IndyCar: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
DbLTiz_X4AA7xYq.jpg

I didn't care for Barber at first, but this has really become one of my favs quickly.

A narrow, physical, and quite fast flowing track with these new cars. I cannot wait to watch it.
It's been pretty good the last few years, especially for more of a motorcycle course. I might enjoy it more for IndyCar than any other roady besides Road America.

A ton of incidents on Friday, supposedly caused somewhat by the winds...not sure how much I believe that, but in any case, the weather forecast for Sunday doesn't look good so they better get used to it.

Spent the whole day at Barber yesterday focusing on attending the autograph sessions. I mean
for just $20 bucks for the day and free parking, how do you beat that? Its fun watching fans
interact with the drivers. Well , most of the time. Not fun seeing someone take a selfie with
each and every driver , sign 2 or 3 things, and tell them family stories when there is a very long line.
Conor Daly and Josef Newgarden together gave a very good Q&A session on stage at the fan zone.
It was funny listening to them talk about them playing each other in online gaming. Sounds like
Daly was better than Newgarden at the shoot em up games but New was better than Daly on the driving
games.

Rain in the forecast for Sunday, could be interesting.

Its fun watching fans
interact with the drivers. Well , most of the time. Not fun seeing someone take a selfie with
each and every driver , sign 2 or 3 things, and tell them family stories when there is a very long line.
LOL I know that scene.

Have fun dude, I'd love to drive up but the weather looks nasty for a drive that long and I have a doctor appointment Monday morning. I need to get up there for the race someday.

This one is not restarting today.

NHL then.

Was it just me, or did they start the race during the pre-race show? The TV guide said it would start at 3:30, but I turned it on at 3:17 and they were already on lap four.

Kimball with the big whine of the race.

Kimbal is always wrecking someone, so maybe he could just drink a big can of STFU, and then STFU. Jones isn't even sure if he touched him, so who knows if maybe Charlie was just screwing up again. Bad conditions, zero visibility, you can almost expect that kind of accident to happen, but Charlie will wreck people
even under a blue sky.

Power says he's the most dangerous driver in the series. Rahal says Kinbal drove him off the straight at Road America, and Juan Montoya says that nobody likes racing Charlie Kimbal. I can't even count the times Charlie has taken someone out, including championship contenders late in the season.

It's too bad because it seems like he's a decent guy, but if he keeps up like this he's going to cause some serious problems, especially when they get to places like Indy and Pocono.

Blames the guy for making dumb moves and should know not to do that but goes on to say you cant see out there.

Considering Charlie's record of taking other people out, it was world class whine of the first magnitude. It's like "it's ok, but only when I do it." Sorry to say, but the guy is a dangerous clown.

Special Note: Race resumes on NBC sports tomorrow (Monday) at 11:30 AM

They moved the start time up 30 minutes for the weather today, that is why it was on during the pre race show.

Why do they have a 2 hour time limit? Just an hour and 15 minutes and it will be over today, coorect?

Pretty boring race.

Indycar Lets Penske run a train on everybody on a weekly basis in this series.

Pretty boring race.

Indycar Lets Penske run a train on everybody on a weekly basis in this series.

For the longest time, it was Ganassi, and the series showed blatant favoritism to Ganassi.

Alabama usually is boring. One of the few races in IndyCar I don't like.

Back
Top Bottom