IndyCar Final at California (Pre-Race Thread)

I don't know how you can go from fastest in practice to dead last without conspiracy.

California's not a good venue for the finale. Either that or they're ending the season way too early.

ISC and IndyCar need to bury this hatchet and get back to racing so we can have races at Watkins Glen, Richmond, Homestead, Chicago and Michigan again.
The condensed schedule probably was partially responsible for the ratings increase but it makes scheduling pretty tough. Houston may have fit into a longer season.

There's been a serious accident at California involving Mikhail Aleshin who is being rushed to the hospital. There's no word on his condition.

Marty Snider on Twitter  Here's the catch fence. http   t.co YgGYND49zg.png

Here' a video of Aleshin's crash:

Edit: Removed line, not quite the same on second thought...

Nasty wreck. He already had Montoya land on his head back at Toronto - how much **** can this guy go through?

Here' a video of Aleshin's crash:

Edit: Removed line, not quite the same on second thought...

Dang... Reminds me of Kenny Brack at TMS...

Charlie kimball took a hard hit too.

East Coast? (I'm new here, don't ask) Anyway, I don't think need to change the final venue as draw out the season another two or three weeks. Fontana in mid-September is much cooler than it is in late August, and I assume the heat is why they're starting so late.
Hey!! A new guy? Well, welcome aboard. It's nice to hear from you.

I just saw a promo on NBC Sports Network -- coverage starts Saturday night at 9pm. I love Auto Club Speedway but the series needs a different venue for the finale, mainly because that's just too late to drop the green flag on the season finale. That race won't end until after midnight.
After midnight? Are you kidding me?? Then what the heck am I doing up at 3:30 a.m. ?
I guess working 30 years of shift work does that to a guy, right?
:D

I've really warmed up to Josef. Bright young American driver.
Me, too! He really seems to be a really nice young man. I think that is one of the reasons I have an interest in Indycar. I hardly ever hear about the participants having a lot of problems off the track. Most of the time, the guys seem to be a pretty classy bunch. I really enjoy the sport, the races, the history and everything involved.

California's not a good venue for the finale. Either that or they're ending the season way too early.

ISC and IndyCar need to bury this hatchet and get back to racing so we can have races at Watkins Glen, Richmond, Homestead, Chicago and Michigan again.
Oh yeah!! Watkins Glen!! There's a place with some history. And I could see myself hopping up to Chicago to see a race. Good point!!

Aleshin update: fractured ribs, broken right clavicle, concussion and chest injuries. He's listed in serious but stable condition.

I hope he can return to action next year.

Aleshin update: fractured ribs, broken right clavicle, concussion and chest injuries. He's listed in serious but stable condition.

I hope he can return to action next year.
I think he's on the F1 track but I wouldn't mind a few more seasons of him in IndyCar.

I don't know how you can go from fastest in practice to dead last without conspiracy.
I'm not convinced there isn't some kind of sandbagging going on with some of the teams. I was at all practices and qualifying at the Milwaukee Mile. The Penske cars were ass slow in practice, got a little faster towards the end of P2. Then, qualifying and race, they blow everybody away.

Helio to win it finally.

Will better pray he be on point tomorrow because if he wets the bed tomorrow, it will be four years in a row he ****s up at the last moment.

IMO Will Power is a huge choke artist, the pure dominance he displays during the season to throw it all away at the last moment. He's won more than Helio the past couple of years, at least Helio is consistent until the end of the season.

Good for Will Power. A long time coming.

Back
Top Bottom