IMSA 2022

Battle on the Bricks announced for next September, standard 2:40 race with an NBC TV window in 2023 and then becomes an endurance event in 2024 and 2025. Looks to be the first IMS race weekend with infield camping available.

On my 30th birthday weekend!?

I should consider going...

Darn I was hoping they'd go to the oval...

Ferrari 296 and Porsche 911 GT3s dropped over the weekend. Ferrari sports car racing director said he expects five or six them on the grid when it makes its global debut at the Rolex next year.

Detroit has been dropped from the WeatherTech Championship in favor of Le Mans test day and replaced by an MPC GS-class race there. Mid-Ohio also confirmed off in favor of IMS. No confirmations of which series will be added to NASCAR’s Chicago weekend but it does appear to be coming from the various one-make series.

LMP3 is still around next year in the top series, and for the life of me I can’t figure out why.

0BB71AB6-FFB5-432B-9A59-7949DE863C2B.jpeg

Detroit has been dropped from the WeatherTech Championship in favor of Le Mans test day and replaced by an MPC GS-class race there. Mid-Ohio also confirmed off in favor of IMS. No confirmations of which series will be added to NASCAR’s Chicago weekend but it does appear to be coming from the various one-make series.

LMP3 is still around next year in the top series, and for the life of me I can’t figure out why.

View attachment 64389

lol

I'm not sure if I dislike this more or less than Cup's swap of RA for Chicago, but it's pretty close.
I’ve read a lot over the past several months that no one in the series likes going there. Honda does tons of manufacturing in Ohio and even they stopped sponsoring the event this year. Facilities are 40 years old and decayed and in the middle of nowhere, it’s not a place where OEMs and sponsors want to be, so bad not even crew members like going there. MO has a lot of work to do. Stark contrast to IMS in that regard.

A race at Indy running into darkness sounds pretty interesting, hope they schedule it that way in 2024.

I’ve read a lot over the past several months that no one in the series likes going there. Honda does tons of manufacturing in Ohio and even they stopped sponsoring the event this year. Facilities are 40 years old and decayed and in the middle of nowhere, it’s not a place where OEMs and sponsors want to be, so bad not even crew members like going there. MO has a lot of work to do. Stark contrast to IMS in that regard.

A race at Indy running into darkness sounds pretty interesting, hope they schedule it that way in 2024.
Thanks. With the series they host and the apparent turn-outs, you'd think they'd have money to put back into the facility.

And the RA / Chicago swap moves back into first place on the 2023 Dislikes list.

#10 WTR Acura and Ganassi’s #02 Cadillac on the front row at Road America tomorrow, 11:40 AM ET/Peacock with USA picking up at noon. All five classes in attendance and the penultimate race for the prototypes.

#10 WTR Acura and Ganassi’s #02 Cadillac on the front row at Road America tomorrow, 11:40 AM ET/Peacock with USA picking up at noon. All five classes in attendance and the penultimate race for the prototypes.
Going to miss the DPis, they have been such a great impact on IMSA and has honestly been awesome to see them in person so many times over the years.

Hopefully, the GTP series will be just as cost effective as time goes on for the series.

Rain is well on the way, no lightning expected though.

Great start from Bourdais. Best driver in traffic I think.

P2s three-wide up the front straight. 😬

RA - #25 GTD dead on track going into the carousel. Did a computer reset and it refires. Local yellow
Wonder what’s up with BMW and RLL in the Pro class this year. New M4 has been really competitive in customer hands in GTD. I wonder if it isn’t a test mule of sorts.

I don't know what they're doing to the #60 but they have both ends open and are cranking away on it. Last in class and going nowhere so it can't hurt.

Wow, long caution lap at RA means the 60 can take both front and rear wing pieces off and make massive setup changes. Gearing up for wet maybe.

Yellow. Somebody's ... dive plane? ... in the racing line. Everyone's going to need at least one more stop from this point.

Really dicey stuff, I thought Bamber was about to turn Albuquerque for a few moments. Not what the 60 team was looking for on the restart.

NBC doing a nice job with the aerial coverage today. I never realized there was a bluff inside the carousel. Probably a decent view from there.

I'm a little disappointed the new schedule has one fewer race.
They clarified yesterday they intend to go back to Detroit in 2024. Not sure how that works since their stated reason for the move away was Le Mans test day, so maybe Penske plan to move the date in 2024. Dropping Detroit entirely for good doesn’t make much sense to me anyways considering the level of GM investment.

So as long as they add that back and Indy becomes a endurance race in 2024 there should be more racing overall.

Back
Top Bottom