucks for driving but easy on the eye.
Safe travels.
I mainly stay at Pilot or Flying J. I seldom reserve a spot but if I do, it's normally at one of their locations. Travel America and Petro also make reserved spots available. Loves doesn't have reserved spots. If I'm going to stay in a major metropolitan area, I normally reserve a spot early in the day. Otherwise, I just pull in, look for a free spot. If none are available, I reserve one. My company pays for reserved spots but I try to avoid them if possible. Reserved parking is normally $15-$20 a night. I've never had a problem with a spot that I've reserved ahead of time. It's always been there for me.

As far as deliveries go, I've arrived to deliver at locations only to find they don't have room for the product I'm hauling. If that's the case, I get paid by the hour until they take delivery. I've waiting as long as just under 100 hours before. Got paid for every hour. Very profitable. Boring, but profitable. Most times they're ready.

The mountains were amazing. Snow covered most everything there. Snow covered pine trees in the mountains are a beautiful sight.
I deliver tomorrow morning and then turn around to head towards home. I think they're going to have me head to Chicago to one of our terminals there. They want to look to see if there's more of an issue that may have caused my tire problem yesterday. I debating which route to take. I can cross i-80 or i-90. Both are about equal distance but weather is a factor right now. A fellow driver from our company is stuck in Wyoming right now as they closed down i-80 because of the snow storm. He's to deliver Friday at the same location that I'm going. I beat the weather coming across the North. He wasn't so lucky.

I mainly stay at Pilot or Flying J. I seldom reserve a spot but if I do, it's normally at one of their locations. Travel America and Petro also make reserved spots available. Loves doesn't have reserved spots. If I'm going to stay in a major metropolitan area, I normally reserve a spot early in the day. Otherwise, I just pull in, look for a free spot. If none are available, I reserve one. My company pays for reserved spots but I try to avoid them if possible. Reserved parking is normally $15-$20 a night. I've never had a problem with a spot that I've reserved ahead of time. It's always been there for me.

As far as deliveries go, I've arrived to deliver at locations only to find they don't have room for the product I'm hauling. If that's the case, I get paid by the hour until they take delivery. I've waiting as long as just under 100 hours before. Got paid for every hour. Very profitable. Boring, but profitable. Most times they're ready.

The mountains were amazing. Snow covered most everything there. Snow covered pine trees in the mountains are a beautiful sight.
I deliver tomorrow morning and then turn around to head towards home. I think they're going to have me head to Chicago to one of our terminals there. They want to look to see if there's more of an issue that may have caused my tire problem yesterday. I debating which route to take. I can cross i-80 or i-90. Both are about equal distance but weather is a factor right now. A fellow driver from our company is stuck in Wyoming right now as they closed down i-80 because of the snow storm. He's to deliver Friday at the same location that I'm going. I beat the weather coming across the North. He wasn't so lucky.
I was pretty lucky as far as my snow adventures when I was on the road. I never had to put on a set of chains and I was only snowed in 3 times in the 40 years I was out there. When I was hauling freight in the 80's, and I was on the way to San Francsico and they closed Donner Pass and I had to stay at a truck stop in Reno for 3 days before I could go over. Also, in the 80's I had to stay in Laramie Wy for a couple of days because of snow. Then in 2010 I was on the way to the World Finals in California and I started hitting heavy snow just west of Grants NM and by the time I got to Winslow AZ it was a white out. I had already heard on the CB that they had closed the road at Flagstaff so I pulled into the Flying J in Winslow at about 2.00am. When I woke up at 9.00 am the sun was shining and the roads were clear for travel and the rest of my trip was hammer down with dry roads all the way to the track. I think I pulled off the road more for heavy rain storms and high winds then I did snow. The one thing I didn't like was black ice. Are you going back empty or loaded? Traveling in snow empty is not very much fun especially with the wind you get traveling across the Northwest.

