Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

And hopefully also for the set-up and tear-down days.
Iirc they set up everything overnight to be less invasive in the buildup to the race weekend. Not sure how much effect that had on the businesses or if they got something for that as well.

I think there were also two hotels inside the course where they rented out each room.

How do we know how much money we’re talking about?

Quick answer ... we don’t.

Dealing with politicians sucks. Look at Nashville and now Chicago. I do believe Nascar has a three year contract with Chicago so there is that.

Elected Chicago officials and city management signed a contract with NASCAR.

The Alderpersons can make noise ... that’s about it. Politics as usual.

Nothing about TV money. Sure sounds more and more like the city is getting hoodwinked by Lori in this one.

Chicago isn't getting hoodwinked by Lori as much as Lori got hoodwinked by fast talkin' NASCAR officials.

She seems to have forgotten the local political adage.

"We don't want nobody that nobody sent."

Chicago isn't getting hoodwinked by Lori as much as Lori got hoodwinked by fast talkin' NASCAR officials.

She seems to have forgotten the local political adage.

"We don't want nobody that nobody sent."
Forgive Lori for being distracted, she’s about to lose the Bears and had a too little too late renderings done of a refurbished Soldier Field

I'm planning on going to the CARS Tour race.

Wonder what the crowd will look like when Dale Jr races.
If this venture turns out to be viable, I cant wait until that place is 100% up and running, its going to be a really cool venue to view a race at. New suites, media center, and maybe some other fan amenities it could really help regain the prestige of short track racing in the south IMO

I volunteered as a school bus driver years ago... thought I would add some excitement to the kiddies lives. Saw at the last minute a 10 foot section of the bridge was out but managed to accelerate from about 37 MPH to 45 MPH before hitting the warning curbs just before the void. Bus bounced in the air and made the ten feet....unfortunately the driveshaft fell out when we hit. The school said that I was not allowed near their buses again. Do not understand, only a few of the kids were crying, most were high five each other. Must be the marginalized take precedence over the majority.

So, where can I park my motorhome for this "street" race in Chicago? At Elkhart Lake(Road America) I can see almost half the track from the roof.

If NASCAR wants to reconfigure one of the cookie cutters into a short track, California just seems like such a weird choice. Who was asking for this? Do the folks in Fontana and surrounding areas really want to see it become a short track? Was the attendance that poor? I always thought California was one of the best 1.5's on the schedule.

I sound like a broken record, but Texas should have been the pick.

If NASCAR wants to reconfigure one of the cookie cutters into a short track, California just seems like such a weird choice. Who was asking for this? Do the folks in Fontana and surrounding areas really want to see it become a short track? Was the attendance that poor? I always thought California was one of the best 1.5's on the schedule.

It's even better when they race on the 2 mile one.

NASCAR doesn't own Texas, SMI does. Remember, the last time SMI reconfigured a 1.5er, we wound up with Atlanta. :mad:

Yeah, I can't keep track between what's ISC (NASCAR) or SMI. I guess that's relevant, though. Idk, I just hate Texas.

Still, I'm curious to know what California hopes to gain from this reconfiguration. No way it'll be cheap.

The land around the track is extremely valuable. Smaller footprint track=smaller footprint of the property. Sell/lease out unneeded parcels of land.

Remember the track also used to host 2 NASCAR weekends a year+Indycar/CART. For most of it's existence it had 2 sometimes 3 race weekends a year. Now it's down to one and the operating costs just to have that massive facility (taxes, maintenance, etc) in urban California must be huge... if you could get rid of some of that expense that's a huge win.

The land around the track is extremely valuable. Smaller footprint track=smaller footprint of the property. Sell/lease out unneeded parcels of land.

Remember the track also used to host 2 NASCAR weekends a year+Indycar/CART. For most of it's existence it had 2 sometimes 3 race weekends a year. Now it's down to one and the operating costs just to have that massive facility (taxes, maintenance, etc) in urban California must be huge... if you could get rid of some of that expense that's a huge win.
She has become a bit of an albatross.

The stands are taken apart, sold and used somewhere else. That two milers days are numbered. It is a dollar and cents move. California is stupid high on taxes for real estate and Nascar isn't in business to lose money is the bottom line. It's one of the reasons so many tracks have disappeared. At least this one will continue to exist in some form in the future.

Elected Chicago officials and city management signed a contract with NASCAR.

The Alderpersons can make noise ... that’s about it. Politics as usual.
Nascar
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom