If I were the King of NASCAR for a day, I'd?

Heck, our current NASCAR president liquidates all the time best I can tell. I think scotch is his preferred method. Oh, wait, I guess I misunderstood the term liquidate. My bad.

Touche'. LOL

In order:

Revert to the pre-2004 championship based on points accumulated over the entire season.
EDIT - Switch Indianapolis Motor Speedway to the road course or get it the hell off the schedule.
If you fail post-race inspection, the win (and points, money, etc) goes to the next car in line that successfully passes, even if it's two days later.
Eliminate overtime; races end at the announced distance.
Eliminate body templates.
For all other pre-race inspection items, two strikes and you're out. If you fail the second attempt, get out of the way and put 'er on the truck.
Eliminate triple-header weekends. When there are three races scheduled on a weekend, at least one must be a 'standalone' at a track that isn't on the Cup schedule.
Increase the points awarded to the top five finishers.
Don't count laps during planned cautions - competition cautions, stage breaks, etc.
Review the necessity of competition cautions.
Review the concept of stage races, esp. the number of stages in Trucks and Xfinity.

Last edited:
Bring all 3 series back to rockingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order:

Revert to the pre-2004 championship based on points accumulated over the entire season.
If you fail post-race inspection, the win (and points, money, etc) goes to the next car in line that successfully passes, even if it's two days later.
Eliminate overtime; races end at the announced distance.
Eliminate body templates.
For all other pre-race inspection items, two strikes and you're out. If you fail the second attempt, get out of the way and put 'er on the truck.
Eliminate triple-header weekends. When there are three races scheduled on a weekend, at least one must be a 'standalone' at a track that isn't on the Cup schedule.
Increase the points awarded to the top five finishers.
Don't count laps during planned cautions - competition cautions, stage breaks, etc.
Review the necessity of competition cautions.
Review the concept of stage races, esp. the number of stages in Trucks and Xfinity.

I will vote for you early and often but could you also do something about the plate races?

I will vote for you early and often but could you also do something about the plate races?
Sure! How many more would you like? :p

Plates are a direct result of the track banking. I can lean on ISC to knock down the banking and encourage use of the DIS infield, but the physical modifications necessary are way beyond a single day's action. Otherwise they would have been second on my list.

Bring all 3 series back to rockingham.
I love it, but who are you going to get to subsidize the operations? The place won't break even without regular financial assistance, much less show a profit; there are reasons it went under in the first place. You can't force the current owner (whoever it is) to send in an application and fees; otherwise I'd be advocating a return to Myrtle Beach too.

-Bring the stock back to stock cars. They would essentially be like the GT4 series.
-Shake up the schedule. Get rid of each second date except for Daytona and Talladega. Bring back dirt racing to the Cup series. Add about five dirt tracks and 2 or three road courses.
-Bring back Dodge

Eli.inate fans who complain about everything...oh you said of NASCAR not the world

I wouldn't do a whole lot as I like the current points system and the playoffs. I'd probably take Loudon off the schedule as I hate that race and replace it with Road America. Move the Championship race to Vegas.

Remove all the restrictions and micromanagement of what the teams can do to the cars. If Jimmie has a faster Chevy than Brad's Ford, that is how it is. Brad's team needs to figure it out.

Add two or three road course races, remove a few 2nd date races, or maybe rotate them.
Add a midweek race just to try it out.
Change the structure in which the networks charge for commercials, for example maybe put a cap on how much they can charge per race and how many advertisers that can have per race.

Hmm some good suggestions already. 1.) Goodbye Chase/Playoff system replaced with a full season points system that rewards winning (let's say 15 points more than 2nd place) with a points paid out for most laps led, fastest lap of the race and one lap led. Let's say 5 points each 2.) Eradicate Stage racing, nice gimmick but I like my racing 400 or 500 miles, fastest wins. Simple. And no playoff points needed. 3.) Schedule change- Goodbye: one race at Kansas, New Hampshire, one Dover race, one Charlotte. Hello: Road America, Rockingham, North Wilkesboro ( I know both tracks arnt logical but I own NASCAR for a day. I'd order them fixed up and I'd have NASCAR pay for it), and Iowa. Charlotte keeps the All Star Race but rotates with another track every other year that doesn't have a Cup race. So for instance 2017 Charlotte, 2018 Milwaukee Mile, 2019 Charlotte 2020 Myrtle Beach Speedway. I think this way opens up a way to attract new fans by them getting to see their heroes and gives support to my next idea. 4.) Change Xfinity and Trucks schedule to just about all stand alone races. Can go to tracks like Gateway, Milwaukee Mile,IRP, Myrtle Beach, South Boston or Nashville Fairgrounds. I'd also reopen Nashville Superspeedway. 5.) Make a deal to get Dodge back. 6.) Make a deal with the government ( I think they made laws restricting certain companies from sponsoring) to bring back Tobacco, chewless tobacco and hard liquor companies such as Kodiak, Skoal, Marlboro, Crown Royal And Levi Garrett to open up new sponsors to teams. 7.) Do away with the front splitter 8.) Institute a Winston Million like major system that rewards a driver with a million dollars for winning 3 of the 5 of Daytona 500, Coca Cola 600, Brickyard 400 ( sorry no matter how boring you might think it is, it's Indianapolis. Every driver in the world would love to win there, it's a prestigious race) Bristol Night race and Southern 500. I think that's it for now, I'm sure I will think of something else later, this is a fun thread.

