Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I think Waltrip's comment was about how much horsepower do you need and they way it is now it's back ass backwards to what makes for good common sense. Of course there will be some that there will never be enough horsepower, some that think 750 for all races, and some it will be a package problem. To me it doesn't make any sense to have more horsepower whatever the rating is for a short track compared to a large track that is designed for much higher speeds.

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
Huh 750 isn't enough
Danny_Dietrich_2-1536x1022-1.jpg

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
It's a bit strange. Why would Speedway Motorsports need a full time employee, looks like a pretty high up employee, to be on site full time at the Circuit of America track? Speedway Motorsports has only leased the track for one Nascar race next year. Makes me wonder if Speedway is looking to buy and they have their guy down there watching over things.

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Because SMI is in charge of essentially everything, I'd assume. This is a relatively common practice at the grassroots level. A promoter rents a track and the track provides some of their internal guys but that's about it. SMI has to sell the tickets, procure the vendors, may/may not be providing the track safety team, setup the fan areas- all that stuff. Essentially it's "here's the key, lock it up when you're done".

I highly doubt SMI will be buying COTA. That's an insane amount of money. It's a brand new, state-of-the-art track. It's tough to compare because there's nothing else like it in the United States. Tracks built for F1 are just at another level entirely sooooo far beyond what many would consider "premier" tracks in the US like Road America, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Sebring, etc. And they'd HAVE to keep the F1 race profitable to survive if they owned COTA. That means dealing with people not in the NASCAR bubble SMI has built their wealth on.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
125$ for a three day ticket that covers it all is a pretty good deal to see all three series of racing there

TICKETS:
Fans can purchase a May 21-23 three-day weekend general admission pass starting at $99 and a three-day reserved seat starting at $125 for all practice, qualifying and race events online at www.NASCARatCOTA.com. LIMITED TIME ONLY --- fans can save an additional 20 percent on adult weekend package purchases through Dec. 1. Fans can also purchase NASCAR at COTA or NASCAR All-Star Race tickets by calling the Texas Motor Speedway ticket office at 833-450-2864.

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
125$ for a three day ticket that covers it all is a pretty good deal to see all three series of racing there

TICKETS:
Fans can purchase a May 21-23 three-day weekend general admission pass starting at $99 and a three-day reserved seat starting at $125 for all practice, qualifying and race events online at www.NASCARatCOTA.com. LIMITED TIME ONLY --- fans can save an additional 20 percent on adult weekend package purchases through Dec. 1. Fans can also purchase NASCAR at COTA or NASCAR All-Star Race tickets by calling the Texas Motor Speedway ticket office at 833-450-2864.

Comparable to the $160 for a 4 day ticket to Road America that I spent

wi_racefan

Team Owner
Just saw that the trucks are not anticipated to be going back to Eldora for 2021. Guess the dirt Bristol race probably finished that one off

Top Bottom