Is it over?

The difference between Busch and Gordon is that Busch is a high performer.

Jeff Gordon: Top 10: 16
Top 5: 7
Wins: 0

Kyle Busch: Top 10: 20
Top 5: 16
Wins: 4

Jimmie Johnson: Top 10: 20
Top 5: 13
Wins: 5

Matt Kenseth: Top 10: 17
Top 5: 9
Wins: 5

Statistically speaking, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch have a better chance of still having a chance to win going into Homstead, whereas Gordon has less of a chance. Looking at Gordon's stats for the 2013 season, the man is either inconsistent or he consistently finishes just outside the top 10, it depends on how you look at the data.

I'm sorry, but I stand by my prediction. It'll come down to Johnson, Busch, and Kenseth.

No idea why you are throwing stats around for.

Jeff Gordon is 6, 15, (Worst, chase race finish thus far) 4, 3, 7, 14

This has been Gordon's best stretch of the year by far. The only inconsistency here is his crew chief.

Only driver screw up was at New Hampshire where he could have easily won the thing had he not overshot his pit.

Dover is another race where he had pegged before the caution.

I'm curious to see where you're getting those stats that say they have a better chance at winning going into homestead whereas Gordon has a less chance.

Of the chasers, Jimmie is the only one who has a better chance at winning at Martinsville.

Like I said, you're trying way to hard here.

I am still trying to find stats regarding Jeffs ability to carry Kurts helmet :rolleyes:

Good ol' Jeffy is always the subject of critisism one way or the other. Bad and good. Mostly bad from this board apparently. lol

Good ol' Jeffy is always the subject of critisism one way or the other. Bad and good. Mostly bad from this board apparently. lol
Dont worry I wont be knockin Jeffy no more around here ........................... You scared me :eek:

Your guy has yet to build his stat sheet. Gordon in the other hand has it full and its still doubted by some demented fools around here. lol
I'll give him this much. I didn't expect him to be competing at this level right now and he's proved me wrong. I don't necessarily count him out for the cup but I don't think he'll win it. Although this could be one of his last good shots at it. He is getting up there.

I thought it was over when JJ won back-to-back races at Martinsville and Texas .....then look what happened
hesright.jpg

48 blows out a right front and destroys the front end, 18 takes out the 29, 18 & 20 blow's up and the 24 wins.

It was over. Keselowski had him right where he wanted him.
keselowski got extremely lucky in the final 2 races.....and JJ had bad luck(finally) in the final 2 races...simple as that....anything can happen in these final 4 races

keselowski got extremely lucky in the final 2 races.....and JJ had bad luck(finally) in the final 2 races...simple as that....anything can happen in these final 4 races

I see it completely differently. JJ had extreme good fortune thru most of the chase. At Dover, where he was getting killed by the #2 and went to fuel strategy with over 100 to go and a yellow never flew. He backed into the wall at Kansas, and nascar gave him 6 yellow flag laps to fix the back end without losing a lap. Brad had JJ beat at Texas, and the yellow flew. Then brad beat him on 2 subsequent restarts, and JJ got a 3rd try and finally got the win. JJ had all the good luck until Homestead, but that didn't matter anyway as Brad would have won the championship with his 15th place finish, even if JJ had won the race.

Phoenix wasn't bad luck, JJ messed up. When Brad passed Kyle for the lead, Chad told JJ to pick up the pace, and JJ drove it too hard and blew the bead on his right front.

Your guy has yet to build his stat sheet. Gordon in the other hand has it full and its still doubted by some demented fools around here. lol

To be fair I never said Jeff couldnt drive, I just said he couldnt carry Kurts helmet. Do I still qualify as one of the "demented fools" ???
I sure hope so :dunce:

To be fair I never said Jeff couldnt drive, I just said he couldnt carry Kurts helmet. Do I still qualify as one of the "demented fools" ???
I sure hope so :dunce:

Looks like Andy and Kevin gave you all the answers you would need. :D

I see it completely differently. JJ had extreme good fortune thru most of the chase. At Dover, where he was getting killed by the #2 and went to fuel strategy with over 100 to go and a yellow never flew. He backed into the wall at Kansas, and nascar gave him 6 yellow flag laps to fix the back end without losing a lap. Brad had JJ beat at Texas, and the yellow flew. Then brad beat him on 2 subsequent restarts, and JJ got a 3rd try and finally got the win. JJ had all the good luck until Homestead, but that didn't matter anyway as Brad would have won the championship with his 15th place finish, even if JJ had won the race.

Phoenix wasn't bad luck, JJ messed up. When Brad passed Kyle for the lead, Chad told JJ to pick up the pace, and JJ drove it too hard and blew the bead on his right front.
well...u see it a bit differently....I see it a bit differently... at the end of the day....anything can happen in these final 4 races...

well...u see it a bit differently....I see it a bit differently... at the end of the day....anything can happen in these final 4 races...
Not to me, below is a lock on Saturday. :D

48 blows out a right front and destroys the front end, 18 takes out the 29, 18 & 20 blow's up and the 24 wins.

I think it's a two man race at this point although as far as JJ is concerned, all it would take is one blown engine or one contact from Danica (i.e DNF) to bring Harvick and KyB into the picture and change the complexion of the race totally. A DNF by Matt however would probably seal it for Jimmy.

LOL! I swear, that Boris Said interview never gets old.

It would never have happened, and even if it had, he wouldn't have done much, but I wish he would have become a full time Cup driver. I always liked him.

LOL! I swear, that Boris Said interview never gets old.

It would never have happened, and even if it had, he wouldn't have done much, but I wish he would have become a full time Cup driver. I always liked him.

Give that guy a mic.

He's hilarious.

Far from over, If Matt and JJ get taken out early at Texas or better yet take each other out and Gordon gets a top five it would change everything.
I don't really see the 20 or 48 having that bad of luck, but stranger things have happened.

I wish something would happen ............ Kyle is running out of time
I will be at Phoenix and I expect a win

Matt dodged a bullet today & Jimmie missed his best opportunity to pad his points lead. Martinsville has without a doubt been JJ's strongest chase track. Now with the tracks remaining, Kenseth has to be feeling pretty good, Texas has been good to Matt in the past, I dunno we'll have to see what happens...

I just got done listening to an interview with Jeff Gordon on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. All week long I've been hearing about Jeff Gordon being back in contention for the title. Sure, mathematically he still is. Both Kenseth and Johnson will most certainly have to have a bad race over these next three while Jeff finishes up front. Not likely but still not impossible. I have to wonder though about Kevin Harvick. He's one point behind Jeff but never mentioned. Harvick, the Rodney Dangerfield of NASCAR this week.

I just got done listening to an interview with Jeff Gordon on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. All week long I've been hearing about Jeff Gordon being back in contention for the title. Sure, mathematically he still is. Both Kenseth and Johnson will most certainly have to have a bad race over these next three while Jeff finishes up front. Not likely but still not impossible. I have to wonder though about Kevin Harvick. He's one point behind Jeff but never mentioned. Harvick, the Rodney Dangerfield of NASCAR this week.
I think it's just the feel good story for this week, you know, a past Champion coming from behind and vying for the cup late in his career and trying to tie 5 time. Let him outscore the 20 and 48 by 20 points or so this weekend and the media will explode or implode, whichever, next week.

Back
Top Bottom