Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I guess I'm the only one here who liked the carousel.
The carousel on camera looks great, however with the ability of the new car makes the chute more interesting.

Also, as stated previously its better from a fan perspective to watch the race. I would not mind them switching it up every few years, like a two on the chute and two on the carousel. Kind of keeps thing interesting.

It looked pretty good on paper, but it was pretty much single file around the curves. I think the chute is better.

1641863813975.png

I guess I'm the only one here who liked the carousel.
I like the carousel. Getting off that turn launched the cars into the hairpin in 7 for passing. Interesting piece of track. Not sure why they go back to the configuration that was better for the old car. The new car should have had a chance at the carousel configuration. Doesn't make sense....but it will still be good.

I like the carousel. Getting off that turn launched the cars into the hairpin in 7 for passing. Interesting piece of track. Not sure why they go back to the configuration that was better for the old car. The new car should have had a chance at the carousel configuration. Doesn't make sense....but it will still be good.

Makes plenty of sense. The Carosel blocks a lot of the view for spectators, especially Turn 7. And there was more passing and short track type bumping.

Makes plenty of sense. The Carosel blocks a lot of the view for spectators, especially Turn 7. And there was more passing and short track type bumping.
I think that the Turn 7 grandstands was the big issue....Watching the cars come out of the carousel and steam into 7 was great however for those in the Main Grandstands.

I think that the Turn 7 grandstands was the big issue....Watching the cars come out of the carousel and steam into 7 was great however for those in the Main Grandstands.

The Carousel wasn’t bad, but I think the sightlines are A LOT better with the chute

Are there complaints about the carousel and sightlines from the IndyCar audiences?

Aren't the sightlines at most twisties poor compared to an oval? Daytona and Charlotte excepted. I guess I've just accepted that you'll only see part of the race.

Are there complaints about the carousel and sightlines from the IndyCar audiences?

Aren't the sightlines at most twisties poor compared to an oval? Daytona and Charlotte excepted. I guess I've just accepted that you'll only see part of the race.

No. The sightlines are piss poor with the Carousel in the Esses, Turn 7 & they have to close off a grandstand.

No. The sightlines are piss poor with the Carousel in the Esses, Turn 7 & they have to close off a grandstand.
huh? why would they close off the grandstand in turn 7 for any configuration? Looks like they will lose the save mart family area.

1642106275561.png

Sure looks like E, F, G are pretty close to that. And it looks like on TV and in person that they were empty meanwhile every other grandstand had people but that’s seat counting lol.

I was replying to Charlie Spencer? I really don’t get what you’re arguing here

When did IndyCar ever run the Chute to begin with? Why is IndyCar relevant here?
The point is "they" don't close off a grandstand. Not in turn 7 or the imaginary turn 4 one

The point is "they" don't close off a grandstand. Not in turn 7 or the imaginary turn 4 one

I’m not sure where you read that I said they posted they did close Turn 7. And it sure as hell looks like the very end of the Rob Brown Grandstand is very close to the entry of turn 4, but go on. Guess ticket sales were hurting badly in 2019 because no one was in them.

Yeah, like I said before....I think they were losing a lot of the customer experience in 7.....unfortunate, however for the Main Grandstand ticket holders. They also had the Carousel viewing area, but apparently that wasn't enough. Regardless, I would think that the Carousel would be a great test for the new car.

I’m not sure where you read that I said they posted they did close Turn 7. And it sure as hell looks like the very end of the Rob Brown Grandstand is very close to the entry of turn 4, but go on. Guess ticket sales were hurting badly in 2019 because no one was in them.
You have a point here really. The Carousel takes away tickets. The Chute brings them back. Simple.

Yeah, like I said before....I think they were losing a lot of the customer experience in 7.....unfortunate, however for the Main Grandstand ticket holders. They also had the Carousel viewing area, but apparently that wasn't enough. Regardless, I would think that the Carousel would be a great test for the new car.

The Carousel “Save Mart Family Area” infield spot was a cool viewing spot, but for some reason they didn’t even sell tickets or have anybody sit in Turn 4 in 2019 and Turn 7 was also greatly obstructed which is one of the best spots to see the whole Chute course (aside from the Esses) at the whole track.

That’s the one thing I really like about Sonoma, especially the Chute, was you could see 70-85% of the track. Everyone loves road course racing but at a lot of tracks you can’t really follow a lot of it.

And people are on Twitter are complaining about the LA Coliseum..

They don't realize that NASCAR HAS to do this right? The average age of the fanbase is 58. Sponsors don't want 58 year old people, they want 18-34.

What is NASCAR supposed to do? Accept that their core fanbase is literally dying off?

They don't realize that NASCAR HAS to do this right? The average age of the fanbase is 58. Sponsors don't want 58 year old people, they want 18-34.

What is NASCAR supposed to do? Accept that their core fanbase is literally dying off?
What are they complaining about?

Hopefully it works this time. Last time it was a failure. Didn't really attract new fans and ended up driving away the existing ones.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The Carousel “Save Mart Family Area” infield spot was a cool viewing spot, but for some reason they didn’t even sell tickets or have anybody sit in Turn 4 in 2019 and Turn 7 was also greatly obstructed which is one of the best spots to see the whole Chute course (aside from the Esses) at the whole track.

That’s the one thing I really like about Sonoma, especially the Chute, was you could see 70-85% of the track. Everyone loves road course racing but at a lot of tracks you can’t really follow a lot of it.
Well said. Sonoma is fabulous. I like the Grandstand for the shade and convenience. Even that viewpoint gives me the exit to 7, the S's, and into 10.

I myself havent seen any complaints, maybe I'm not searching in the right places. I'm not in the 18-34 range anymore but I nonetheless am excited more so about the idea of racing in the Coliseum than the actual race itself. I think if the race itself is a success, I can see NASCAR racing in NFL Stadiums 1-2 times a year which is a cool optic. I hope the race itself is good though.

Harvick brought up a good idea yesterday. Saying we should use the Clash to improve infrastructure at racetracks around the country. Instead of spending millions building a track, just to rip it back out why not use that money to improve our existing tracks and support the short tracks?

I guess he makes a good point. We could improve what we already have and use it to benefit the future. Now what tracks you do this to? I have no clue

huh? why would they close off the grandstand in turn 7 for any configuration? Looks like they will lose the save mart family area.

View attachment 60193
7 with the Carousel is not 7 without it....hard to see/understand in the diagram. 7a is where so much happens, and with the Carousel, you can kind of see how that is just at the tail end of the 7 grandstands.

Harvick brought up a good idea yesterday. Saying we should use the Clash to improve infrastructure at racetracks around the country. Instead of spending millions building a track, just to rip it back out why not use that money to improve our existing tracks and support the short tracks?

I guess he makes a good point. We could improve what we already have and use it to benefit the future. Now what tracks you do this to? I have no clue

Because how many short tracks are in the center of LA? Romantic idea, but that's not what the target is....and that isn't going to get the target demographic...How many viewers will you get at Bowman-Gray?

The whole idea is improve the infrastructure and then you have a place capable of taking the Xfinity and trucks to.

2 different ways of getting new fans to nascar. Throw a bunch of money at a "target demographic" or get in at the local level and try to get some homegrown fans. Guess we'll see if the LA experiment works

Back
Top Bottom