IMSA 2018

The Fords are getting Axalta paint instead of a wrap. Night and day difference if you ask me.
B1kF7UWkd_is5TCtPE1xaz01uEOD26SW4a2xnoR-YOI.jpg

Ford Young Guns To Tackle SportsCar Challenge Opener
Ford Performance development driver Chase Briscoe, along with Austin Cindric, Cole Custer and Ty Majeski, will be mentored and joined on track by IMSA champion driver Scott Maxwell as part of a two-car Mustang GT4 team in the Grand Sport class that weekend.
“We have an outstanding group of young drivers coming up and we feel putting them in this kind of environment with Scott Maxwell will benefit them for the rest of their careers,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “You have to be good on all types of tracks to compete for a NASCAR championship and this will give each of them valuable road course experience in our exciting Mustang GT4 with Multimatic Motorsports.”
https://speedsport.com/road-racing/imsa/nascar-young-guns-tackle-imsa-events-ford/

Is Alex Zanardi racing in this year’s Rolex 24 for BMW? He’s my all time favorite CART Driver, hope it’s true

New Era Ahead For Reinhold Joest With Mazda
IRVINE, Calif. – Reinhold Joest is a soft-spoken man who shuns the spotlight and rarely grants interviews.
But there’s no avoiding the spotlight that has shone on the race team he founded, Joest Racing, since they partnered with Mazda to do battle on U.S. soil in next year’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
http://www.racechaseronline.com/supermodifieds/isma/era-reinhold-joest-mazda/

New Era Ahead For Reinhold Joest With Mazda
IRVINE, Calif. – Reinhold Joest is a soft-spoken man who shuns the spotlight and rarely grants interviews.
But there’s no avoiding the spotlight that has shone on the race team he founded, Joest Racing, since they partnered with Mazda to do battle on U.S. soil in next year’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
http://www.racechaseronline.com/supermodifieds/isma/era-reinhold-joest-mazda/

I am trying to understand this. Mazda factory couldn't get it done so they have hired
Joest to try and create lightening in the bottle like he did with Audi 20 years ago?
Am I reading this right? I am glad, I just don't understand Mazdas point of view in this.

I am trying to understand this. Mazda factory couldn't get it done so they have hired
Joest to try and create lightening in the bottle like he did with Audi 20 years ago?
Am I reading this right? I am glad, I just don't understand Mazdas point of view in this.
SpeedSource were running the Mazda program and it was obvious that after several fledgling years they weren't cut out for that level of competition, and when Joest lost the Audi program they showed up to look around at the Rolex this year and got in touch with Mazda, who were by then entertaining the idea of severing ties with SpeedSource.

SpeedSource were running the Mazda program and it was obvious that after several fledgling years they weren't cut out for that level of competition, and when Joest lost the Audi program they showed up to look around at the Rolex this year and got in touch with Mazda, who were by then entertaining the idea of severing ties with SpeedSource.
Ah ok, Thanks. Forgot about Speedsource. I always thought of Mazda as being a sole factory team for some reason.
That will be fun to see what Joest can do with it. Just keep Downing and his 450db exhaust away.... lol!

Appreciate the daily sportscar links. I really need to be checking that site every day anyway. I've lost count of how many prototypes we will have, but it's got to be over 15, and maybe even 20 for the Rolex.

Its driving me crazy no entry list for the 2018 Rolex(or Roar) anywhere yet that I can find.
Please post any links to anything that even remotely resembles possible entries that you may come across.
Thanks!

Its driving me crazy no entry list for the 2018 Rolex(or Roar) anywhere yet that I can find.
Please post any links to anything that even remotely resembles possible entries that you may come across.
Thanks!

I don't believe the entry is complete yet. Right now we have a combination of fact, rumor and conjecture. The last list of confirmed entries I saw had 14 prototypes.

Thanks!
It should come out just after NYD. I think we're at 17 Prototypes full season, 21 for the Rolex. Depending on how they do at the 24, United and JCDC may run a car at the other NAEC events too.

DPi:
Cadillac x4 (WTR, AXR x2, SOD)
Acura x2 (Penske)
Nissan x2 (ESM)
Mazda x2 (Joest)

LMP2:
Riley x1 (BAR1)
ORECA x4-6 (JDC-Miller x2, CORE x1, Performance Tech x1, Jackie Chan DC x2 for the Rolex and maybe NAEC)
Ligier x2-4 (AFS/PR1 x1, D3+Transformers x1, United Autosports x2 for the Rolex and maybe NAEC)

The only one that's uncertain is the D3+Transformers entry, they've been very quiet for a few months now.

I see Kenny Habul in the 75 car. I hope he does better than when he thought he could road race a Gibbs car. Acura DPI teams look strong, and the Fords in the GTLM would be my favorites. Pulling for the 86 car in GTD just because.

Anybody know if any Roar on-track activity will be streamed?
The PC (LMP3/MPC) race is streaming tomorrow at 1:15 PM Eastern on IMSA.TV/FansChoice.TV, but I think that's it. I was hoping they'd stream the Sunday qualifying that determines pit and garage selection for the 24 but that doesn't look to be the case at the moment.

That, and IMSA Radio/Radio Le Mans will have a one-hour show at 5 PM each of the three days this weekend.

Been watching ROAR T&S and listening to Radio LeMans 2017 recap show this a.m.
Going over the entry list - Nielsen to a Porsche this year may take some getting use to.
DIS twitter has a quick video of the P3 start of practice.
https://twitter.com/DISupdates

Chase Briscoe and Cole Custer 2nd and 3rd in first Conti practice...five Mustangs in the top 9.

If the Roar lineups are what they're running at the end of the month, it'll be Cindric and Briscoe paired together with Custer/Majeski/Maxwell in another.

I know its early , first laps of 2018, blah blah blah, but dang Cadi! 1,2,3,4 and 3 seconds ahead 25 minutes in.
Penske wont stand for this . I hope.

Chase Briscoe and Cole Custer 2nd and 3rd in first Conti practice...five Mustangs in the top 9.

If the Roar lineups are what they're running at the end of the month, it'll be Cindric and Briscoe paired together with Custer/Majeski/Maxwell in another.

In the P class someone mentioned in an interview he thought there may be 15 season regulars this year.
Given the Jackie Chan and the United entries wont be regulars , who are the other 2?

Back
Top Bottom