Last edited:
I was pretty lucky as far as my snow adventures when I was on the road. I never had to put on a set of chains and I was only snowed in 3 times in the 40 years I was out there. When I was hauling freight in the 80's, and I was on the way to San Francsico and they closed Donner Pass and I had to stay at a truck stop in Reno for 3 days before I could go over. Also, in the 80's I had to stay in Laramie Wy for a couple of days because of snow. Then in 2010 I was on the way to the World Finals in California and I started hitting heavy snow just west of Grants NM and by the time I got to Winslow AZ it was a white out. I had already heard on the CB that they had closed the road at Flagstaff so I pulled into the Flying J in Winslow at about 2.00am. When I woke up at 9.00 am the sun was shining and the roads were clear for travel and the rest of my trip was hammer down with dry roads all the way to the track. I think I pulled off the road more for heavy rain storms and high winds then I did snow. The one thing I didn't like was black ice. Are you going back empty or loaded? Traveling in snow empty is not very much fun especially with the wind you get traveling across the Northwest.
I'll be empty. Yeah, not so great for traction. I've been stuck in truck stop parking lots before with an empty trailer. The wind isn't too bad with the rounded tanker. Not being a brick moving down the road has its advantages.

About a half hour before arriving for my scheduled delivery, my dispatcher called. Asked if I'd be willing to rescue a load that was to be delivered at this same location yesterday morning. Apparently the driver did not have anything more than a photocopy of his license for identification. Who the heck only carries a photocopy of their license? Anyhow, he's not allowed on property without the proper id. So...... What is to take place is that once I'm offloaded, I'll take my empty to his location where I'll give him my empty and then bring his loaded trailer back here again to offload. More money for me so I'm okay with it. Throws of my timing on my pre-trip planning but I'll get it figured out. That driver will head home with my empty and I'll do the same with his.

I'm currently waiting for them to come hook up to my tank to be offloaded. A guy came out a few minutes ago telling me that they are having an issue with their equipment. They're trying to get it rectified. I'm already on the clock for getting offload detention pay so I'm okay with them having issues. I'm good to stay here until Monday if need be. That would work out to a nice Christmas bonus. The only thing that concerns me is the weather between here and home.

Still have to do the rescue load. They wouldn't take it until today at 6am. After offloading mine yesterday, I went to a local truck stop to swap trailers and paperwork. Parked for the night waiting for this morning.

This product is thick. It takes a longer time than usual to pump off. The product I delivered yesterday was loaded last Friday. The product I'm delivering today was loaded a few days before that. I thought about having this load steamed but there wasn't quite enough time to get to a location to do that and still get back for delivery in time. So, it'll probably be another long offload process this morning.

An Idaho sunrise.

20211218_075642.jpg

The roads look dry and that's good. I hope you make it home for Christmas. I have spent my share of time on the road away from home during Christmas.
I'm currently doing a reset in South Bend. I'm only 5 hours from home. I'll bet at my home terminal about 1am tomorrow. I've still got time to get in a couple more days before taking off for the holidays. Once I get home I'm taking off until the beginning of the year. A week of will be great. Got a big honey do list to complete and a beer Meister to kick! It'll be a week of home projects, football bowl games and alcohol to consume when the power tools are put away. Oh, and home cooked food to boot! Hell yeah!

I'm currently doing a reset in South Bend. I'm only 5 hours from home. I'll bet at my home terminal about 1am tomorrow. I've still got time to get in a couple more days before taking off for the holidays. Once I get home I'm taking off until the beginning of the year. A week of will be great. Got a big honey do list to complete and a beer Meister to kick! It'll be a week of home projects, football bowl games and alcohol to consume when the power tools are put away. Oh, and home cooked food to boot! Hell yeah!
You keep safe brother...without you this country stops.

Finished my reset in South Bend last night. Afterwards I headed to Pittsburgh to drop the empty where i picked up a preload bound for Chicago. I'll deliver that later tonight where I'll pick up another preload that is going to Pittsburgh. Should be back home by tomorrow morning.

Have a great holiday season and enjoy your time with family and friends. Talk at you all next year.

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again.....

Left Monday on a 4 week stint that'll take me though the end of January.
Started this week by loading down in West Virginia, delivering in eastern PA this morning. Followed that up by doing a Preload in Paulsboro NJ midday.

