IndyCar Shell/Pennzoil GP of Houston doubleheader

They just said as many as 15 people with possible injuries

I know the fans know there's danger when they go to a race, but it's the worse thing in racing when it becomes reality. I hope they're all okay, same with Dario. Scary looking accident.

Just finished this race. Very scary. I hope all these spectators are alright and Dario can recover ASAP.

Very concerned about the fans though..

Just got around to watching the whole race, and the latest reports say that Franchitti has two broken vertebrae, a broken ankle, and a concussion, in spite of what Chip said during the broadcast. You have to wonder if Dario will now seek safer ways to make a living. He's had his share of close calls in open-wheel in the past, one reason he left to go stock car racing (with Ashley's encouragement, no doubt).

In Robin's pit lane interview before the race, Penske was gushing about how great this race and track are. I wonder if he feels the same after seeing the rough conditions knock the gearbox off of his championship-leading car?

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Dario and all the fans who were injured in the crash.

The race was fantastic IMO. Do love the short, bumpy, technical racetracks.

I hate street courses. Crappy pavement, no runoff, and few places to pass.

The race was fantastic IMO. Do love the short, bumpy, technical racetracks.
Some of them can put on very entertaining races, but it does seem like there are too many areas with poor safety and no or little runoff. And with other issues like parts of the courses coming up, train tracks, bumps, etc., I wonder how much longer they're going to pad the schedule with these races.

Back
Top Bottom