If NASCAR is serious about intentionally wrecking other drivers...

My opinion, the 3 will get suspended for contact with the 11. Then RCR will ask for and receive a waiver for the playoffs, the 22 will get fined probably 50 grand, with that being said I think a rule change is coming, after this incident NASCAR will NOT issue a playoff Waiver for Rough Driving going forward, no chance. If you win the race or are already in the playoffs but get suspended you will not granted a reprieve. I think that's why they didn't come out yesterday, they are still trying to word it correctly and put it in the book

IMO the best way to handle this is suspend him for rough driving and deny them a wavier. You can keep the win, but it doesn't make you eligible for the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

IMO the best way to handle this is suspend him for rough driving and deny them a wavier. You can keep the win, but it doesn't make you eligible for the playoffs.

They gave Chase Elliott one so there is a precedent

They gave Chase Elliott one so there is a precedent
Chase also didn't intentionally wreck 2 guys in the same corner on the last lap for a win. Seriously that was some Bowman Gray crap.

There is precedent from many years ago. Ricky Rudd tapped Davey Allison on the final turn of the last lap at Sonoma and NESCAR gave him the black flag. They awarded the race to Allison.

Ricky's bump was questionable whether it was intended as a bump and run as it was so slight. Nothing egregious and could easily have been good hard, close racing and observers might say Allison came down on Rudd.
NASCAR set a precedent that day.

Chase also didn't intentionally wreck 2 guys in the same corner on the last lap for a win. Seriously that was some Bowman Gray crap.

Doesnt matter, he right hooked Hamlin and that's what we are comparing

There is precedent from many years ago. Ricky Rudd tapped Davey Allison on the final turn of the last lap at Sonoma and NESCAR gave him the black flag. They awarded the race to Allison.

Ricky's bump was questionable whether it was intended as a bump and run as it was so slight. Nothing egregious and could easily have been good hard, close racing and observers might say Allison came down on Rudd.
NASCAR set a precedent that day.

Bill Jr made that immediate call, they have a process now.

Doesnt matter, he right hooked Hamlin and that's what we are comparing
Nope you look at the whole thing. He made no real attempt to make the corner and then after intentionally wrecking 1 car he makes a left turn and takes out a second one.

... If all it was when Hamlin came up and they collided? Nothing probably but a lot of Hamlin whining. But because it was Dillon...not popular, ran into the two biggest A holes in the sport, here we go, time to lose our minds.
Sequence photos showing Hamlin coming up into Dillon. This absolute proof it was all Hamlin's fault. eDepending on what size aluminum hat you wear. 😁

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 9.48.04 AM.png

Sequence photos showing Hamlin coming up into Dillon. This absolute proof it was all Hamlin's fault. eDepending on what size aluminum hat you wear. 😁

View attachment 79795
Those yellow lines mean little. Dillion was taking the shortest route to the flag after he gathered it up. Hamlin was taking the normal line that would end up close to the outside wall out of the corner. . Hamlin's problem was that the 3 car was in the way.

Nope you look at the whole thing. He made no real attempt to make the corner and then after intentionally wrecking 1 car he makes a left turn and takes out a second one.

If he gets suspended I'm betting on the RR hook. k?

Those yellow lines mean little. Dillion was taking the shortest route to the flag after he gathered it up. Hamlin was taking the normal line that would end up close to the outside wall out of the corner. . Hamlin's problem was that the 3 car was in the way.
Exactly the #11 was taking the normal racing line. The #3 came out of nowhere because he was way up the track from wrecking the #22.

Just to state a fact I can't stand Denny and sticking up for him in this situation hurts, but facts are facts....

Exactly the #11 was taking the normal racing line. The #3 came out of nowhere because he was way up the track from wrecking the #22.

Just to state a fact I can't stand Denny and sticking up for him in this situation hurts, but facts are facts....
This isn't highway safety stay in your lane and oncoming traffic has to yield. Dillon was on a race track and was taking the shortest line to the finish and Hamlin wasn't clear.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

This isn't highway safety stay in your lane and oncoming traffic has to yield. Dillon was on a race track and was taking the shortest line to the finish and Hamlin wasn't clear.
Or Dillion wasn't clear to enter the racing lane...

