IndyCar: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Such a flawless race for Bourdais. Congrats.

Race was quite dull though.

Just realized Juan Pablo is not in the field today.

How does Sato outlives someone like Montoya in this series? It sucks, what a shame.

Sato has Panasonic money and Honda engines come at a discount.

If he finishes like this every week, he will be fine. Michael is not a fan of wrecked cars.

Such a flawless race for Bourdais. Congrats.

Race was quite dull though.
TV can never do racing justice. I don't know if the video feed on ABC was the same we were getting on the video boards at the track but if they were there's always something to be missed. I'm still wondering how RHR got around Sato in the last section.
Sato has Panasonic money and Honda engines come at a discount.

If he finishes like this every week, he will be fine. Michael is not a fan of wrecked cars.
He wrecked in practice earlier in the weekend so he checked off both boxes lol. Sato gonna Sato.

Chevy is on notice, imo. HPD are showing huge gains already and I don't know where they came from.

Bourdais used to drive for Chevy as well as Ganassi cars. Now, they are with Honda.
I'm wondering if Bourdais and CGR really brought over a bunch of brilliant setup info or if HPD made some sort of engine gains this offseason. The narrative last year was that Chevy had the better road course/street circuit/short oval aero while Honda had better superspeedway aero. With aero frozen that should still remain the same. But Honda were a lot quicker at the speed traps as noted here: http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138777-indycar-saturday-notebook-from-st-petersburg

I think that points to some engine gains being made but I'm not sure what all was open for development there.

Wait...there was an Indycar race this past weekend? Unfortunately, I've said that way too often during the past few years. Oh how far this series has fallen.

Back
Top Bottom