IMSA 2021

They also say they’ve nearly doubled (+89%) since taking over from FOX after 2018, and the Rolex was the most-watched of any event since Petit Le Mans 2014. That’s surprising to me since the grid was smaller than usual and they didn’t have any of the big domestic names running for overall victory. I’m curious to see now how much more that bounces in 2021 with some guys like Jimmie and Chase involved.

It sounded like TV was the reason they added a qualifying race to the Rolex next month, I thought it was goofy at first but it makes sense if NBC sees value in it.

They also say they’ve nearly doubled (+89%) since taking over from FOX after 2018, and the Rolex was the most-watched of any event since Petit Le Mans 2014. That’s surprising to me since the grid was smaller than usual and they didn’t have any of the big domestic names running for overall victory. I’m curious to see now how much more that bounces in 2021 with some guys like Jimmie and Chase involved.

It sounded like TV was the reason they added a qualifying race to the Rolex next month, I thought it was goofy at first but it makes sense if NBC sees value in it.

Not to mention, the reception for the Track pass for the most part was pretty positive. We give NBC/Comcast a lot of ****, but they took it upon themselves to give a home sports car racing and I honestly enjoy the coverage for IMSA on TV.

Comcast is up across the board in NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA. This is good, this is really good to hear.

Also, I did not know Weathertech makes a slew of products. I'm getting some Cup phones for the family and maybe a dog bowl. I just thought it was all weather mats and car covers.

Man, this is getting too good to be true for the Rolex 24.

Pretty crazy to see international entrants more involved this year despite the pandemic and its numerous effects, very fortunate for that.

Always liked the RTN livery and the TF Aston is just stunning.

Pipo is going to show Chase how to run others of the road in the DPi.

EVG-QkZUUEc1h66.png

Not sure who WeatherTech might be moving up with in this case, but good to see Ed Jones and Ryan Briscoe land something.

Going to look good in 8th to 10th place, that's for sure.
Might not be too bad depending on how Cody Ware is. The engineering is from Eurasia and RWR are mostly logistical help; their biggest issue might be that they’re running a Ligier. It’s a pretty deep field to compete in for sure though.

Might not be too bad depending on how Cody Ware is. The engineering is from Eurasia and RWR are mostly logistical help; their biggest issue might be that they’re running a Ligier. It’s a pretty deep field to compete in for sure though.
We'll see, I've heard of Salih and he's a good shoe from TF Sport. They might be better than expected, but I'm like you I'm looking at the fact they are running a Liger as a disadvantage.

Still good to see RWR giving a full-on effort for this though. I'll be keeping an eye on Austin as well, I hope he gets on well. I would rather seen Reddick IMO, but should be a solid team. All jokes aside.

Not to mention, the reception for the Track pass for the most part was pretty positive. We give NBC/Comcast a lot of ****, but they took it upon themselves to give a home sports car racing and I honestly enjoy the coverage for IMSA on TV.

Comcast is up across the board in NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA. This is good, this is really good to hear.

Also, I did not know Weathertech makes a slew of products. I'm getting some Cup phones for the family and maybe a dog bowl. I just thought it was all weather mats and car covers.
I thought we mostly gave it to NCB over the Gerbils.

Not to knock a series sponsor but the Mazda mats I got for the CX-5 from the dealer were better quality than WT for less money. Mazda owners, if you're looking for mats, definitely start at the dealer's parts dept.

Fwiw I heard today Townsend’s plans should be coming next week. Not sure if it’s necessarily with Lexus/Vasser-Sullivan still or what, but it does seem like he has a drive.

Yes, from that Habsburg family.

Wow.

Talk about a crazy lineage.
Fwiw I heard today Townsend’s plans should be coming next week. Not sure if it’s necessarily with Lexus/Vasser-Sullivan still or what, but it does seem like he has a drive.
Scuderia Corsa could be a possibility as well. He's tight with that group.

What a lineup for Lexus:

This probably makes Kyle Kirkwood and Robert Megennis the Endurance Cup drivers for them. Very good lineups indeed.

Kenny Habul is bringing back SunEnergy1 for at least Daytona after a three-year absence, with two AMG factory aces including the IMSA debut of Raffaele Marciello.

Tim Pappas is reportedly bringing back Black Swan also at least for Daytona after a one-year absence, to include at least one factory Porsche driver.

Defending Rolex 24 and Endurance Cup champions Paul Miller return full-time with an unchanged lineup after cutting back from the full season last year after the pandemic.

This probably makes Kyle Kirkwood and Robert Megennis the Endurance Cup drivers for them. Very good lineups indeed.

Kenny Habul is bringing back SunEnergy1 for at least Daytona after a three-year absence, with two AMG factory aces including the IMSA debut of Raffaele Marciello.

Tim Pappas is reportedly bringing back Black Swan also at least for Daytona after a one-year absence, to include at least one factory Porsche driver.

Defending Rolex 24 and Endurance Cup champions Paul Miller return full-time with an unchanged lineup after cutting back from the full season last year after the pandemic.

I did not buy my ticket yet.

What the **** am I waiting for!? Mercedes is going all out as well and it's cool to see Habul back as well. Hopefully he's had plenty of time to improve his pace.

GTD is outright stacked this season.

Back
Top Bottom