Is the #14 team that bad?

You can always judge Tony after the first 20 laps. If he's in the top ten he'll be a contender to win. If he's not you won't hear about him the rest of the day.

You can always judge Tony after the first 20 laps. If he's in the top ten he'll be a contender to win. If he's not you won't hear about him the rest of the day.
Sounds like he needs a crew chief who can make better adjustments throughout the race. I bet he's missing Darian Grubb these days.

Texas is the only race this year in which Tony Stewart has led a lap....ouch.

This is why I say it's not his normal slow start as he hasn't been competitive and moving up in the field on race day. If he's playing opossum, he's doing one hell of a great job at it. However, there has to be more than what is being shared concerning this slump.

This is why I say it's not his normal slow start as he hasn't been competitive and moving up in the field on race day. If he's playing opossum, he's doing one hell of a great job at it. However, there has to be more than what is being shared concerning this slump.
Yeah, he's 22nd in points right now. I don't remember any of his previous early season slumps being this bad.

Something about Tony, I mean he will do whatever it takes to get to the front. I know at SHR they are just going to grind it out because it seems like everyone at the team has their small stretches of success. Luck has not really been on their side.

Tony is too great of a wheelman to not at least get TWO wins this season. I think he did rush a bit to get back into the car, I only wonder how rehab went for him. Something tells me he is not 100%, but Tony does not care. Sitting on the sidelines made him bat sh*t crazy and he'll get it together.

And if anyone can drive injured, its Tony. Your foot doesn't matter much when you have more talent than 41 other drivers (I'm a TS fan and I'll even admit Kyle Busch has as much if not more "raw driving ability").

Tony was fast in practice today, but that's happened before and not meant anything.

I actually think it may be equal parts driver and team in Tony's case. There's no denying Tony's talent, as far as pure "wheelmen", he's one of the best in the business. I still don't think he's fully recovered from that injury though. Not sure what the deal is with new CC Johnston, and whether he and Tony are gelling or not. Something's just off all the way around with that team.

when i watch tony race, i never think he can get more out of his car than it has in it. he get what his car has and no more, he doesn't race foolish, but if he has a 20 place car, that's where he will finish.

So, it's not at all possible that Tony and Danica are both not competitive this year because of equipment?
Kinda hard to gauge Danica, she's never run up front long enough to tell whether it's her or the car. However, I'm willing to bet that if she and Harvick switched rides, Harvick would still be contending for wins in the 10 and Danica would still be running back in Davidland most weeks in the 4.

Hell, I'll settle for a string of top 10 finishes to get moving in the right direction. I hope he starts it off this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom