IndyCar: 2020 Iowa 250s

That could of been much worse

Rinus and Colton are extremely fortunate.

We don't need another Wickens situation. I love racing, but **** like that makes me age a couple of years at a time.

Penske cars are on another level this weekend. I don't think anyone's catching Simon.

Of course Dixon managed to parlay staying out later than most before that first caution into a Top 5.

Penske cars are on another level this weekend. I don't think anyone's catching Simon.

The booth is maintaining he definitely has to pit. I suppose he could be hoping for another 20 laps of caution and maybe that would change things.

I'll need to review the race again to understand why Newgarden got so screwed up by that caution.

Dixon is coasting through the corners. Huge lift offs.

The booth is maintaining he definitely has to pit. I suppose he could be hoping for another 20 laps of caution and maybe that would change things.

I'll need to review the race again to understand why Newgarden got so screwed up by that caution.
The timing and scoring got screwed up by them coming down pit road during that caution where they had to clean up Herta and VeeKay, but I'm pretty sure he was trapped a lap down when the first caution came out because some of the leaders like O'Ward and Askew didn't pit so he couldn't be waved around.

Dixon getting lapped by JoNew on raw pace. You love to see it.

hqdefault.jpg

The NBC crew needs to learn to admit they have no clue who needs to pit and who doesn't. Weird but suspenseful race. I would say the double caution event marred the results.

Jinxed that one for sure.

Mike Hull doesn't get enough credit for being the GOAT strategist. Dixon wins almost every single strategy call. 18th-place car finishing on the podium is what the difference is for Dixon in these points battles.

The NBC crew needs to learn to admit they have no clue who needs to pit and who doesn't. Weird but suspenseful race. I would say the double caution event marred the results.

Bad habit these guys at the booth have. I guess it's because they used to be drivers but Paul Tracy for instance drives me crazy with inputs about how these drivers should be driving, when to pit, etc.

Bit of a backseat driver.

Jinxed that one for sure.

Mike Hull doesn't get enough credit for being the GOAT strategist. Dixon wins almost every single strategy call. 18th-place car finishing on the podium is what the difference is for Dixon in these points battles.

His real name is John Titor!

I'm pretty sure Pato is 3rd in the championship right now. It's amazing how McLaren went from absolute laughing stock to one of the most likable teams on both sides of the pond in such a short period of time. It started pretty ugly but Zak Brown has done a good job righting the ship.

Pagenaud starting last again with Dixon 18th and Rossi 21st tomorrow will be fun.

McLaren has certainly stepped up this year. Delighted to see it. I figured since McLaren was nowhere last year it would take some time to be competitive with such inexperienced drivers. Looks like they are now a genuine threat to win every week. Glad to see them doing so well in F1 too.

Poor Will Power had a really unlucky crash. He would have probably gotten hurt without the Aero screen. Along with the other accident the Aero screen really proved it's worth tonight. No one was complaining about the heat, so hopefully the new cooling vents did their job. All that's left to see is how the Aero Screen performs in the rain.

Just like last year at Gateway, Dixon was nowhere and got lapped early but drove back into contention without anyone even noticing until it was too late. Dixon had an almost invisible race. You rarely even saw him and they didn't talk about him much either. Then when the race is winding down he's in a position to win! Damm, that was some serious stealth.

Right now it looks like at least half the field could win on any given weekend. This is competitive as I've ever seen IndyCar. Can you imagine what the Indianapolis 500 field is going to be like with these guys in it?

Conor will be getting interest from big teams again before long if he keeps this up. Great speed so far in midpack cars, especially on ovals.

Conor will be getting interest from big teams again before long if he keeps this up. Great speed so far in midpack cars, especially on ovals.
If he can only translate this type of speed and consistency on the road course, he would be great addition to Carlin. Possibly a second car, if he can attain more sponsorship.

Hinch is like the Tony Romo of racing commentary, he breaks it down before we even realize the move is made.

His mind works so quickly.

It’s impossible for me to get on Marco this year with how bad his year has been. Hasn’t finished on the lead lap once this year

Back
Top Bottom