I'm scheduled to get loaded at 1240am later tonight on a load bound for Edmonton. Going to be interesting. It's a temperature sensitive load that needs to be delivered at 60 degrees. The nights have been -20 to -30 I'm that section of Alberta since Christmas time. I'm not to deliver until next Monday. I'll probably have to have the load steamed on Sunday to get it back up to temperature. I should know if that's the case by Friday. I'll be monitoring the temperature each afternoon when I park for the day. Also crossing my fingers that the weather holds out for the trip.

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again.....

Left Monday on a 4 week stint that'll take me though the end of January.
Started this week by loading down in West Virginia, delivering in eastern PA this morning. Followed that up by doing a Preload in Paulsboro NJ midday.

I'm scheduled to get loaded at 1240am later tonight on a load bound for Edmonton. Going to be interesting. It's a temperature sensitive load that needs to be delivered at 60 degrees. The nights have been -20 to -30 I'm that section of Alberta since Christmas time. I'm not to deliver until next Monday. I'll probably have to have the load steamed on Sunday to get it back up to temperature. I should know if that's the case by Friday. I'll be monitoring the temperature each afternoon when I park for the day. Also crossing my fingers that the weather holds out for the trip.
I thought your tankers used engine coolant to keep the product warm? Or is that only certain trailers and certain conditions?

I thought your tankers used engine coolant to keep the product warm? Or is that only certain trailers and certain conditions?
When I hauled chemicals for my last company, that was the norm. I've not seen it utilized here. My truck isn't equipped to do so. I only guess it's more of a rarity with Lubricants. Why, I'm not sure. Some of this stuff I offload is so thick it sure could use some heat.

There were plenty of times with chemicals that streaming was required to. That engine coolant is sometimes not hot enough. Wheni hauled some plastics in the past, they had to be heated above 200 degrees. Guys in special suits had to offload the product.

Personally, I like hauling Lubricants better. Les exposure to nasties!

DAMN!! You headed to cold country !! Edmonton gotta be chilly with temps at low of minus 25 and a high of 6 degrees Fahrenheit. Definitely not bathing suit weather.

Reminds me of the motorcycle trip five of us went on to Move Scotia the first week of June, 1980. The temperature at Peggy's Cove at 10 a.m. was between 55 and 60 degrees F. People were wearing bathing suits and getting coffee and french fries covered in gravy. Tried it, except for wearing a bathing suit, and thought it was a pretty good way to eat fries. Stuck with us for a chilly ride though the morning.

DAMN!! You headed to cold country !! Edmonton gotta be chilly with temps at low of minus 25 and a high of 6 degrees Fahrenheit. Definitely not bathing suit weather.

Reminds me of the motorcycle trip five of us went on to Move Scotia the first week of June, 1980. The temperature at Peggy's Cove at 10 a.m. was between 55 and 60 degrees F. People were wearing bathing suits and getting coffee and french fries covered in gravy. Tried it, except for wearing a bathing suit, and thought it was a pretty good way to eat fries. Stuck with us for a chilly ride though the morning.
I follow a heavy haul driver on Youtube that is headed to Edmonton. The shipper changed the anti freeze on the dozer he is hauling from -30 below to -50 below before he left. Yikes.

When I hauled chemicals for my last company, that was the norm. I've not seen it utilized here. My truck isn't equipped to do so. I only guess it's more of a rarity with Lubricants. Why, I'm not sure. Some of this stuff I offload is so thick it sure could use some heat.

There were plenty of times with chemicals that streaming was required to. That engine coolant is sometimes not hot enough. Wheni hauled some plastics in the past, they had to be heated above 200 degrees. Guys in special suits had to offload the product.

Personally, I like hauling Lubricants better. Les exposure to nasties!
I haven't followed this thread closely, didn't realize you changed companies.

