Iowa Speedway Pre-Race Thread

I went looking for a tube of Gerbileze, so Gerbitrol work better?
I will have to wait until the heat of the battle when it is all real before reporting on the Gerbitol results.

I saw the Gerbileze tubes but I was thinking that was an item from the family planning section. Which might be the appropriate product considering the way they make one feel after hearing them call an entire race.

I'll have to check out the Gerbiltrol when it comes in. Probably a rush on it. I did go ahead and buy some Boomer Fizz. That stuff works a charm on around goes.

Picking up our Hot Passes today!
20240610_164844.jpg

Playoff Gerbil Jeff right out of the box explaining how the car that had the third best record for the year out of the four cars in the last race won the championship. A masterclass in look over here, what you see didn't happen...champion.

Dumbest thing ever. How about: Caution called for flat tire. First safety vehicle inspects car. No apparent damage. Calls flat tire safety truck. It has 4 tires and impact/big ole breaker bar needed to change tires. Race car gets jacked up FROM THE SIDE just like a pit stop. Tires are changed. Car goes to pits to get teams tires installed. Safety truck gets it's tires returned.

Or...figure out how to put the dolly under the rub blocks. This should be a less than 5 minute procedure.

Sling Blue. 40.80 month.

I have YouTube TV.

TVs at work have Peacock and Prime. I wanted to pull practice up here, but it's not on Peacock. Just USA.

There will probably be two races on Peacock. Fox and NBC have NASCAR solely to prop up their cable channels.

Boy, did that take me back.

Every year at the start of National Guard summer training, we'd have pre-operation briefings and meetings. At some point, some naive junior officer would wax poetic over some esoteric point of how things were going to go in a perfect world. We senior sergeants would nudge each other, then show both hands, palms toward ourselves, all fingers extended and thumbs folded in, and slowly move those hands a few inches higher.

"Eight up"

I was concerned about the new asphalt being only two grooves wide with limited tire wear and forcing a single groove race.

But after watching some of the ARCA race I am feeling better about it all. The new patch is wider than I expected and should allow for multiple grooves.

Hopefully the old asphalt on the straights is like a 010 grit sandpaper.

Yeah, I watched the last 20 laps. Connor Zilsch won. Pretty decent. They said they had 8 cautions.

I was worrying last night about those corn farmers who had timed their crop around this weekend's guaranteed precipitation. I'm relieved they'll be okay.

Well time for my yearly rant that nbc/canadian tv cannot be bothered to show practice/qualifying for the second half of the season. Grrrrr

Listening to MRN, not really liking the way they are qualifying today. Group b seems to have more heavy hitters

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom