Indy 500 RACE thread

Reminded me a bit of Smokey and the Bandit - when Bandit jumped the creek - except for the landing part :(

I feel like I would rather have a disgruntled youth take a gun to the head momentarily over that noise.

Helio is one fortunate man, that car flew over him and debris could have easily hit him.

Incredible stuff.

That cage is pretty danged strong!

Yeah Pat - it's actually kind of amazing that it held together like it did with what looked like about as bad it could be tested - heck - the engine came off.

Reactions: Pat
Yeah Pat - it's actually kind of amazing that it held together like it did with what looked like about as bad it could be tested - heck - the engine came off.
I hate to think though, if the open part were to hit the edge of the barriers. I'm not versed in those cars, but seems to me they need to close the ****pits.

Dixon had a pretty good shot at winning this race also. But, at least he will have another chance next year. The severity of a lot of the Indy crashes are the main reason I don't really care to see Danica come back to run Indy again.

(Guessing at) Helio's Spotter: "Looking good Helio, wait, huge crash...car flying over the top of you...debris is everywhere...caution is out..great job"

Helio: "what?"

That was one the craziest wrecks I've seen in some time. Incredible shots by the camera crew.

Thank god for the stronger tubs. The ****pit was the only part that stayed intact. Dixon is very, very lucky that car impacted with the rear end first.

A little concerned that Dixon isn't out of the care center yet.

That was one the craziest wrecks I've seen in some time. Incredible shots by the camera crew.

Thank god for the stronger tubs. The ****pit was the only part that stayed intact. Dixon is very, very lucky that car impacted with the rear end first.

I instantly thought of Greg Moore's accident when I saw the incident. The angle seemed similar and not far from the driver side of the car hitting the fencing.

I hate flashbacks like that.

If Dixon's car had rotated just a bit more before it impacted the wall, he probably wouldn't have walked away from the crash.

Reactions: Pat
It is absolutely amazing that Dixon was talking race strategy for his team mate after just going through that.

I'm just catching up to real time......

Question - if anyone knows: in the Dixon crash, did Castronevas drive over debris as he passed under Dixon or did his car just bottom out?

Thank god Dixon is okay, the car did its job. Jay Howard was in the way from the moment the green flag flew

Back
Top Bottom