IndyCar at Iowa

In 2007 it was still the IRL with guys like Will Power, Wilson, Servia, Bourdais, etc all in CART while the IRL had 17 full time cars. 2 of those 17 full time cars were Marty Roth and Milka Duno two drivers that ran embarrassingly slow. And other full time drives included AJ Foyt IV and Roger Yasukawa who were pretty big embarrassments themselvs.

Yep. Danica was a 10th place driver in a series that only had 10 competitive cars. :laugh:

She's always been about a 10th place driver in IndyCar. She had a couple of really strong runs in 2007 when Andretti was dominant but she never was able to string together a win. Honestly, she made A LOT of mistakes that year that took her out of contention for possible wins. Honestly, she was a backmarker after the merger. She was able to string together some good runs - usually because of strategy. But after 2007, aside from her fluke Motegi win, she was never really a competitor. And when she was running good in 2007, her teammates were winning races left and right.

Please tell me how it was a fluke? This was while the whole Indy Car/Cart merger was going on so EVERYONE she's been racing for years was in the race correct? Only people not in it was the Cart Drivers who was back in the States at Long Beach, so please go on and tell me how it was fluke win when she beat the same people she had raced the season before? Cause if you remember, which you being Andy I doubt you do, the race in Japan was for drivers in the 2007 season of Indy Car and the Indy teams for the season who didn't come from Cart.

I'll wait for your answer.

Please tell me how it was a fluke? This was while the whole Indy Car/Cart merger was going on so EVERYONE she's been racing for years was in the race correct? Only people not in it was the Cart Drivers who was back in the States at Long Beach, so please go on and tell me how it was fluke win when she beat the same people she had raced the season before? Cause if you remember, which you being Andy I doubt you do, the race in Japan was for drivers in the 2007 season of Indy Car and the Indy teams for the season who didn't come from Cart.

It was a fluke win because she won on fuel mileage when the top seven cars ran out. She was never able to duplicate that win. I call that a fluke win.

Finally got to sit down and watch the recording. Pretty good racing throughout. It would've been interesting to see what RHR could have done towards the end if he didn't get slowed by Simona and Vautier for a few laps. Congrats to Hinch, and there's a really great championship battle setting up.

You'll have to forgive Andy. Once he decides to hate someone, he won't quit, regardless of how lame or one sided his hatred is. That, and apparently Danica beat him up and took his lunch money once, and he hasn't gotten over it.

It was a fluke win because she won on fuel mileage when the top seven cars ran out. She was never able to duplicate that win. I call that a fluke win.

Fuel Mileage is part of the game man, the say way when people win in the rain, you have to play it smart sometimes to win, almost every win has some sort of strategy behind it.

Fuel Mileage is part of the game man, the say way when people win in the rain, you have to play it smart sometimes to win, almost every win has some sort of strategy behind it.

The definition of a fluke win is when a rare result happens as the result of sheer, dumb luck. Danica's sole win in IndyCar falls under that very definition. It was a one time result that happened because the stars aligned in a way that allowed for that one time result ... and it was never duplicated.

The definition of a fluke win is when a rare result happens as the result of sheer, dumb luck. Danica's sole win in IndyCar falls under that very definition. It was a one time result that happened because the stars aligned in a way that allowed for that one time result ... and it was never duplicated.

Let's look at this objectively.

Driver X was in IndyCar. He had 117 starts with an average finish of 10.7 (in a field typically with 20-25 cars) and 1 win.

Then, Driver X went to Nationwide and in 60 races, had 0 wins and an average finish of 21.21 (in a field with 43 cars) and 0 wins.

Then, Driver X goes to Sprint Cup and in 26 races, has 0 wins and an average finish of 26.8.

Would you think Driver X is a good driver?

Driver X is, of course, Danica Patrick.

I don't have the borderline misogynistic hate that some people have for her, but she is a medicore race car driver who doesn't warrant the media, sponsor and fan attention she gets.

I thought Brad Keselowski said it best. They asked him at Daytona what he thought about women drivers in NASCAR. He said, "When Danica (Patrick) gets in the car, I don't think, 'Oh there's that girl.' I think, 'Oh, there's that 30th-place driver.'"

In my humble opinion, everybody who lines up to play white knight and defend Danica Patrick is just as stupid as everybody who hates her because she's a woman in a man's sport. Considering this forum has an aversion to drivers who come from wealthy families (aka dada's money), I can just imagine what all these message board white knights would think if Danica Patrick was born Dan Menard or Dan Childress and was getting a full ride and plenty of chances because of her last name instead of the fact she was a hot woman.

Let's look at this objectively.

Driver X was in IndyCar. He had 117 starts with an average finish of 10.7 (in a field typically with 20-25 cars) and 1 win.

Then, Driver X went to Nationwide and in 60 races, had 0 wins and an average finish of 21.21 (in a field with 43 cars) and 0 wins.

Then, Driver X goes to Sprint Cup and in 26 races, has 0 wins and an average finish of 26.8.

Would you think Driver X is a good driver?

Driver X is, of course, Danica Patrick.

I don't have the borderline misogynistic hate that some people have for her, but she is a medicore race car driver who doesn't warrant the media, sponsor and fan attention she gets.

I thought Brad Keselowski said it best. They asked him at Daytona what he thought about women drivers in NASCAR. He said, "When Danica (Patrick) gets in the car, I don't think, 'Oh there's that girl.' I think, 'Oh, there's that 30th-place driver.'"

In my humble opinion, everybody who lines up to play white knight and defend Danica Patrick is just as stupid as everybody who hates her because she's a woman in a man's sport. Considering this forum has an aversion to drivers who come from wealthy families (aka dada's money), I can just imagine what all these message board white knights would think if Danica Patrick was born Dan Menard or Dan Childress and was getting a full ride and plenty of chances because of her last name instead of the fact she was a hot woman.

Get those damn pesky facts out of here. You make it sound like Danica Patrick's a mediocre driver. We all know she's one of the best drivers in racing history.

Get those damn pesky facts out of here. You make it sound like Danica Patrick's a mediocre driver. We all know she's one of the best drivers in racing history.
Yes, you love to say how everyone says "she's the best ever" when they come to her defense. Not even remotely true. Conversely, however, you sure do like to go with the "she's the worst ever" side of things. :rolleyes:

It probably won't change anybodies opinion Kevin, but I agree. How long will it go on is anybodies guess after the novelty wears off.

Back
Top Bottom