Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

This looks bad ass

I think this would be fun and is within reach without having to break the bank beyond what the state is providing.
Smith noted the “real possibility” of bringing a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event. “We specifically - and I’ll thank Marcus Lemonis, the CEO of Camping World for his voice of support - we specifically think it’s a real possibility to bring back NASCAR and the Camping World Truck Series to North Wilkesboro Speedway,” he said. “Those races are nationally televised events, and it’s a national NASCAR touring series. We have a number of those (races) in our portfolio, and I would love to see one of those here.”

Wallet sweats neverously

What a time. Hopefully, Rockingham gets some needed love as well. This is what its all about, hopefully fans will respond though because that's how we keep these places open.
I’ve been saving money to go since middle of last year. I’m incredibly excited, this is the one track I’ve always wanted to go to since I became a fan. I can’t pin point why… I guess it’s I’ve enjoyed the races there I’ve seen on YouTube, from memories watching on TV with my dad and the curiosity of it being abandoned. I’ll be there for first NASCAR race back. And note to it’s PAVED in those pictures, I’m glad it’s not gonna be dirt

I’ve been saving money to go since middle of last year. I’m incredibly excited, this is the one track I’ve always wanted to go to since I became a fan. I can’t pin point why… I guess it’s I’ve enjoyed the races there I’ve seen on YouTube, from memories watching on TV with my dad and the curiosity of it being abandoned. I’ll be there for first NASCAR race back. And note to it’s PAVED in those pictures, I’m glad it’s not gonna be dirt

Hell yeah dude, I'll be there too if (when) it happens!

Wallet sweats neverously

What a time. Hopefully, Rockingham gets some needed love as well. This is what its all about, hopefully fans will respond though because that's how we keep these places open.
I just worry what tracks lose races because of this. 36 with two exhibitions seems like a firm number

The only people that need thanked are the NC legislature. There was zero evidence of any 'vision to restore' on SMI's part until someone else came up with the cash.

Well I’m not surprised they’re even thinking about this

I personally would like to see the stadium partner with SMI as the All-Star race and make Speedweeks great again lol. I miss the ARCA + Clash/Shootout race on Saturday Night.

Imagine the tempers for the Clash stadium race with a million on the line. Partner with SMI so they don’t lose a race for it.

I don’t…even know what to say ha ha. You’re one of a kind, and I mean that in the most flattering of ways possible. But this is what I meant ha ha https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=salty&amp=true
Nah, this doesn't upset me. I just believe the only 'vision to restore' the Smiths' have had for NW for the last 25 years has been to replace the padlocks on the gates when they get too rusty. Any claims by Marcus are a steaming pile with peas and corn.

Does anyone here think otherwise, that SMI has long been planning this revival for 2022 and it's just coincidence that stimulus money happens to have been allocated now?

Nah, this doesn't upset me. I just believe the only 'vision to restore' the Smiths' have had for NW for the last 25 years has been to replace the padlocks on the gates when they get too rusty. Any claims by Marcus are a steaming pile with peas and corn.

Does anyone here think otherwise, that SMI has long been planning this revival for 2022 and it's just coincidence that stimulus money happens to have been allocated now?
I don’t think you’re wrong that stimulus money was indeed the catalyst to get the ball rolling. The Smiths left that place to rot for a quarter century and I haven’t seen just how much SMI is contributing themselves not that I care, but I’m curious to see the state vs SMI contribution. But a revival is going to happen, I’ll take it however way I can.

So, if they do an international stadium race, like in the UK, do they run the track the opposite direction and turn right? lol

Martinsville Spring Race to be 400 laps​

JANUARY 27, 2022 AT 2:25 PM

Martinsville Speedway’s spring NASCAR Cup Series race will now be the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400. As the first full regular season NASCAR Cup Series race at night, the laps have been adjusted to 400 to accommodate its start time at Martinsville Speedway. The stages will now be 80/180/400 for the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400 at Martinsville Speedway. The fall penultimate NASCAR Cup Series Playoff race, Xfinity 500, will remain 500 laps at Martinsville Speedway. To download the new Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400 logo, click here.
With this being Martinsville Speedway’s 75th Anniversary season, the first and only 400-lap NASCAR Cup Series race at the track was the Old Dominion 400 won by Jack Smith on Oct. 28, 1956.
— Martinsville Speedway — WTH? the ticket price just went up 20%! I call BS!

Martinsville Spring Race to be 400 laps​

JANUARY 27, 2022 AT 2:25 PM

Martinsville Speedway’s spring NASCAR Cup Series race will now be the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400. As the first full regular season NASCAR Cup Series race at night, the laps have been adjusted to 400 to accommodate its start time at Martinsville Speedway. The stages will now be 80/180/400 for the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400 at Martinsville Speedway. The fall penultimate NASCAR Cup Series Playoff race, Xfinity 500, will remain 500 laps at Martinsville Speedway. To download the new Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400 logo, click here.
With this being Martinsville Speedway’s 75th Anniversary season, the first and only 400-lap NASCAR Cup Series race at the track was the Old Dominion 400 won by Jack Smith on Oct. 28, 1956.
— Martinsville Speedway — WTH? the ticket price just went up 20%! I call BS!
Just when everything was trending positive..... then this bull$hit comes out! If your Candy a$$ cant handle 100 extra laps then stay home. If I bought a ticket prior to this I would ask for my money back. This is ridiculous.

*Shrugs*

I like how the Spring race is 400 laps and the fall is still 500. Not the end of the world, but I'm curious as to why Martinsville was selected. Atlanta's spring race is still 500 miles, I would have preferred to see it trimmed to 400 miles.

*Shrugs*

I like how the Spring race is 400 laps and the fall is still 500. Not the end of the world, but I'm curious as to why Martinsville was selected. Atlanta's spring race is still 500 miles, I would have preferred to see it trimmed to 400 miles.
Not the end of the world, just the end to more of our tradition. I can see Atlanta or Texas or something similar but keep your hands off of the short tracks.

Well I’m not surprised they’re even thinking about this

I have no doubt that significant California sports enthusiasts will turn out for the first NASCAR race at the venue but how long will it remain on their "list of things to do again."

As the first full regular season NASCAR Cup Series race at night, the laps have been adjusted to 400 to accommodate its start time at Martinsville Speedway.
400 laps at night < 500 laps, day or night.

Hey, how about adjusting the start time instead? I know, TV.

I have no doubt that significant California sports enthusiasts will turn out for the first NASCAR race at the venue but how long will it remain on their "list of things to do again."
This is part of why I question the long-term value of bringing in all the sideshow acts. Will people come back to watch the racing without all the other stuff?

I know, you can't make fans of them if they're not there at all. We know TV generates the big money for NASCAR, the tracks, and what trickles down to the teams. Will folks attending this race start watching on TV regularly and buying merchandise and going to Auto Club? Will the attendees become race fans that follow the sport regardless of what else is going on at the track?

I guess some marketing guru in Daytona thinks so. To me, it looks like the 'Monster Lifestyle' again.

Back
Top Bottom