illegal team orders

acmerocket

Team Owner
i thought it was illegal for someone to change the out come of a race, but today hamlin was on his radio all day trying to help the 23 and 19 into the playoffs, he even slowed down to get stage point for the 19. is this not what got walltrips kicked out of nascar, :idunno:

I said it during the broadcast IF I was Nascar I would have thrown him out of the playoffs for letting the 19 have the spot at the end of the stage. Data clearly showed he let off.

100% rule? Guess that doesn't apply

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don't know. I mean, I can appreciate what the claimed "100% rule" tries to accomplish, but I'm not a fan of it. If there are teammates, there will be teamwork. I think intentionally spinning is a way bigger issue then letting your teammate pass you. In this instance, if they tried and successfully executed the move on the backstretch, no one would have even suspected anything. Shoot, drivers who are leading the race have even been known to slow down at the end of a stage allowing the first car one lap down to get back by, even if it's not his teammate.

I said it during the broadcast IF I was Nascar I would have thrown him out of the playoffs for letting the 19 have the spot at the end of the stage. Data clearly showed he let off.

The 100% rule has been circumvented by "team orders" now days. Nascar is to the point that they say nothing about the 100% rule anymore. It's all about win and you are in.

i thought it was illegal for someone to change the out come of a race, but today hamlin was on his radio all day trying to help the 23 and 19 into the playoffs, he even slowed down to get stage point for the 19. is this not what got walltrips kicked out of nascar, :idunno:

The yotas are famous for it. "don't pass him Jones"
That’s plate racing. Reddick said after the race he wasn’t going to pass Dillon and was only blocking.
...and with one post @FLRacingFan shuts 'em up. Thank you.

Apparently you have never watched an F1 race

In DTM and some other series you sometimes see guys almost stopping on the last lap to let a teammate by, even for the win. Allowing Truex to get one more stage point is really not something major, especially since Truex still missed the playoffs.
Reddick also didn't make an attempt to pass Dillon which is understandable from RCR's perspective.

In DTM and some other series you sometimes see guys almost stopping on the last lap to let a teammate by, even for the win. Allowing Truex to get one more stage point is really not something major, especially since Truex still missed the playoffs.
Reddick also didn't make an attempt to pass Dillon which is understandable from RCR's perspective.
But if he would have made the playoffs by 1 point it would have been a very big deal.....

Those yota events occurred during the 100% boys have at it period. Poison ivy itches, don't pass him Jones. They do need all the help they can get regardless.
You are yawning and burping again. White noise.

Don't you guy know by now, Hamlin can do what ever he pleases. Like cause the first wreck and get a pass from the Gerbils.
Indeed, Hambone is Teflon to NASCAR and the gerbil swarm. Also notice how they never got onto Reddick when his nudge/bump created a big wreck.

Reactions: sdj
When did Michael get kicked out of NASCAR? Plate races are notorious for drivers using teamwork to accomplish their goals, its starts at the drop of the green flag until the checkers. As long as its nothing egregious I dont see a problem.

Indeed, Hambone is Teflon to NASCAR and the gerbil swarm. Also notice how they never got onto Reddick when his nudge/bump created a big wreck.
The guy who had a win stripped is "Teflon?". I don't have to say it.

I'd rather watch turtles instead of that overpriced, over engineered boring crap F1 puts on the track.
F1 is like any other form of motorsport.

Not every race is a barn burner, but I undertstand why folks do not want to watch it.

However, the engineering factor is what makes it great and interesting.

with how plate racing is, you almost have to expect there to be team orders. I don't really have an issue with it.
I think team orders to get the team as a whole a better finish is one thing, but purposely manipulating the points for the advantage of one driver is something on a whole other level

with how plate racing is, you almost have to expect there to be team orders. I don't really have an issue with it.
I do, but it's one of many I have with plate racing, and not one of the bigger ones. It's an unavoidable by-product of the format. A driver must have the co-operation of others to win, and teammates and brand-mates are the logical people to start with. Get rid of the need for assistance and most of the team orders go away.

I do, but it's one of many I have with plate racing, and not one of the bigger ones. It's an unavoidable by-product of the format. A driver must have the co-operation of others to win, and teammates and brand-mates are the logical people to start with. Get rid of the need for assistance and most of the team orders go away.
I have a huge problem with plate racing in general. It's not racing. It's a high speed game of chicken.

Attachments

• Wat8.jpg
    Wat8.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 52
That’s plate racing. Reddick said after the race he wasn’t going to pass Dillon and was only blocking.
Reddick had a wounded car his only chance of getting a good finish was to ride behind someone else. Out front that car is a sitting duck

If Reddick’s car was perfect he’d have said and done the exact same thing.

I’m constantly amazed by the fact that people either don’t know or pretend not to know how things work.

If Reddick’s car was perfect he’d have said and done the exact same thing.

I’m constantly amazed by the fact that people either don’t know or pretend not to know how things work.
Sure bud, just like Keselowski and Logano. Hamlin and Kenseth, or last week. Nobody the hell knows what team mates are going to do.

Reddick had a wounded car his only chance of getting a good finish was to ride behind someone else. Out front that car is a sitting duck

If Reddick would have pulled out and nobody went with him he was pretty much done, Cindric would have been all over the three probably

Not every race is a barn burner, but I undertstand why folks do not want to watch it.

To each his own but the "racing" it produces is better than Ambien for a good nights sleep

I would contend almost no race is a barn burner, in most years you have a 95% chance of the winner coming out of the first two rows, and I would suggest 75% of the people watching understand little to none of the engineering involved. It's just the racing that the rest of the world has, and that is what they watch. If they had only NASCAR and we had only F1, I'll bet NASCAR would be the world's form of racing. A lot of the loyalty comes from allegiances people have to teams and drivers from their home country or fandom for certain car makes even if they don't own them. I'll bet 90% of Ferrari F1 fans don't even OWN a Ferrari. By contrast, I'll bet at at least 80% of Chevy NASCAR fans own at least one GM product.

I would contend almost no race is a barn burner, in most years you have a 95% chance of the winner coming out of the first two rows, and I would suggest 75% of the people watching understand little to none of the engineering involved. It's just the racing that the rest of the world has, and that is what they watch. If they had only NASCAR and we had only F1, I'll bet NASCAR would be the world's form of racing. A lot of the loyalty comes from allegiances people have to teams and drivers from their home country or fandom for certain car makes even if they don't own them. I'll bet 90% of Ferrari F1 fans don't even OWN a Ferrari. By contrast, I'll bet at at least 80% of Chevy NASCAR fans own at least one GM product.
I just like racing.

I watch it all because I enjoy it. I have no brand loyalties, none of that mess. I just love watching vehicles move at a great amount of speed.

I'm a simple man when it comes to motorsports, give it to me and I will do my best to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom