IMSA 2021

Kiante

Team Owner
Gonna be sad to see these guys go. :( Lots of good things coming ahead to more than make up for them, though.

Man, I'm sad about this news. Mazda honestly has zero interest in motorsports anymore, so we'll see who takes comes about to replace them.

Now that the MX-5 Cup is sanctioned by IMSA, that's all Mazda really needs.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Man, I'm sad about this news. Mazda honestly has zero interest in motorsports anymore, so we'll see who takes comes about to replace them.

Now that the MX-5 Cup is sanctioned by IMSA, that's all Mazda really needs.
Yeah, it sounds like they’re sticking to grassroots club level stuff as well as maintaining Global MX-5. I guess that’s their core racing business anyways but it sucks to see after they turned around such a crappy program to a winner and a contender the last two years.

I think we have at least another 2-3 manufacturers announcing they’re coming to the top class in 2023 which would put it at 5-6 after the Acura/Audi/Porsche announcements. Just a matter of time it seems.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Johnson, Pagenaud, and Nasr are listed in the #31 March 3rd and 4th at Sebring on the testing schedule. It seems like AXR are pretty close on confirming the #48 for the three remaining legs of the Endurance Cup.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
This is the LMP3 car Andretti Autosport runs in the Prototype Challenge series. The rules wouldn’t allow Marco to compete at that level, but the team could make the step up to the WeatherTech Championship and see Jarett and Marco share a car.

Top Bottom