Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

It sucks now, it sucked how it used to be. It has sucked from day one IMO.
I don’t agree. They had lots of good high and low line racing after 2000 when Dale Jr won until 2016 when they repaved.

The first few years at Texas was a nightmare as well.

Texas needs fixed or the grooves to widen out but if they redo it back to it was people will bitch and complain about the new repave again too.
IndyCar finally found a way to make it good for them again this year. Idk what NASCAR needs to do to make that happen for them as well but the ASR was brutally bad. These cars race well side-by-side with relatively less sideforce now, if there’s a lane available. They just don’t have that back at Texas yet.

IndyCar finally found a way to make it good for them again this year. Idk what NASCAR needs to do to make that happen for them as well but the ASR was brutally bad. These cars race well side-by-side with relatively less sideforce now, if there’s a lane available. They just don’t have that back at Texas yet.
Based on one race lol

Let's try one more time ...

NASCAR doesn't own Texas, SMI does. SMI is the one that will make any decisions regarding changes to the configuration, not NASCAR.

As long as SMI keeps applying for Texas race dates, NASCAR will continue to schedule races at the track. Theoretically NASCAR could refuse to accept an application but practically, that's not happening. Accepting SMI's applications lets NASCAR avoid lawsuits for being a monopoly.

Based on one race lol
Texas has been panned since it was reconfigured five years ago and hasn’t widened out much, if it all.

NASCAR doesn't own Texas, SMI does. SMI is the one that will make any decisions regarding changes to the configuration, not NASCAR.

As long as SMI keeps applying for Texas race dates, NASCAR will continue to schedule races at the track. Theoretically NASCAR could refuse to accept an application but practically, that's not happening. Accepting SMI's applications lets NASCAR avoid lawsuits for being a monopoly.
I doubt SMI and NASCAR don’t consult each other on this stuff. It’s NASCAR’s show. If SMI wanted to run a Rallycross layout somewhere I don’t think NASCAR is just going to rock up one weekend and do it. And NASCAR does track application of PJ1/VHT.

Texas has been panned since it was reconfigured five years ago and hasn’t widened out much, if it all.

I doubt SMI and NASCAR don’t consult each other on this stuff. It’s NASCAR’s show. If SMI wanted to run a Rallycross layout somewhere I don’t think NASCAR is just going to rock up one weekend and do it. And NASCAR does track application of PJ1/VHT.
What NASCAR won't run the Stadium Super Trucks Course at Bristol???

Like I said one race and an All Star one at that lol. Less skilled drivers from Indycar have problems with it and their aero dependant cars but it races fine for Nascar.

The opposite has happened. SMI has three Texas races.

It's a function of population or over population some would say considering the land was a pollution superfund wasteland site when Penske bought it and converted it into a race track. Time passes and it is more economical to partial it out instead of paying all the taxes and overhead.
There’s uncontaminated vacant real estate all around ACS. This has nothing to do with the value of ACS real estate. This is all about NASCAR greed and their attempt to increase the fanbase.
It isn’t working.

Like I said one race and an All Star one at that lol. Less skilled drivers from Indycar have problems with it and their aero dependant cars but it races fine for Nascar.
It races fine according to who? It got a whopping 11% in the good race poll. It hasn’t cracked 70% since it got reconfigured. Idk what you’re even talking about wrt to IndyCar. Skill issue, what problems? They actually finally had a good race there for the first time since the repave this year.

There’s uncontaminated vacant real estate all around ACS. This has nothing to do with the value of ACS real estate. This is all about NASCAR greed and their attempt to increase the fanbase.
It isn’t working.

pay attention. That is what the property was. An abandoned Kieser steel mill when Penske bought it.

The California Speedway was a Kaiser Steel Mill superfund site and the area below the pit buildings, built by Oltmans, has an environmental barrier condition.

pay attention. That is what the property was. An abandoned Kieser steel mill when Penske bought it.

The California Speedway was a Kaiser Steel Mill superfund site and the area below the pit buildings, built by Oltmans, has an environmental barrier condition.
Yes, I’m aware. I’ve been attending since ‘97. I know the geography around the track.
What was the last year you were at the track?
I think the correct spelling is “Kaiser.”

It races fine according to who? It got a whopping 11% in the good race poll. It hasn’t cracked 70% since it got reconfigured. Idk what you’re even talking about wrt to IndyCar. Skill issue, what problems? They actually finally had a good race there for the first time since the repave this year.
over and over. Attendance and ratings are as good or better than most of the tracks Nascar races at. Just because the majority of the nego's here don't like it means nothing but yapping

Yes, I’m aware. I’ve been attending since ‘97. I know the geography around the track.
What was the last year you were at the track?
What you said was this. It makes little sense except to yourself.
It isn’t working.

It isn’t working.

