IndyCar: 2020 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

I would never, ever actually support a playoffs system in racing. That said, the way Dixon has backed into this championship with one ultra-conservative midpack run after another is possibly the best argument for one.

I retract. He isn't just sitting in 8th place.

Shouldn't they have a backup safety car ready to go? This is a bit embarrassing.

Dixon has to have the most championships when it comes to IndyCar right?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Hints why I said Indycar.

Those are a different series.

Statistically I believe since the end of the split all stats are combined

Statistically I believe since the end of the split all stats are combined
It's ridiculous that they combined stats from two different racing series. Might as well add stats from Indy Lights as well.

Well that’s sad.

It's ridiculous that they combined stats from two different racing series. Might as well add stats from Indy Lights as well.

I disagree. The biggest thing modern IndyCar has going for it is the historical legacy of American open wheel racing, which has been sanctioned by numerous entities through the decades. The common denominator is that it all revolves around Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

It would detract from the perceived importance of what an IndyCar championship means to separate the ones sanctioned by USAC, CART, IRL etc.

I disagree. The biggest thing modern IndyCar has going for it is the historical legacy of American open wheel racing, which has been sanctioned by numerous entities through the decades. The common denominator is that it all revolves around Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

It would detract from the perceived importance of what an IndyCar championship means to separate the ones sanctioned by USAC, CART, IRL etc.

It just seems stupid to me. It’s the same type of car but a totally different series.

It just seems stupid to me. It’s the same type of car but a totally different series.

If you choose to view them as simply the national championship of American open wheel, or "Indy car", racing it may help to make more sense in the same way as there have been different methods and selectors in determining college football's national champion.

American sports car history make even less sense so it's not all that bad outside of the dozen or so years of the Split.

If you choose to view them as simply the national championship of American open wheel, or "Indy car", racing it may help to make more sense in the same way as there have been different methods and selectors in determining college football's national champion.

American sports car history make even less sense so it's not all that bad outside of the dozen or so years of the Split.

All I wanted to know tho was under the NAME of the series if he’s got the most. I guess since all I was told is AJ Foyt has 7, then Dixon has the most with what I’m asking. Idc about the overall open wheel history in my question.

All I wanted to know tho was under the NAME of the series if he’s got the most. I guess since all I was told is AJ Foyt has 7, then Dixon has the most with what I’m asking. Idc about the overall open wheel history in my question.

Yeah, it would be Dixon with six and then Dario with four.

I would never, ever actually support a playoffs system in racing. That said, the way Dixon has backed into this championship with one ultra-conservative midpack run after another is possibly the best argument for one.
So you think it was their plan to qualify poorly the last few races and have more of a risk of trouble in those races? You do remember how he started the season, right? I'd hardly say he "backed into it" but rather hung on to it through adversity.

Congrats to our 2020 champion, Scott Dixon.

So you think it was their plan to qualify poorly the last few races and have more of a risk of trouble in those races? You do remember how he started the season, right? I'd hardly say he "backed into it" but rather hung on to it through adversity.

Congrats to our 2020 champion, Scott Dixon.

I tried to make it clear that the post wasn't overly serious, and I retracted the remark later when it became clear he wasn't coasting. The larger point is that this sort of thing (running 8th-10th down the stretch up until today) leads to the demand for a contrived finale.

Dixon is a deserving champion and the best there is currently. His longevity is also remarkable.

I tried to make it clear that the post wasn't overly serious, and I retracted the remark later when it became clear he wasn't coasting. The larger point is that this sort of thing (running 8th-10th down the stretch up until today) leads to the demand for a contrived finale.

Dixon is a deserving champion and the best there is currently. His longevity is also remarkable.
Got it and I agree about Dixie.

Back
Top Bottom