IndyCar: 2020 Genesys 300

Wow.

This kid is either win or crash. Good lord.

Good send though.

Not every race is going to be a barn burner :idunno:

Oh I know that but Texas used to have that wide open crazy pack racing. Looks like that VHT is absolutely brutal for IndyCar because they can’t go up there at all

WAIT----They still allow lapped cars to be in the way of leaders late in races here?

ffs

WAIT----They still allow lapped cars to be in the way of leaders late in races here?

ffs
I’m thinking they messed up because they were in such a rush to restart at all, as the rule is that lapped cars are moved to the rear inside of 15 to go.

I’m thinking they messed up because they were in such a rush to restart at all, as the rule is that lapped cars are moved to the rear inside of 15 to go.
I don’t know if this is accurate but I saw they opted not to because NBC wanted to be sure they fit the end in the TV window. LOL

Not a warm reception about Rinus from Ed...

Again, **** Carpenter. lol

Did he forget he used to wreck cars on a weekly basis as a rookie? I know this because I have recently been watching old replays of old indycar races. This guy was a menace in the red bull car.

Ed runs five or six races a year and while he’s often quick, he’s also good for at least a crash a season. Some of these Road to Indy guys get jumped on too hard right away for screwing up when they hit the big league. Everyone knew ahead of time VeeKay’s forte wouldn’t be ovals.

Because Texas had leftover goop on the track that made it almost unraceable
Yeah I don’t think Kentucky was screwed up anywhere close to what Texas was by their repave. A tri-oval is more conducive to passing than a quad-oval too.

That and Cincinnati is a top 10 TV market for IndyCar so it’d be one of the more likely ovals to pan out.

I got home late last night and watched my DVR recording of the race.

It was alright, but not amazing like it used to be (I believe I'm remembering 2017).

I don't know if TMS' new banking ruined the racing, or the new asphalt surface simply needs to age, or the sticky stuff that helps NASCAR hurts IndyCar, or IndyCar has a different aero package now than it did a few years ago... but what I saw last night wasn't as good as what I saw in 2017. TMS and IndyCar need to take a look into what made the racing so good a few years ago and try to recreate that.

Read elsewhere that the pitboxes were loaded up and everyone was headed HOME by like 9:30.

Kinda makes you wonder why the racing was semi-lackluster. Get it in and race home.

Oh well still stoked to see them back.

Yeah I don’t think Kentucky was screwed up anywhere close to what Texas was by their repave. A tri-oval is more conducive to passing than a quad-oval too.

That and Cincinnati is a top 10 TV market for IndyCar so it’d be one of the more likely ovals to pan out.

Why are you talking about a repave? They didn't clear the traction compound off and that caused it to act almost like oil on the track

Why are you talking about a repave? They didn't clear the traction compound off and that caused it to act almost like oil on the track
There’s no more than two car widths consistently usable at Texas post-repave regardless of which series runs there. They widened the track and subsequently there’s never been less room to use at the place. The PJ1 application and scrub just exacerbated an already big problem.

Qualifying speeds are the same whatever the configuration is/was. Dixon has won 4 times in 21 starts. Led 157 out of 200 laps...old age and experience smoked em. He won in 15 with almost 8 seconds ahead, around 4 seconds in 18 and 20. If he didn't crash, he has finished top 5 since 2008

Back
Top Bottom