Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

gnomesayin

Team Owner
On SHR podcast, Stewart on no Eldora truck race: NASCAR didn't take us off the schedule..We just didn't renew our contract :idunno:

"I didn't get fired, I quit!"

Seriously though, I believe him. Fox seemed happy to have the Eldora race and there was no reason for NASCAR to pull it. Eldora has huge plans for 2021 with two King's Royals, two late model Dreams, and other bigger paying shows. They probably want to focus on all of that.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Stewart did say on his podcast that Nascar wasn't happy at all with the new racing series. :biggrin: I didn't think they would be. He said something interesting though. When he did the IROC the one thing he would change would be the ability to tune the car more to his liking instead of run what the gave you. So they get to tune the car for their driving styles in the new series.

Old Kid

Crew Chief
Contributor
Brilliant move by Tony (I'm not being sarcastic).

The Trucks got his track mainstream attention and the fans will be begging NASCAR for Eldora to return to the schedule. A Cup race there is now increasingly likely in a few years
I'd like to hope that's the case. I've noticed that seems to be a minority opinion around here though.

Top Bottom