I had mentioned earlier that this is a temperature sensitive load. It needs to arrive for delivery between 60-90 degrees Fahrenheit. After loading this morning I checked the gauge on the side of the tanker. It had no reading. I asked the loader for the product temperature and was told it was 94 degrees. Well, I just stopped for the day. Still no reading on the trailer gauge. I grabbed my temperature gun and climbed up top. I removed one of the clean out caps on top of the trailer and shot the product. Turns out it's only 59 degrees. Chances are they loaded it at it's minimum temperature. This load will need steamed before delivery. There is a place only five minutes from my delivery point that can stream the load. Scheduled to drop it off on Saturday. I'll drop the trailer and pick it back up on Monday morning to deliver.

Okay. Gonna profess my ignorance but how do they "steam" the load to bring it up to temperature? Is the trailer left in a heated garage and steam applied to the exterior of the trailer? If so, how long must it take to penetrate the insulation of the product inside the trailer? I can't imagine getting the temperature from the low to mid-forties, which is where my uneducated guess is what the product temperature will be by the time you get to Edmonton. So many questions .......... so little time.

Okay. Gonna profess my ignorance but how do they "steam" the load to bring it up to temperature? Is the trailer left in a heated garage and steam applied to the exterior of the trailer? If so, how long must it take to penetrate the insulation of the product inside the trailer? I can't imagine getting the temperature from the low to mid-forties, which is where my uneducated guess is what the product temperature will be by the time you get to Edmonton. So many questions .......... so little time.
Many of the trailers that you see traveling down the road are insulated. You mainly are just seeing the skin of a trailer from the outside. Under the skin is insulation wrapped around the actual tank. There is piping that also wraps immediately around the tank. Coolant, from a truck that's configured properly, can be connected to this pipe system allowing it to constantly flow around the tanks exterior. That coolant will keep the product fairly warm.

If your truck is not equipped, the tanker can be taken to a facility to be steamed. They hook up a steam line to that same connection. The steam is much hotter and will raise the temperature much quicker. I'll have to have this load steamed. They will probably do it over night on Sunday. I'll pick the trailer up Monday morning and deliver the product to the customer.

The temperature dropped to 52 degrees today. -3 degrees outside.

Thank you for the explanation. If the piping is already there I wonder why the company doesn't utilize it unless they figure it is less expensive just to pay the charge to have the load warmed with steam than to assemble necessary parts to run coolant from the engine.
Will you come back empty? All the way to the main yard? Or can you pick up another load along the way and drop the tanker trailer there?
I've been watching the weather where you drive and hope you don't get caught in a bad weather situation. But, with a reasonable amount of fuel and food in the freezer and 'fridge, you should be pretty well set in the event of a stand still situation.

Thank you for the explanation. If the piping is already there I wonder why the company doesn't utilize it unless they figure it is less expensive just to pay the charge to have the load warmed with steam than to assemble necessary parts to run coolant from the engine.
Will you come back empty? All the way to the main yard? Or can you pick up another load along the way and drop the tanker trailer there?
I've been watching the weather where you drive and hope you don't get caught in a bad weather situation. But, with a reasonable amount of fuel and food in the freezer and 'fridge, you should be pretty well set in the event of a stand still situation.
When I hauled chemicals, temperature was important for most all products. Lubricants, not so much. The cost of steaming is passed to the customer. It's probably not worth the company outfitting all of their Lube Division tractors with the necessary connections.

Yes, I'll come back empty from Edmonton. We don't back haul from there. I'll be dispatched to Chicago with the empty. I'll drop it in our yard there and grab a preload heading to my next destination. Where that is, I probably won't know until the day before I get to Chicago.

I'm currently just ready of Minneapolis. It's currently -3. Supposed to go down to -21 later tonight. I couldn't get as far as I wanted today. There was a bad wreck about 60 miles ahead of me that had the road shut down. I stopped for the day. I'll head out around 3am. I'm still 1,267 miles from my delivery point. The yard where the load will get steamed is just around the corner. The truck stop that I'll be spending the weekend at is about 20 minutes away from there. I'm going to bobtail to the truck stop for the weekend. I plan on getting back under the load on Monday just before delivery.

