International Space Station

For us space nerds, looking forward to the next spacewalks tomorrow (Wed) and
then Sunday. This is to install the new solar arrays. This will be a very intense job
for these guys and gal up there. Both spacewalks start at 8 a.m. EST. Check
NASA youtube to view it live and replays.

This is the briefing of the mission:

For those of you interested there is an app that lets you know where the SS is all the time in real time as well as the Hubble telescope.

APP is - SKY VIEW and it's free. It also names the stars and planets as you scan the sky. I have seen the SS come across a lot of times at my home and at my hunting camp, pretty cool.

For those of you interested there is an app that lets you know where the SS is all the time in real time as well as the Hubble telescope.

APP is - SKY VIEW and it's free. It also names the stars and planets as you scan the sky. I have seen the SS come across a lot of times at my home and at my hunting camp, pretty cool.
About 15 or so years ago , the space shuttle was meeting up with the ISS and the app said
it would be over us about 9 pm. I remember we were having a big family Thanksgiving and I
dragged everyone out to the yard and there they came - 2 dots about 15 inches apart (from our earthly view)
225 miles up. It was about a 5 minute view. They all got a charge out of it.

I knew that was going to be complicated, but throw in a suit problem (lost an hour for that) and the array
not being able to fully unfold into place, they had to refold it and leave it for Sunday.
Problem solving at its best.

Mostly tongue in cheek posting. I usually follow the space program carefully - I do realize that this issue was waaay more serious that NASA let on. We may never know how close it got to needing to abandon ship.

According to the FlatEarthers Discord the space station is fake. Was listening to their live stream yesterday thru CodeMiko's Twitch feed. It was hilarious.

And to clear up one fallacy...there is NO edge. There is no "bottom". The flatearth just goes on forever. Can't be globe shaped because the ocean water isn't bent. Satellites don't exist. LOTS of good info there.

WINK, WINK!!!

Is there a way to track it?

I do not know. I just happen up on a sat stream every now and then. Easy to see on a clear morning usually about 30 to 45 minutes before sunrise. I am usually out having my coffee outside next to my pickup and just look for satellites. I also see dozens of other sats and once in a while the Hubble or the space station, just a little thing I like to do in the morning.
I have an app on my phone that tells me where the Hubble and Space station are at all times. It is called 'Sky View" and its Free. It also names the planets you may see in the sky, Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Saturn this summer have been great.

Back
Top Bottom