IMSA 2020

So we have no idea what happened to the #6 Acura?

#77 Mazda got absolutely junked. Big game-changer right before halfway.

#31 Action Express and the #7 Acura have been glued at the hip in the lead battle for hours now, first between Nasr and Rossi and most recently Derani and Taylor.

I haven’t been watching till after the Xfinity race but this is incredible racing.

Sensational stuff. I’m not convinced Taylor and Derani won’t wipe each other out.

Lally did get Townsend for the final podium spot in GTD.

Sensational stuff. I’m not convinced Taylor and Derani won’t wipe each other out.
tenor.gif

Looked like he swung wide to apex and Ricky tried to fit into a space half the size he needed.

I do think Ricky wasn't far enough alongside Derani to make that work, Pipo shouldn't necessarily have to back out or give room there. It is what is though, it felt like the previous few hours were all building up to that so that it was nearly inevitable either way.

Scott Dixon with the ****** golden horseshoe again.
Truly amazing, this guy. Somehow, some way.

Am I talking to myself in this forum?? Get with it, chaps.
Sorry about that, just way too many sporting events to keep track of during that time.

speaking of keeping track of -
what an incredible end to that classic Petit finish. multiclass racing
gets quite chaotic to keep track of during these crazy finishes. This DPi
battle to the finish reminded me of the Peugeot vs. Audi late race battles. This was one
for the ages ! I wish we would get an Indy race here, I think it would be
an incredible show .

She is on the entry list for the Michelin Pilot Challenge race at Laguna next weekend, paired with Seb Priaulx in a Multimatic Mustang GT4. She ran with Briscoe at Daytona, not sure if he’ll get another shot with her at Sebring but it’s the week after the NASCAR season ends so it’s possible.

Crazy to think the duo are likely both out and might win the championship in a few weeks as lame ducks. Idk about Briscoe but I think Renger at least has to find another prototype ride next year, but it’s pretty late to get that news and then start calling up other teams.

Crazy to think the duo are likely both out and might win the championship in a few weeks as lame ducks. Idk about Briscoe but I think Renger at least has to find another prototype ride next year, but it’s pretty late to get that news and then start calling up other teams.
So is Ricky coming back? Curious to see who the other guy might be. Maybe Kamui goes full time?

So is Ricky coming back? Curious to see who the other guy might be. Maybe Kamui goes full time?
Kamui isn't coming back next season, the new Acura ties with WTR pretty much kills that possibility.

Kamui as a third driver for Lexus GTD would be a problem for everyone else though. Ricky and Dane Cameron seem like the most likely outcome driver wise.

Ricky is going to come back since he’s an Honda-contracted driver and it sounds like Filipe Albuquerque will be moving over to run IMSA full-time. Dane Cameron and Rossi were the other two contracted to HPD and Dane is probably going to Meyer Shank, Rossi probably still an endurance driver with one of the two teams. I’d guess Rossi goes to WTR too.

Kamui might try either another Cadillac team or Lexus GTD for Daytona because of his Toyota ties.

Ricky is going to come back since he’s an Honda-contracted driver and it sounds like Filipe Albuquerque will be moving over to run IMSA full-time. Dane Cameron and Rossi were the other two contracted to HPD and Dane is probably going to Meyer Shank, Rossi probably still an endurance driver with one of the two teams. I’d guess Rossi goes to WTR too.

Kamui might try either another Cadillac team or Lexus GTD for Daytona because of his Toyota ties.

Ah damn, yeah I didn't know that about Kamui. I wasn't aware these guys were contracted out like that. Interesting. Albuquerque and Ricky could be really good though.

I caught the end of Petit. I follow this series probably the least of any series out there. I must say they could really benefit from having like 8-10 more teams out there (3-4 more in each class) to make the fields stronger.

I’m a little surprised the fields keep getting smaller lately. It’s been a minute since the Pruett days when I followed.

Last edited:
I caught the end of Petit. I follow this series probably the least of any series out there. I must say they could really benefit from having like 8-10 more teams out there (3-4 more in each class) to make the fields stronger.

I’m a little surprised the fields keep getting smaller lately. It’s been a minute since the Pruett days when I followed.
Fields should be back in the 30s more regularly next year. Back into the 40s for Daytona. The pandemic hit this series pretty hard among the Pro-Am teams and factored into Porsche pulling their factory GT effort. Quality isn’t really lacking in three of the four classes though.

Come 2023 I’ll expect more depth and a more sensical structure. Global rule makers are warming up to the idea that we don’t really need two different sets of technical regulations for top tier GT racing anymore, for instance.

28 entered for the penultimate race, airing after Cup post-race on Sunday.

I’m surprised they kept this race on the calendar at all, would’ve liked to see Barber for once.

Elh5UBTXUAE2KTK

Porsche...:(

Going to miss seeing them out there in GTLM.
Right up there with the C7.R as a favorite to hear in person.

As far as their future plans there have been rumblings they might announce something during their traditional Night of Champions that’s usually in December but I don’t know how that’s working this year. Virtual, presumably.

Back
Top Bottom