Riiiight! You got it all as close to being accurate except for the part about Hamlin being clear. Hamlin had the line, Dillon turned left. Not rocket science. Pictures don't lie. No AI here. But, I get it. Denny was involved and in your etyes is at fault. :rolleyes: :XXROFL:

Riiiight! You got it all as close to being accurate except for the part about Hamlin being clear. Hamlin had the line, Dillon turned left. Not rocket science. Pictures don't lie. No AI here. But, I get it. Denny was involved and in your etyes is at fault. :rolleyes: :XXROFL:

Denny could cure cancer and SOI would complain about the impact to the pharmaceutical industry.

There is no had the line or right a way. Dillion was running his line (the shortest distance to the finish) and Hamlin was running his. Hamlin wasn't clear.

Anybody remember years ago when Newman smashed Larson into the wall that was back when Larson was driving for Ganassi? Newman did it so he could advance in the round of the playoffs and when Newman was asked about it smiled and gave it an aw shucks answer and Nascar did nothing about it? Setting a president my ass lol.

Not a personal attack. You have a bias against Dennis. I don’t particularly like him either but I can see that aside for this situation.
I could care less for both. I have eyes and can see both sides. Your Hamlin love is showing if you want to play that stupid game.

Lol, Denny's post race interview was entertaining though. When asked to comment on what happened and after hemming and hawing and mumbling for a while, he finally mumbled something like "I can't really comment" and "people who live in glass houses".

Lol, Denny's post race interview was entertaining though. When asked to comment on what happened and after hemming and hawing and mumbling for a while, he finally mumbled something like "I can't really comment" and "people who live in glass houses".
I loved both Logano's and Hamlin's post race interview. Denny really tried to be diplomatic and it was fun watching thar part....

Imagine the repercussions if the moon turned into a gigantic lump of moldy cheese.

No candy and nuts for the ifs and buts crowd.

Anybody remember years ago when Newman smashed Larson into the wall that was back when Larson was driving for Ganassi? Newman did it so he could advance in the round of the playoffs and when Newman was asked about it smiled and gave it an aw shucks answer and Nascar did nothing about it? Setting a president my ass lol.

I do, Newman did a Hail Mary slide job, all be it on purpose. I also remember Larson stating after the race that he (Larson) understood why he did it and would probably do the same thing a similar situation. I was pissed at Newman ever since.

However, Newman did not hook him in the right rear like Master POP POP's golden boy Dillion did.

I do, Newman did a Hail Mary slide job, all be it on purpose. I also remember Larson stating after the race that he (Larson) understood why he did it and would probably do the same thing a similar situation. I was pissed at Newman ever since.

However, Newman did not hook him in the right rear like Master POP POP's golden boy Dillion did.
Technically wrecking someone left rear, right rear, in the rear, where ever, is wrecking someone to win. Nascar has been condoning and encouraging drivers to wreck em to win and you are in. You get a spot in their playoffs and a whole lot of money for that win farther down the road. They have Talladega coming up. I believe it is one of their cut off races. Technically a driver can wreck the whole field for a win there.

Technically wrecking someone left rear, right rear, in the rear, where ever, is wrecking someone to win. Nascar has been condoning and encouraging drivers to wreck em to win and you are in. You get a spot in their playoffs and a whole lot of money for that win farther down the road. They have Talladega coming up. I believe it is one of their cut off races. Technically a driver can wreck the whole field for a win there.
Or advancing in the playoffs.

Or advancing in the playoffs.

If Harvick did this on purpose, I’ll defend him for the rest of my life.

NASCAR said before the race only one attempt at Overtime.

Caution came out in OT, Harvick was IN.

Then they changed the rules on the fly and said that didn’t count.

I would do the same thing.

2015 was NASCAR at its worst. I called it in June of that year that Kyle Busch would win the championship. And he did. With A LOT of controversy (aside from the waiver).

If Harvick did this on purpose, I’ll defend him for the rest of my life.

NASCAR said before the race only one attempt at Overtime.

Caution came out in OT, Harvick was IN.

Then they changed the rules on the fly and said that didn’t count.

I would do the same thing.

2015 was NASCAR at its worst. I called it in June of that year that Kyle Busch would win the championship. And he did. With A LOT of controversy (aside from the waiver).
Didn’t Harvick cause the wreck on the first GWC also?

Is NASCAR is serious about intentionally wrecking other drivers...​

Oh yeah, they look pretty serious about it.

It will just barely be a grade above bumper cars.
Advance level Bulldozong 40I

Back
Top Bottom