IMSA 2020

About this GT convergence man:

They have to pull the trigger now, this is getting out of hand again. Now RLL just wants to do endurance races for 2021, so yes BMW is returning, however of RLL wants to focus on the enduros... I guess Corvette will be racing themselves? Stop kicking the can and just converge the two together.

Bill Lester hits the nail on the head:

Last edited:
I do not see this coming to light, but Scuderia Corsa is considering moving up to GTLM. However, I think Cooper will get his behind handed on a platter. Not to mention, like Risi, Scuderia Corsa will not receive full support from Ferrari. I would like to see Risi and Scuderia Corsa merge for this project to see if both organization can pool resources for two entries for GTLM to at least maintain six entries.

I don't see it happening, but w/e more smoke and mirrors.

I do not see this coming to light, but Scuderia Corsa is considering moving up to GTLM. However, I think Cooper will get his behind handed on a platter. Not to mention, like Risi, Scuderia Corsa will not receive full support from Ferrari. I would like to see Risi and Scuderia Corsa merge for this project to see if both organization can pool resources for two entries for GTLM to at least maintain six entries.

I don't see it happening, but w/e more smoke and mirrors.
They moved up from GTE-Am to GTE-Pro at Le Mans earlier this year so it wouldn’t be unheard of. GTD is supposed to be even more stacked next year so a move up to GTLM could be more valuable. Corvette or BMW falter and you’re looking at potentially being in contention for a class win at the Rolex or Sebring. And the drive time requirements for an Am like Cooper MacNeil change with a class move too.

Give it until 2022 for the GT convergence. The C8.R conversion process is going to take some time and BMW has an M4 GT3 debuting that year so that seems like where things are headed. I would be shocked if things didn’t go GT3 Pro and GT3 Am in 2022 based upon what’s been said and written so far. I believe the next cycle of GT3 regulations were due to begin in 2022 before this GTE fallout started as well.

One positive about this race being postponed so far back is that it actually gets better TV coverage than usual, with the whole 12 Hours being shown on linear TV, including a window on NBC.

Pretty talented field to end the season across a total of 31 cars (8 DPi/4 LMP2/6 GTLM/13 GTD).

EmkW2lVXUAEqQa8

Back
Top Bottom