Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

NBC has only worked towards ending the season sooner, and neither FOX nor NBC liked midweek events and doubleheaders, so I wonder who’s pushing to expand the schedule. Last week Adam Stern reported NASCAR is evaluating selling a part of the 2025 media rights to a streaming partner, so I wonder if this could be a package like Amazon Prime Thursday Night Football.

While I’m spitballing, I wonder if NASCAR’s response to teams wanting a larger revenue split hasn’t been to ask more of them, whether it be more races, more access, or more promotion/activation.

36 is a good number for Cup. I'd be fine with 30. 40 plus races is a bit too much I believe because even though I'd be fine with more racing but I look at the human element of it in terms of mechanics, crews, and folks within the industry. 40 might be a tall task for those ladies and gents. Plus the offseason always leaves me wanting more, so I think there wont be a factor of fan burnout either with their current number.

Maybe an announcement of when tickets are going on sale? I have the hotel room........just not tickets yet.

They are expanding to 30,000 with 6k temporary seats. Should have had 35,000 seats and lowered ticket prices a bit.
Perhaps 5,000 seats easily accessible seats can be added without incurring additional site prep expense.

It’s easy to just snap your fingers.

Lol.

Track upgrades ain't cheap, my guy.

A single standing room ticket to a World Series game here in Philly was going for $1300 on Sunday and probably more now.

So does the $299 tickets get you in for Cup, CARS Tour and Trucks? If so that’s not a bad deal really, and rumor on the Twitter machine is Jr is racing the CARS Tour race that week

They can charge what they want.

These days my live racing budget is
being switched to streaming fees and home
viewing gear. The patience for track
traffic jams and walking miles to seats
has deminished.

Lol.

Where did anyone get the idea a family of four was supposed to be able to afford this? Take your kids to a Truck or X race somewhere else; they won't know the difference, they'll see more wrecks, and you won't be out as much money if you have to take them home early.

There's a lot of entertainment a family of four can't afford, both in and out of sports. Priced Disney admission lately?

I wonder what the lower series tickets will run. I suspect if you can afford the NASCAR ticket, and food and lodging for several days, that CARS tickets won't be a deal breaker.
I'm not sure but I would imagine it would be in line with what other Cars Tour Tracks ticket prices would be. Florence is charging $30.00 for the Charlie Powell Memorial 400 or a weekend ticket for $40.00

The $299 gets you all NASCAR events Fri-Sun. No Cars Tour included
Ah okay. That’s still not THAT bad, you get two races plus practices and qualifying. It’s a little more than what I expected but not the worst. People are somehow already getting tickets, I’m going to be clenched until November 2nd

They can charge what they want.

These days my live racing budget is
being switched to streaming fees and home
viewing gear. The patience for track
traffic jams and walking miles to seats
has deminished.
Actually there with ya and that applies to all live events honestly. I want my own food, bathroom, couch and no traffic. After years of having season tickets to Chicago Bears, Bulls and Chicago Fire while also trying to attend 1-2 nascar races a year, I’m about done with the live event experience. Must be my advancing age to 40 as I don’t have the patience I once had for these things. But this All Star Deal is a once in a life time event with the first race back at Wilkesboro in over 25 years, I gotta try to at least go to this. There’s not many bucket list events I have left for racing...just a Daytona 500, Indy 500( probably will never go, too many people for me) Southern 500 and Martinsville Race left.

Actually there with ya and that applies to all live events honestly. I want my own food, bathroom, couch and no traffic. After years of having season tickets to Chicago Bears, Bulls and Chicago Fire while also trying to attend 1-2 nascar races a year, I’m about done with the live event experience. Must be my advancing age to 40 as I don’t have the patience I once had for these things. But this All Star Deal is a once in a life time event with the first race back at Wilkesboro in over 25 years, I gotta try to at least go to this. There’s not many bucket list events I have left for racing...just a Daytona 500, Indy 500( probably will never go, too many people for me) Southern 500 and Martinsville Race left.
Im 32 and feel very similarly. Many of my friends and family in my age group also feel the same way. We usually make it to a Flyers, Phillies and 6ers game or two a year, but generally speaking we are all content just watching from home.

Most of my "bucket list" live events are now Nascar related. Coke 600 and Bristol night race being at the very top of that list.

Whether it's permanent or temporary, they better put in some better lighting than what they had the last time.

Interesting use of some public funds.

Racing entrepreneurs haven’t been able to get that kind of help in the Northwest.

Lol.

I'm looking at Indy 500 tickets for next year.

Cost to renew a Penthouse seat in the famous turn 1 E stand is $265. Indianapolis 500 beats a NASCAR non-points race any day of the week, even at NW. And it's still cheaper.

In my opinion NASCAR is the best of the live experiences left in sports. The camping, tailgating, free parking, atmosphere, etc. The traffic problems at all tracks are not what they were 10-15 years ago. At Vegas 2 weeks ago for the first time ever I just drove out of the lot at the end of the race. Zero traffic. Didn't try to jump it either- didn't leave the stands til after the burnouts were over.

Football, baseball, and any other kind of arena sports have just become ridiculous. Over the last 10 years parking costs have doubled, concession prices have doubled, a 24oz can of a cheap beer is $15+. I used to go to 2-3 Mets games a year in the early 00s. Not anymore. NASCAR is much more reasonable. I think I paid $11 for a 24oz Bud in Vegas, free parking of course. And many of the tracks still let you bring in your own stuff.

Back
Top Bottom