Is Ty Gibbs the most disliked champion?

I wonder how much limiting what fans can carry into the track has something to do with that also. Must drunks don't want to let go of that much money to toss over the fence if they are buying concession beer lol.
I know granny lost a lot of money replacing the dentures after she threw her pair at Jeff Gordon.

Ty and Erik Jones need to talk

both lost their Dad's at 19

Makes sense
There was even worse fall out
Insurance wouldn't cover it.
She also had to change churches because so many people giggled during prayer request time. Her financial need was mentioned along with an explanation of the cause for the crisis. There were other sympathic UnGordonites that also left the church as well due to the continous giggling.

Back in 68-69 or so a beer bottle hit David Pearson's windshield. They taped it up and he still won the race. I think it was at Wilkesboro but memory is a little vague.

I wonder how much limiting what fans can carry into the track has something to do with that also. Must drunks don't want to let go of that much money to toss over the fence if they are buying concession beer lol.
I agree 100% here....I will add this....Completely stupid to offer cans of beer in the concession stands. Idiocy.

I agree 100% here....I will add this....Completely stupid to offer cans of beer in the concession stands. Idiocy.

Agree too, any beer sold at the track should be in a cup, not a can. Doesn't really do much if cans are allowed in coolers. These idiots throwing stuff may put an end to allowing you to bring coolers.

Agree too, any beer sold at the track should be in a cup, not a can. Doesn't really do much if cans are allowed in coolers. These idiots throwing stuff may put an end to allowing you to bring coolers.
So punish 75,000 people because 1 or 2 dont know how to behave? Nope. Like I said its rare that even happens.

It's really not that rare, you see it pretty much every time certain drivers win a race.
You're right, its VERY VERY rare. You must have secret access to something I dont because I've seen pretty much every race since 1975 and I can think of Jeff Gordon at Dega, some redneck at Rockingham that was pummeled then grabbed by the Police ( not on TV I saw in person) . Johnson at Martinsville. Rusty hit Dale with a water bottle. Do you have any examples? Lets do how many times since 2000? 792 races

Happened bubba when he won, happens when Kyle Busch wins, used to happen often in late 2000s when the 48 would win. Saw it multiple times when gordon would win, happen to Suarez not too long ago, has happened to Hamlin multiple times.....should I go on?

Happened bubba when he won, happens when Kyle Busch wins, used to happen often in late 2000s when the 48 would win. Saw it multiple times when gordon would win, happen to Suarez not too long ago, has happened to Hamlin multiple times.....should I go on?
Hasn't happened in the races I have watched and I haven't lost my mind...yet

Lets see it

You're right, its VERY VERY rare. You must have secret access to something I dont because I've seen pretty much every race since 1975 and I can think of Jeff Gordon at Dega, some redneck at Rockingham that was pummeled then grabbed by the Police ( not on TV I saw in person) . Johnson at Martinsville. Rusty hit Dale with a water bottle. Do you have any examples? Lets do how many times since 2000? 792 races
There was JHN this year, but that was just one idiot fan. Can’t think of to many others. So I say you’re probably correct on it being rare.

I was trying to remember that one above. What is weird is that it looked like the can didn't come from the stands but from the pits?

Was it the pits? I remember a lot of folks at the time talking about it coming from the stands, and the person who threw it being arrested.

Somebody threw a beer at MTJ during his (badass) burnout in Martinsville a few years back. Fortunately it missed him.

....and another thing....This year's Cup Champion was booed almost as loudly as Ty. Maybe NASCAR Nation is filled with assholes?
I'm not sure if they booed Joey or if it was more of a "oh, we forgot it was you that drove that car." reaction. Either way it was pretty funny.

On this beer subject, I have never understood why you would spend all the time, money and effort to attend a great race and get drunk and show your ass during the race, :idunno: just seems stupid as sh*t to me. JMHO.
For me, I never drink before or during the race, now, after the race when back at camp or Hotel, yeah, lets have a few.

On this beer subject, I have never understood why you would spend all the time, money and effort to attend a great race and get drunk and show your ass during the race, :idunno: just seems stupid as sh*t to me. JMHO.
For me, I never drink before or during the race, now, after the race when back at camp or Hotel, yeah, lets have a few.
100% right here! Nothing like a couple of cold beers after a race--no matter how it turned out.

Reactions: sdj
So punish 75,000 people because 1 or 2 dont know how to behave? Nope. Like I said its rare that even happens.
Beer in a cup is a punishment? No beer is a punishment.

Beer in a cup is a punishment? No beer is a punishment.
You are confusing the issue, you are punishing people who behave themselves. I dont want beer from a cup, I want my own beer, the kind I like, in a can, cold ,not some luke warm horse piss.

I used to have a few during the race when I was younger but if I were to go now and be sitting in the stands thats a no for me. Climbing over people trying to get to the restroom, standing in line, climbing back over again. No thanks. Like you, when we get back to the Motorhome then we will turn up a few and bench race.

You are confusing the issue, you are punishing people who behave themselves. I dont want beer from a cup, I want my own beer, the kind I like, in a can, cold ,not some luke warm horse piss.
The point is that beer in a cup is not a punishment. We wouldn't have speed limits if people weren't stupid either. I would like to drive at the pace I choose, but because there are ****heads in the world, I am generally limited to 60. BTW....I would be honored to sit with you at a race, and bring the beer of your liking....on me, of course.

The point is that beer in a cup is not a punishment. We wouldn't have speed limits if people weren't stupid either. I would like to drive at the pace I choose, but because there are ****heads in the world, I am generally limited to 60. BTW....I would be honored to sit with you at a race, and bring the beer of your liking....on me, of course.
If a cup of beer is full and some ahole launches it over the fence and it hits a drivers windshield and causes a wreck whats the difference? Its the ahole we need to get rid of, the beer is fine. I'll take you up on the beer but no cup! ;)

If a cup of beer is full and some ahole launches it over the fence and it hits a drivers windshield and causes a wreck whats the difference? Its the ahole we need to get rid of, the beer is fine. I'll take you up on the beer but no cup! ;)
Agreed. Deal on the beer!

Tailgating and knocking back a couple of beers with friends and family is part of the fun. No need to get drunk and belligerent, though.

On the topic of beer...I think I've had a total of 6 beers between my last 4 NH races.

Not sure why. I know being 90 degrees plays a role. But getting there at 9am sort of just makes me want to pace myself.

I'll legitimately drink more beer watching an event from home, or when out with a friend, than I do at races these days.

Not sure why.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom