IndyCar: 2021 Grand Prix of Alabama

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
1618577993257.png

Schedule could be a little better, but I’m glad we’re on track to return to Laguna, Portland, and Long Beach. Nashville should be an interesting new venue. I don’t think it’s outlandish to say this is perhaps the strongest grid since the CART days. Indy Lights has a talent backlog from the cancelled 2020 and looks the best it has in several years, and shouldn’t be a Kyle Kirkwood runaway like it would’ve been last year.

Barber is supposed to be super quick this weekend since it was repaved in 2020.

This is the one race I have really been looking forward to.
Did not do a lot of thinking about my fantasy picks and went with
New, Page, and Gro.

Not a good start for Felix:

And spun again in qualifying. And Zak is in attendance this weekend...

Qualifying was pretty intense. Jimmie beat Kellett in round 1, group 1 and won’t start last. Power bumped Grosjean from the Fast Six at the last second in the second round. CGR were a bit of a surprise with both Palou and Ericsson joining Dixon in the Fast Six. Pato got his second career pole.

Unfortunate. Basically a roll of the dice for an escape for everyone around.

I was going to wait an hour or so to zap the commercials, but now i gotta see what happened!

Mclaughlin is getting on with the program.

His pace is solid and he's settling in nicely. Big difference in pace from his first race in St. Pete last year.

Rosenqvist getting back out there after taking flight is a testament to how well-built Dallara's chassis are.

Palou is setting best laps now.

Back
Top Bottom