IMSA 2017

C8fwaVqUIAAntuQ.jpg

Wild race today. That was a hard hit by the Caddy. Watching Joey Hand's struggles in the final corner were anxious as ****.

This is stupid. You can't decide a race by how well someone gets out of a ****** traffic jam.

call it the order going into the final turn or something. Way too much of a cluster ****.

This and considering for "not being able to pass under yellow flag" rule null and voided. Driver safety has to be considered and if it ends like that, as they come to the line call the order they were in from that point forward.

The third sector of the track was under yellow, Garcia should be the winner.

Makes me love IMSA even more, I love the true unexpectedness of it all.

The only 'expected' thing that happened was the Taylor car blowing by the Nissan. Everything else was totally nuts haha.

This and considering for "not being able to pass under yellow flag" rule null and voided. Driver safety has to be considered and if it ends like that, as they come to the line call the order they were in from that point forward.

The pass for the lead happened with marshals standing on the track in the same corner. That's a sketchy scenario.

This is the first race I've watched and I'm sorry but IMSA is a complete joke. You have 3 different classes of cars competing simultaneously and the slower class getting in the way of the faster class of cars. Not to mention cars passing under yellow and not getting penalized. I thought NASCAR had the worst officiating but IMSA takes the cake. Also, what's with the cars not having a reverse gear? Totally ridiculous.

This is the first race I've watched and I'm sorry but IMSA is a complete joke. You have 3 different classes of cars competing simultaneously and the slower class getting in the way of the faster class of cars. Not to mention cars passing under yellow and not getting penalized. I thought NASCAR had the worst officiating but IMSA takes the cake. Also, what's with the cars not having a reverse gear? Totally ridiculous.

Well NASCAR and IMSA share ownership sooo.....

Try watching an actual endurance sports car race on a big road course instead of a tiny streetcourse

Last edited:
Rest assured that, if that wasn't your cup of tea, it's not the norm for an IMSA race. The first three races at Long Beach since the merger had one total caution. The first two years had only P/GTLM and last year was P/PC/GTLM. The GTD class is so big that swapping them in for PC put them at the cap for this course (35 cars) and they even had to turn entries away. Such a big field and such a small circuit isn't a great recipe to begin with but some guys (Vilander, Werner, Jeannette, Alon) made some uncharacteristically dumb decisions in about the worst places to make them. Every track from here on out is a real road course besides Belle Isle, and that won't have as many entries (P/PC/GTD) and it's almost half a mile longer.

I totally agree that the officiating was a disappointment today and was probably the worst I've seen since the cluster****s of the inaugural 2014 season. I don't know if they had too much on their plate today, weren't prepared, or just didn't make the right calls but I wouldn't expect to see that again for a while.

And, as @DUN24 noted these guys work in the same office building across the street from DIS so that's also something to take into consideration. lol

Fairest thing to do would have been to red flag the race and go back to the order of the last complete lap.

Years ago the same sort of thing happened to Zanardi and he lost a lap. Being Zanardi, he won the race anyway.

Back
Top Bottom