Indy 500 Race Thread.

Whoda thunk that in NASCAR today theres very little talk about manufacturer advantage and IndyCar has an obvious disparity in horsepower from make to make

Since I watched with my friends, I didn't chat with you during the race. It was pretty unspectacular compared to other Indy 500's in the first 150 laps, but in the last 50 laps the action was great.
I was on my feet for Sato at the end, but a well-deserved win for Pagenaud. Congrats, great evening!

This was a truly remarkable race. The red flag was perfect! It reset the field with the lead lap cars all in one pack and everyone having enough fuel to run flat out. I thought it was over when Rossi took the lead and started to gap Pagenaud. Then Simon got this burst of speed and hauled him back in.

Rossi and Pagenaud were actually the only two guys in the race I did not want to win, but you can't feel bad about the way Simon won it, and you have to give Rossi props for giving it everything. Simon will make a great champion.

Kiaser had a little accident which outside of putting him out of the race wasn't a big deal and thankfully didn't tear the car up too badly.

Bourdais and Rahal caused an almighty shunt, but as many times as I have replayed it I can't figure out if Bourdais didn't leave any room or if Rahal should have let him go. Looks pretty 50/50 to me, but with 15 to go you can't cut anyone any slack. I thought Rahal was pretty composed in the interview, but he sure looked madder when he got out of the car.

Delighted that Sato was in the fight. At 42 he's having a career season and I am sure he will get another win, maybe Pocono.

Power and Helio screwed themselves. This is at least the second time I remember Power killing himself with a pit penalty. You justr can't have those here if you want to win. Helio did not run well enough to justify occupying a Penske seat next year, especially with as many new young studs as we have coming into the series. Still, racing for Penske in IMSA is probably a pretty good gig.

Santino Ferruci had a surprisingly good race and while I am not sure where he finished, he's probably the fav for rookie of the year.

Is it just me being critical, or did they absolutely bomb us with commercials? Seems like we got maybe 25 laps of racing.

Whoda thunk that in NASCAR today theres very little talk about manufacturer advantage and IndyCar has an obvious disparity in horsepower from make to make

Who would have believed Chevy would be a better motor than Honda?

I don't really follow IndyCar, but does Marco Andretti just suck?

I don't want to write him off because he usually runs well at Indy, but his could be the career that never turns the corner. He hasn't won a race in..... what, 10 years or so? I like the guy, but something really big is missing.

And welcome to the Senior PG... change channel to Monaco replay.

Why? Monaco was a waste the first time.

Back
Top Bottom