I didn’t go to Auto Club this year but looked like they sold quite a few tickets at the 2 mile oval. I don’t see what’s so great about Fontucky real estate next to the track either but I’m sure someone does.

I didn’t go to Auto Club this year but looked like they sold quite a few tickets at the 2 mile oval. I don’t see what’s so great about Fontucky real estate next to the track either but I’m sure someone does.
It isn’t about the value of the venue. There’s too much vacant property surrounding the track for that to be true. Out of state people think they know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When was the last time you were at the track? You obviously have no clue of the nearby geography.
I've delivered to that area more times than you have been to that track not that it matters at all to what I was saying. It makes about as much sense as asking you how much Nascar pays for property taxes, utilities, and upkeep.

I've delivered to that area more times than you have been to that track not that it matters at all to what I was saying. It makes about as much sense as asking you how much Nascar pays for property taxes, utilities, and upkeep.
I didn’t ask anything about property taxes, utilities and upkeep, genius.
I doubt you’ve been to the track in the past decade. I doubt you’ve been out of the trailer park in the last decade.
You know zero about the area surrounding the track.
This is about increasing revenue; it’s all NASCAR dreams about.

I didn’t ask anything about property taxes, utilities and upkeep, genius.
I doubt you’ve been to the track in the past decade. I doubt you’ve been out of the trailer park in the last decade.
You know zero about the area surrounding the track.
This is about increasing revenue; it’s all NASCAR dreams about.
good deal knock yourself out lol

over and over. Attendance and ratings are as good or better than most of the tracks Nascar races at. Just because the majority of the nego's here don't like it means nothing but yapping

If the attendance and ratings are acceptable despite the track providing a lackluster race year after year, just imagine how good the ratings/attendance will be if the racing there improves.

It's not just R-F. Go look at reddit, Gluck's polls, or virtually every form of NASCAR social media and see what the general majority of fans say about Texas. It is universally believed to be the worst track on the schedule.

If the attendance and ratings are acceptable despite the track providing a lackluster race year after year, just imagine how good the ratings/attendance will be if the racing there improves.

It's not just R-F. Go look at reddit, Gluck's polls, or virtually every form of NASCAR social media and see what the general majority of fans say about Texas. It is universally believed to be the worst track on the schedule.
ya see that is your opinion. As has been pointed out, IF it is that bad, the ratings and attendance would show that but it doesn't

ya see that is your opinion. As has been pointed out, IF it is that bad, the ratings and attendance would show that but it doesn't

It's an opinion I share with a ton of other fans. That's the whole point.

The NY Giants are a really bad football team with really good attendance. Does that mean they should just accept being a bad team and not try and get better? I'll ask again, was Caddyshack 2 a good movie? Because 10 million people saw it opening weekend.....

It's an opinion I share with a ton of other fans. That's the whole point.

The NY Giants are a really bad football team with really good attendance. Does that mean they should just accept being a bad team and not try and get better? I'll ask again, was Caddyshack 2 a good movie? Because 10 million people saw it opening weekend.....

I have no idea, I don't follow stick and ball, and have never seen caddyshack 2. This is a racing site and a racing topic. I have a feeling that the powers that be pay a whole lot more attention to their bottom lines than they do about the "tons" of fans as you say. Jus bidness,

Texas doesn’t care about the racing surface much, they care about those condos.

What’s wrong with watching the race in the condos? What’s so strange about it?
That's a very strange reply since that's not what you stated previously. You said they don't care much about the racing, they care about the condos. Nothing about watching a race in the condos. In all of the criticism of TMS, I have never once heard they care more about the condos than the racing surface, so I was curious to learn about your example/perspective.

Now I understand your previous response...normally I don't pay much attention to people's posting habits, but now that I am spending a little more time here, some posters do stand out.

Does your brother want to sit and watch a race in a condo?

Yep, the whole family would love to go to Texas. Great hospitality options, the racing surface comment could be taken the wrong way I guess but people act like I’m the only one critical of the racing, I’ve also said that Texas 2017 and a few other races post repave there were good.

Yep, the whole family would love to go to Texas. Great hospitality options, the racing surface comment could be taken the wrong way I guess but people act like I’m the only one critical of the racing, I’ve also said that Texas 2017 and a few other races post repave there were good.
I’m just messing I saw an opportunity to make an ill timed joke and took it. Probably wasn’t funny but I chuckled, I needed a laugh today. I don’t care this much about Texas, I think the track will always be around due to the size of the DFW market and fans will either have to take that week off from watching or DVR to skip forward. I also have advocated that if NASCAR one day does decide rotate the championship race Texas should be on that rotation due to the market size and amenities of the track, it does look like a nice facility to watch a race from. Wouldn’t mind attending one myself, grandstands or condo ha ha.

People love to bash Texas and the on track product but I bet the fans every year are fairly pleased with the hospitality options. I hope the IndyCar race does well.

Back
Top Bottom