I think Ryan Blaney is my new favorite driver...

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
As a Ford fan you cheer for all the teams in your manufacture but you typically have one favorite over the past few years it's been Brad Keselowski before that it was Carl Edwards before him Matt Kenseth and anybody who drove the 28 car. But I've really grown to like Ryan Blaney that guy is as cool as they get and he's as stand up as they get. I think overall he's a great person and he's really easy to cheer for.

Kyle Larson is my number 1 driver
Aric Almirola number 2
Ryan Blaney number 3

Ryan is a class act on and off the track, and that podcast of his has me laughing through most of every episode

I started liking Blaney because I'm a big Wood Brothers fan, but his talent and personality has only made be a bigger fan of his. Larson was my new favorite after Gordon retired, but Blaney will probably overtake him by the end of the year. Elliott is a favorite as well, but I hate the "hate it for my guys" attitude he has sometimes. Maybe a win will fix that.

I started liking Blaney because I'm a big Wood Brothers fan, but his talent and personality has only made be a bigger fan of his. Larson was my new favorite after Gordon retired, but Blaney will probably overtake him by the end of the year. Elliott is a favorite as well, but I hate the "hate it for my guys" attitude he has sometimes. Maybe a win will fix that.
Elliott is too sad/emo/going to die if I don't get my first win soon, Larson is cool but not too much personality, but Blaney is too cool man I met him at Fontana and he took his time signing everyone's stuff and stayed a long time answering everyone's questions and chatting with fans he was super nice and genuine with everyone easy to root for him :)

That was me “anybody who drove the 28 car”
The plates on my truck read “28 nlead”
Moved to Newman when 28 went away.
We need the 28 car back on the track!

As a Ford fan you cheer for all the teams in your manufacture but you typically have one favorite over the past few years it's been Brad Keselowski before that it was Carl Edwards before him Matt Kenseth and anybody who drove the 28 car. But I've really grown to like Ryan Blaney that guy is as cool as they get and he's as stand up as they get. I think overall he's a great person and he's really easy to cheer for.
I remembered this post last night after your boy won the pole.

Never was a Ford fan, I suppose Jack Roush turned me off completely.
I am more of a driver fan anyway and when Brad had to go to Penske Dodge
I just cheered for him regardless. Now he is in a Ford, however I just look at it like he is driving a nascar car so it doesn't bother me. I had a tremendous amount of respect for Doug Yates, just as I do Roger Penske and he was OK in a Studebaker.
Of all the young drivers I think Blaney has the best personality and he easily fit
into my driver favorites.

Elliott is too sad/emo/going to die if I don't get my first win soon, Larson is cool but not too much personality, but Blaney is too cool man I met him at Fontana and he took his time signing everyone's stuff and stayed a long time answering everyone's questions and chatting with fans he was super nice and genuine with everyone easy to root for him :)

This post sums Blaney up. He gets it. I've heard stories forever how the King would interact with fans, and made sure everybody that wanted an autograph got one. In other words he wasn't short and pithy with the fans, like some of the current crop. I really like Blaney and a lot of the other new kids. They're good for the sport.

Yes Blaney is a great guy, really connects with the fans, and is a very good driver. I adopted him prior to last season when he got the 21 ride, along with Chase, and picked Bubba prior to this season as my #3 to pull for after Jr retired.

Everybody picks their drivers for different reasons, which is all good.

Welcome...we Blaney fans are known as "Blaniacs".

Blaney is the man, remarkably poised and comfortable in his own skin. But most importantly, he drives the wheels off his car. Mike Joy has repeated several times the story of how Leonard Wood stands in awe of Blaney. "He punches the button HARD" says Leonard. And Leonard Wood knows how rare that is.

source.gif

Blaney is the man, remarkably poised and comfortable in his own skin. But most importantly, he drives the wheels off his car. Mike Joy has repeated several times the story of how Leonard Wood stands in awe of Blaney. "He punches the button HARD" says Leonard. And Leonard Wood knows how rare that is.

Leonard Woods' validation is good enough for me. That guy fielded cars for the Silver Fox. If anyone alive knows what pure talent is, it's Leonard Wood.

When Kes hangs it up I will probably jump on the bandwagon. He doesn’t seem to be of those “look at me” guys, doing burnouts and BS like that. Appears he makes himself available to fans and is trying to be a good ambassador to the sport and not taking himself too seriously in the process.

Plus he isn’t afraid of Harvick and puts up with one of his bullying ****.

I'm just going to copy a format I saw on another forum about F1, and paste it here, but with all of the full-time NASCAR Cup Series drivers instead:

Drivers I actually like:

Martin Truex, Jr.
Jimmie Johnson
Kurt Busch
Kasey Kahne

Drivers who I have no negative feelings towards:

Chase Elliott
Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson
Ryan Blaney
Daniel Suarez
Erik Jones
Bubba Wallace, Jr.
Chris Buescher
Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
Alex Bowman
Aric Almirola
William Byron
Matt DiBenedetto
Michael McDowell
A. J. Allmendinger
Jamie McMurray
Paul Menard
Jeffrey Earnhardt

Drivers who I don't like but see the value in them being on the grid:

Kevin Harvick
Joey Logano
Brad Keselowski
Ryan Newman

Drivers who are wastes of seats and I wish would GTFO ASAP:

Denny Hamlin
Austin Dillon
Ty Dillon
Clint Bowyer
Trevor Bayne
David Ragan
Gray Gaulding

So is the 12 driver better than the 9 driver because he has one win?

Kinda like a baseball game, still the top of the first inning with one out. There's a whole lotta game left to play. These two could make for some great racing for years to come.

That's a great analogy I like that

So is the 12 driver better than the 9 driver because he has one win?
He has more across the board. More Xfinity wins in less starts, NCWTS ROY, Chase has a Nationwide championship, but Blaney only ran 14 races that year and had 13 top tens

Back
Top Bottom