New wrinkle..... Developed a coolant leak. So far, slow enough that I can just add coolant. Hopefully it'll get no worse. The plan is still for me to deliver on Monday and drive straight to the Peterbilt dealer close to where I deliver. Scheduled for service on Monday/Tuesday. I'll probably grab a hotel room for the night. Good thing is, I got breakdown pay this afternoon and will also get it for Monday/Tuesday. My truck is scheduled to be retired. When that will happen, I don't know. I do know I'm another day closer. So, I've got that going for me. ;)

Welp..... Made it almost to Fargo before running into fuel issues. While I'm running anti gel my filters are basically plugged. Limped into a Travel plaza East of Fargo. -26 out. Good thing is I can idle and the inside temp is in the mid 70's.

So..... A huge coincidence..... The truck stop that I pulled into had a couple empty spots next to the fuel Island. One of those empty spots is next to another one of our company trucks. Turns out, it's a friend of mine that is on his way back to Chicago from Canada with an empty. I'm currently working on having dispatch have him rescue my load. I'm turn, I can take his empty back to Chicago and have my coolant leak worked on at our shop. Win, win for him, me, and the company. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm waiting for normal business hours to get my filters replaced.

The plan is going as planned. Swapped trailers. Gonna head to Chicago. Service on Monday. Still waiting on road assistance to get my filters changed. Probably a busy day for that.

Will you be getting a new rig or don't you have enough seniority and will end up with something newer than you are currently driving?
Sounds as if the one you are driving now is telling management it is tired and wants to quit.
Jus glad you had issues near a truck stop instead of out in the middle of nowhere and the engine not running at all. Don't they usually change filters routinely? Have a safe trip. Been watching the weather ............ to darn cold for me.

Will you be getting a new rig or don't you have enough seniority and will end up with something newer than you are currently driving?
Sounds as if the one you are driving now is telling management it is tired and wants to quit.
Jus glad you had issues near a truck stop instead of out in the middle of nowhere and the engine not running at all. Don't they usually change filters routinely? Have a safe trip. Been watching the weather ............ to darn cold for me.
Our company ordered enough rigs to replace all in the Lube Division. The problem is the 'chip shortage'. Just like most of the auto industry, big truck manufacturers are unable to push their inventory out the door. I think about 20 have come in so far. I don't know where mine falls on the list. All I do know is that it was originally scheduled to be retired last July.

I've had the filters changed on this truck twice since Thanksgiving. Another driver on this same route has had issues as well. Not sure if we're getting bad fuel somewhere or what.

It's currently up to -9. Getting warmer.

Warmer?! Yeh! Right!! Next thing we know you'll be climbing out of the cab in shorts and a bright Hawaiian flower designed short sleeved shirt.

A little follow-up and an update.....

Finally got the fuel filters changed last Friday. Ended up nursing the coolant leak over the weekend at that breakdown location. Left Sunday morning for Chicago. Went to top off the coolant before heading that way only to find out it stopped leaking. I don't even know how that's possible.

Had the mechanic look at that issue and a couple others in Chicago. They were unable to determine the source of the leak.

Was dispatched to Pittsburgh to deliver in Washington pa. From there I went back to western Michigan with a load. Delivered there and dropped off the empty in Chicago. Picked up a Preload that I'm now delivering in Brockville, ON.
Last night my low coolant alarm went off again. Sure enough it was leaking. I topped off and went back to sleep. 9 hours later it went off again. Currently I'm going through about a gallon over the 9 hour period while idling.

I'm currently at the customer offloading. I've been dispatched to head down to Pedricktown, NJ to drop off this empty. Because no mechanics will be available over the weekend, I'm going to do some local runs to that area while nursing the coolant leak. On Monday morning I'll be at our main terminal to have them look for the problem there. Just in time for the winter storm to roll in.

Can't wait to get that new truck..... Hopefully sooner than later.

No word in two weeks and wondering how the snow and weather in general are affecting your job. Seems as if no matter where you might have to go there is some lousy weather to hinder your progress. Hope everything is okay and the old tractor you are driving isn't giving you trouble.

Back
Top Bottom