or these:

maxresdefault.jpg

or these:
86_big.jpg

there is also these:
medium.jpg

and these:
bowman-grey-stadium4.jpg
all good choices......... except for the fact We already have 2 races at Martinsville, Wilkesboro is done and never coming back, IRP not going to be on the schedule, I think that other one is The Rock dont think we are going back there and Bowman Gray, dont know too much about. All I will say is I enjoyed the racing at Iowa, its not a 1.5 mile and for that I am glad. However just because I was entertained with the race others might not be. What can you do?

What about these:
martinsville-race103016-getty-ftrjpg_ujrm8grmbet31dablf4k1inqc.jpg

or these:

maxresdefault.jpg

or these:
86_big.jpg

there is also these:
medium.jpg

and these:
bowman-grey-stadium4.jpg

I'd love to see them try the All-Star Race at Bowman Gray once for the novelty. I just think it would be a train race. You can't really make contact in Cup cars, even at short tracks, because the slightest contact cuts tires and ****. And they wouldn't get enough speed on the straightaways to really be able to make any moves.

The weather in the north central part of the country over the weekend was sweltering
Can't use the warm weather as an excuse. Daytona, Darlington and Bristol would pack them in, no matter how hot it was.
Bigger question is why the **** did they start the race at 4:00 on a Sunday?!
I agree with this. A late Sunday start, on Father's Day nontheless, is just plain stupid. We have hashed out before why fans don't like late Sunday starts. But NASCAR could care less.

I'd love to see them try the All-Star Race at Bowman Gray once for the novelty. I just think it would be a train race. You can't really make contact in Cup cars, even at short tracks, because the slightest contact cuts tires and sh!t. And they wouldn't get enough speed on the straightaways to really be able to make any moves.

Closest we are gonna get to that...

Yep.

I want to see it done once just for the novelty. But it would be a terrible race. And I say that as someone who likes flat tracks. Carteret, Martinsville and Langley are some of my favorite tracks.

I went to the first K&N race there. It was definitely a unique novelty event. Felt like the cars were going in slow motion! I enjoyed it though. Really cool facility there.

eh not much of a fan of the smaller tracks. Bowman Grey pulls in their own type of fans that like that sort of thing and good for them. The K&N cars won't ever provide that at Bowman Grey. At the smaller tracks some passes are legitimate but so many are done by knocking the lead car out of the way. I would rather see two or three wide at a much higher speed. I know there aren't as many passes but the skill level is much higher. I'm a fan of variety in the tracks. A steady diet of any of them doesn't do it for me.

you don't see much three wide in the corners at Martinsville, but it is owned by one of the chosen two and it is a single lane root em out of the groove racetrack that many fans really like. They both need a cup date IMO, but it probably isn't going to happen and they are going to have to make do at Iowa with what they have. It says they are losing money, but who knows how much. Featherlight trailers owns it and they are a top builder of trailers so who knows if it is a serious thing or not.

Okay, so what didn't you like about it, that you felt was due to the track?
It's quite simple actually. Every time you have a fast, multi groove, progressive banking kind of track you end up with 2 problems IMHO

1. clean air is king so if you are the leader is almost impossible to get close to your rear bumper, let alone to pass
2. in the middle of the field you don't see "battles" anymore: all you see is cars(trucks) going at different speed on 2 different grooves maybe 20 feet apart. As exciting as watching the highway traffic.

What made stock-cars exciting (and drivers legends) is the "bump and run" , the rubbin, the contact, the moving the car in front of you out of the way if you are faster.
Again I wouldn't mind the occasional high-speed , progressive banked track , but the point is that there are just too many of them. And now even the so-called short tracks race and look like those. Time to go back to your roots.

I will say I am a bit concerned by the lack of bumping at Martinsville, Bristol and Sonoma this season. NASCAR seems to be becoming Indycar like with its finesse racing which is why I don’t want to see more short tracks and road courses. Those races have been huge let downs this year

Back
Top Bottom