1. There would be at least 18 short track races on the 36 race schedule, two of them at North Wilksboro.
2. There would be at least 8 Road Course races.
3. Darlington would get the spring race restored, as well as keeping the Southern 500 labor day race.
4. Rockingham would get two races.
5. Daytona and Talladega, would be forced to reconfigure to a smaller track.
6. Softer tires, more HP, and less down force would be a priority.
7. Phantom debri cautions would be eliminated, full course cautions on road courses would be rare.
8. The chase and the chase eliminations would be eliminated. Brian France would be publicly rebuked, and ruled ineligible to ever be recognized by Nascar ever again , except for the purposes of any futher disassociation. Any Nascar private Nascar files containing evidence to have Brian France, Leesa France Kennedy, and Bruton Smith arrested would be handed over to the most zealous prosecutor.
9. Trophy queens attire coverage would be similar Victoria's Secret lingerie coverage.
10. Trophy Queens would understand the importance of a good exhibition.
Grid girls would be primping all over the pre race starting grid.
11. Points would be worth +1 per postion. p40 = 1 points, p11 =30 points,
p6 to p10 will increase with 2 extra points per position, p4 and p5 would get 3 extra points per position. P3 would 4 extra points, P2 would get 5 extra points, P1 would get 10 extra points.
There would be no finale gimmicks.
12. Beginning in 2019 no owner could own no more than 3 teams. In 2022 no owner could own no more than two teams. No present owner would be allowed would be allowed to expand to a third team.
No collusion would be permitted. Team cars would be garaged at least 5 spaces between each other.
Spotters for the same car owner would be forbidden to talk to each orher during the race.
13. GWC, and double file restarts would cease immediately.
14. Nascar announcers be disciplined for spending to much time bragging, rather than doing there jobs.
Dave Moody would be immediately fired.
15. Indianapolis speedway would be removed from the schedule.
16. The bull**** Nascar fan council would be eliminated, it is a pretentious insult a fans intelligence.
17. The current car platform would keep the integrity of the current chasis and roll cages for safety. But the bodies or skins would be intended to look more stock appearing.
18. Victory Lane would be under the flag stand, and very accessible to fans.

The Xfinty and Truck series would have no more than 12 companion cup events.
Short tracks like Hickory Speedway, IRP would be added back with two events each.

Eliminate the playoffs.

Return to old point system with 1 tweak to award winning more - 1st 250pts. 2nd 175, 3rd 170 etc

Bring back North Wilkesboro and Rockingham.

Keep the Daytona 500, World 600 & Southern 500 at their current lengths. No other races need to be 500 miles or over 3hrs in length.

Cup series drives can run a max of 5 races total between the xfinity and trucks in a single season.

Get someone to build a 3rd restrictor plate track.

Race winner gets 20 points, 2nd 9, 3rd 8.... 9th 2, 10th 1, everyone else zero. 10 bonus points for leading the most laps. So a winner could earn as much as 30 points, and second place could earn 19 while the winner gets 20.

No more chase, obviously.

The next driver that bad mouths a fan to their face, or on social media, will immediately lose their ride. Any driver intentionally sand bagging, loses all their points they earned that year, and writes a formal letter of apology they have to read prior to the start of the next race, refusal is an immediate lifetime expulsion.

No 1.5 mile track is allowed a second date, and at least three abandoned old school tracks will be brought up to standards within 3 years.

Anyone unable to attend a rescheduled race, can either have their ticket refunded, or applied to the following years race.

A limited number of Hot passes will be available to everyone, first come, first served. Everyone is welcome to walk on the track and watch the prerace concert and driver intro, without a pass.

Races can start 2 hours early, if the forecast calls for poor weather later in the day.

Change the structure in which the networks charge for commercials, for example maybe put a cap on how much they can charge per race and how many advertisers that can have per race.
You realize , NASCAR would have no control over that, it would be like the networks telling the teams how much money they can charge for sponsorships.

You realize , NASCAR would have no control over that, it would be like the networks telling the teams how much money they can charge for sponsorships.
I'm sure they have some say over how many commercials are run during an event, or there would be even more, you know how greedy the networks are. I'm sure NASCAR could step in. I would also think that things like that would be in the contracts that NASCAR has with the networks. Besides, as stated, this is a fantasy thread.

Same exact points system as F1.

Michigan and Indy become plate tracks, Eldora gets a date

I'm sure they have some say over how many commercials are run during an event, or there would be even more, you know how greedy the networks are. I'm sure NASCAR could step in. I would also think that things like that would be in the contracts that NASCAR has with the networks. Besides, as stated, this is a fantasy thread.
Lets stick with this is a fantasy thread for your reply.;)

Back
Top Bottom