Indianapolis Bonehead

Jeff Burton.

No no wait Goodyear.

No no wait the rain.

No no wait Poole.

No no wait Alan Gustafson.

No no wait DiBurrito

No no wait-

The 9 team smh. Time to get it in gear and win some more races before these guys run off on them. Instead, they're just sloppily closing out these things.

Instead of Goodyear I‘m gonna say teams that tested the boundaries of the tire. How many tire failures were there, 6? Out of 35 cars?

Keep your drivers safe. Heed Goodyear’s suggestions.
Imagine if they had practice. Pretty hard to change camber once the race has started.

I'm going to go with Greg Ives (Alex Bowman's crew chief).

Just before the end of stage two, he has Bowman pit and take only two tires... despite several instances of old tires blowing up at the time.

Despite taking two tires instead of four in order to save time and stay on the lead lap, Bowman fell a lap down.

In the middle of stage three, one of Bowman's older tires blew up.

I'm going to go with Greg Ives (Alex Bowman's crew chief).

Just before the end of stage two, he has Bowman pit and take only two tires... despite several instances of old tires blowing up at the time.

Despite taking two tires instead of four in order to save time and stay on the lead lap, Bowman fell a lap down.

In the middle of stage three, one of Bowman's older tires blew up.

Can't believe I forgot that one. That was pretty bad.

Stopping in front of cars entering the pits.. Dibenedetto?

Getting fed up with late starts that are delayed for what ever reason.
I kind of like it because it puts more pressure on the crew chief and driver to keep up with the changing track as it cools down. But, not at tracks that doesn't have lights. They were really getting close to running out of day light at a couple of races.

If it had been lap 1, I would agree with you. On lap 161, nope.
well yea I see what you are saying. My thought process is it wasnt a move to win the race, bring the car home in one piece with a nice top 10 finish and onto Kentucky. He was just going for one more position at that point in time if I remember correctly.

Throw in another vote for Alan "Shoot his Team in the Foot" Gustafson

You do know they provide information to every team about camber settings and cold air pressures based on baseline setups dont you? If every car in the field blew a tire and tried to knock the wall down I'd say you might have an argument.

I will go with Gabehart.....not because Denny blew a tire, but because Rodney Childers just said on NASCAR Radio that Gabehart sent a pic of the tire to Childers after the race. WTF?

I will go with Gabehart.....not because Denny blew a tire, but because Rodney Childers just said on NASCAR Radio that Gabehart sent a pic of the tire to Childers after the race. WTF?
What was the pic for? Showing a cut or a failure?

Imagine if they had practice. Pretty hard to change camber once the race has started.
If it was bad enough, they could change camber on a caution pitstop and stay lead lap. Loosen two nuts, pull a 1/8" shim out, tighten two nuts.

Assuming they do actually use the shim method to set camber. I'd find it difficult to imagine otherwise.

For nomination - crew chiefs en masse.

Goodyear for the win, and a strong runner up for Burrito

If it was bad enough, they could change camber on a caution pitstop and stay lead lap. Loosen two nuts, pull a 1/8" shim out, tighten two nuts.
Assuming they do actually use the shim method to set camber. I'd find it difficult to imagine otherwise.

One of my regular jobs used to be changing the shims. The bolts are tighter than hell, the space around them is tight, and they are about and inch away from gazillion degree header pipes. I found it easiest to stand inside the wheel well to do it, but that presents its own hazards if you have hot brakes from being on the track. Does the term "chestnuts roasting on a open fire" ring a bell? It's theoretically possible to change them during the race, but you're going to lose some laps, even under caution. The other thing is, without rechecking the alignment numbers, you would be guessing at what you had after a change. Next to pulling and reinstalling spark plugs (on a hot engine) it was probably my LEAST favorite task.

Nobody’s guessing.

The car chief knows exactly what happens numerically when shims are added or subtracted.

Aric Almirola, for trying to push Kenseth past his own teammate on the overtime restart instead of trying to pass him.

Back
Top Bottom