Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

The imagery with 4K cameras will be fantastic. The celebrities in town for the superbowl who will have PR interviews for the race will catch eyes.

I’m still curious of the actual audience. I hope they let USC students attend the race in their normal student sections used during football season. Although I’d still imagine that the audience that attends Fontana will fill most of the stadium.

If you google “nascar la coliseum” the entire first page is all NASCAR and other motorsports media, along with local California channels picking the story up. It’s not like the football audience NASCAR is hoping to attract is seeing this story en mass. That’s already a PR loss for reach.
Maybe Fleetwood Mac will do a pre race concert, playing "Tusk" with the USC Band...

poor feller, he's ate up with it. Tell ya what, when it comes to agreeing with your opinion and agreeing with Nascar's I got to go with Nascar's every time. I think they would have been gone a long time ago listening to your opinions. Jus sayin.
All I can tell you is that the NASCAR that I generally agreed with (Bill France Jr. era) became (arguably) the second most popular sport in the country. Where is the NASCAR that I generally disagree with? Answer: More empty than full grandstands, on a third tier cable network that will be gone in a few months, no household name stars, drivers earning a fraction of what they made a decade ago, merchandising business in the toilet, a series can't sign a single title sponsor for a decent amount, almost no cars having one primary sponsor because it's not worth the cost, shall I go on? The BEST thing you can say about NASCAR the last couple of years is that they have finally stopped SOME of the hemorrhaging of interest in the sport, but there have been no real gains to speak of in a LONG time. Why would I want to side with that?

I'm pretty sure if they had a race at Wembley there would be a few jacks grousing about the sacred grass being destroyed for motor cahrs

All I can tell you is that the NASCAR that I generally agreed with (Bill France Jr. era) became (arguably) the second most popular sport in the country. Where is the NASCAR that I generally disagree with? Answer: More empty than full grandstands, on a third tier cable network that will be gone in a few months, no household name stars, drivers earning a fraction of what they made a decade ago, merchandising business in the toilet, a series can't sign a single title sponsor for a decent amount, almost no cars having one primary sponsor because it's not worth the cost, shall I go on? The BEST thing you can say about NASCAR the last couple of years is that they have finally stopped SOME of the hemorrhaging of interest in the sport, but there have been no real gains to speak of in a LONG time. Why would I want to side with that?
I just want to purchase that blue HendrickCars.com hat by New Era that Kyle Larson wears all the time and I cant find it anywhere. Really Frustrating.

no man ya can't really tell anybody anything when a person lives in the past and uses those experiences (many pretty twisted) they had 25 years ago to dictate the future and what it takes for success. It's a much different world when ya look around instead of burying your head in the sand and the nostalgia dream world of what was. .

what is the point?
Exactly WHO are we trying to impress with this stunt?
The point is to attract the television audience. TV is what pays the bills. That was demonstrated last year when everyone made money racing in front of empty grandstands.

It's a exhibition race, not the championship-deciding race at the end of the season. Like the All-Star race, who gives a crap where they run it or how much it doesn't cost anyone here?

1) Why did we stop racing in these venues in the first place?

2) Why not just dump all the real racetracks and become a stadium series? It would likely be far cheaper than supporting these big speedways and owning all of that property.

3) Are there ANY of these venues that could honestly support a full field of cars and and a proper pit road? If not, then what is the point?

4) What is the actual end game? Anyone remember all of those trips to Australia and Japan NASCAR teams made? What became of any of that? Answer: Not a damn thing.

5) When we have more good race tracks than we have race dates to give out, why are we wasting precious opportunities on non racetrack venues?

6) How much full body stock car racing have most of you actually watched on tracks 3/8" of a mile and smaller? To each his own, but I personally find it a much less than a compelling product.
Dude, it's just one race that doesn't even really matter that much lol. Like, it's an Exhibition Race. Like are they actual real tracks that would be great, sure, but that doesn't change that this race could be good, sure it could be bad also. I'm not going to judge it, until I see it. If it was a points paying race I would say yeah this isn't a good idea. But it's not, so I'll wait to watch.

This is gonna sound off the wall, but if the LA coliseum works as a NASCAR venue, could we see a racetrack with NASCAR that has a roof? I mean I thought that Dovers CEO talked about putting a roof over that thing...

This is gonna sound off the wall, but if the LA coliseum works as a NASCAR venue, could we see a racetrack with NASCAR that has a roof? I mean I thought that Dovers CEO talked about putting a roof over that thing...
Marcus Smith mentioned the idea for Bristol, no way Dover has the budget for a project like that.

Wonder what kind of walls they will have in the stadium or any kind of safer barriers etc given that it's all likely temporary.

What happened to all the talk about a possible cup race at the fairgrounds in Nashville? A couple or 3 years ago they said maybe 2021 with the new cars but then covid hit... Up until earlier this year there was some talk about it possibly happening next year I thought? A race at the Nashville Speedway and the Fairgrounds both in the same year?

What happened to all the talk about a possible cup race at the fairgrounds in Nashville? A couple or 3 years ago they said maybe 2021 with the new cars but then covid hit... Up until earlier this year there was some talk about it possibly happening next year I thought? A race at the Nashville Speedway and the Fairgrounds both in the same year?
I believe Marcus Smith said it wasn't happening next year

I believe Marcus Smith said it wasn't happening next year
I always thought 2023 was the date for some reason. I haven’t seen but have renovations begun at FGS in preparation for first green flag waved at a Cup race?

You know, the Coliseum is an interesting--if not a little weird--idea, but the issue with LA is the same issue with Fontana. There is so much **** to do there, that it is a big ask to capture the attention of that region for anything. The problem is still the problem. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

How long until NASCAR just follows the NFL around from Superbowl venue to Superbowl venue for each Clash race?

1631886666844.jpeg

uh, about the only thing similar that I can see is that the two will have race cars there. :cool:
"the Clash will be open to all teams, and heats will set the field"

Sounds like the All Star to me. I'm wondering if both races have outlived their value, but I haven't see the TV numbers for either one.

Back
Top Bottom