IMSA 2021

Feel pretty bad for Turner Motorsports for having at worse a 2nd and quite possibly a win taken from them due to a rare poor mistake by Antonio Garcia. Their title hopes are probably gone now. Pretty hard but fair racing throughout though, VIR showcases these cars really well.

HELLO!?

It's not IMSA, but there will be a *checks notes* a 24 Hours of Sebring next month with GT3/GTX/GT4/991/992/TCR/TCX/TC.

Sounds like absolute madness:
Also OT but the Indy 8 Hours this Sunday has a really good field too. I think the biggest GT3 grid there’s ever been in the States, like 27 cars + 14 GT4.

So, there will be six entries for the GTLM class at Petit Le Mans, WeatherTech Racing will have a second Porsche entry:

Would have been great to see Risi back for this event as well to end the GTLM era.
Will probably have a better shot than the #79 thanks to the all-pro lineup. I wonder if we can get back to 40+ cars for Petit, should be close and I think some other extra entries have already announced.

Looks to be 43 entered for Petit Le Mans next weekend - 7 DPi / 5 LMP2 / 10 LMP3 / 6 GTLM / 15 GTD. Biggest field this season since the Rolex and the biggest Petit (heh) since the first post-merger running back in 2014.

Corvette’s 2024 car will be the Z06 GT3.R. Interestingly, several mentions of a strong customer focus but no confirmation of any continued factory effort from 2024 and beyond. Looks like a mean car though.

Also announced the #3 will run GTD Pro in IMSA next season while the #4 will be the WEC car.

Back
Top Bottom