It's Gonna Be A Looooong Week!!

What is the breakdown. How much does a person account for, and how much does the TV audience matter.

One is worth more than the other, I wonder which.

The TV contracts are signed, sealed and delivered so no matter the viewership numbers, NA$$CAR gets the same number of dollars per race. That being said, a signifigant drop-off in viewership numbers may have an impact on the dollar value of the next contract(s).

The promoter gets a share of the gate. I have no idea what the percentage breakdown would be but let's just say that NA$$CAR gets 30% of the gate and the track owner / promoter gets 70% of the gate. The owner / promoter would want more butts in more seats to make more money, I would think. PLUS, more people means more concession dollars too!

You really don't like the RC races, do you? Or you think watching you dog wash his nuts is better.

Of all the tracks they're my least favorite but as I said I still watch 'cause I enjoy racing.

Keep in mind that it's nothing personal against anyone here and I in no way expect others to share my opinion :)

The TV contracts are signed, sealed and delivered so no matter the viewership numbers, NA$$CAR gets the same number of dollars per race. That being said, a signifigant drop-off in viewership numbers may have an impact on the dollar value of the next contract(s).

The promoter gets a share of the gate. I have no idea what the percentage breakdown would be but let's just say that NA$$CAR gets 30% of the gate and the track owner / promoter gets 70% of the gate. The owner / promoter would want more butts in more seats to make more money, I would think. PLUS, more people means more concession dollars too!

NASCAR's already going to lose money in their next contract... along with possibly seeing most of their races moved to cable.

Remember the early days of the current television package, when races were moved to ESPN Classic and SPEED or not televised at all? Or when Chase races were abruptly moved to another television network for another sporting event or program? Because I remember doing a **** ton of bitching about ESPN that year because I was missing races in their entirety in favor of a women's tennis match in Switzerland.

And I don't give a **** if fans don't show up because their driver missed the race. The people who are fans of one driver, not of racing piss me off anyways. I love it when Junyer wrecks and the stadium empties out. Not only is there more space, but the atmosphere suddenly becomes a lot friendlier. :)

NASCAR's already going to lose money in their next contract... along with possibly seeing most of their races moved to cable.

Or to some other 21st Century form of Information Technology. That might suck for those who don't have a computer or who aren't savvy in the ways of technology but it's certainly possible.

Because I remember doing a **** ton of bitching about ESPN that year because I was missing races in their entirety in favor of a women's tennis match in Switzerland.

I recall, back in the Early to Mid 90s, ESPN and TNN shared the CUP season broadcasts. Bob, Ned and Benny handled the races (with no "host") for ESPN. To me, that was the BEST era of NASCAR on TV.

Or to some other 21st Century form of Information Technology. That might suck for those who don't have a computer or who aren't savvy in the ways of technology but it's certainly possible.

I recall, back in the Early to Mid 90s, ESPN and TNN shared the CUP season broadcasts. Bob, Ned and Benny handled the races (with no "host") for ESPN. To me, that was the BEST era of NASCAR on TV.

I recall races not being televised for weeks if they were delayed by rain.

And I don't give a heck if fans don't show up because their driver missed the race. The people who are fans of one driver, not of racing piss me off anyways. I love it when Junyer wrecks and the stadium empties out. Not only is there more space, but the atmosphere suddenly becomes a lot friendlier. :)

But what's may be good for you would be terrible for track owners and the people who depend on race fans for their livelihood. You gotta try and think to at least one more level sometimes.

Please people, get this out of your head that those marque drivers would miss the race. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Safeguards would be in place for such a thing as they were before.

Please people, get this out of your head that those marque drivers would miss the race. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Safeguards would be in place for such a thing as they were before.

EXACTLY! Lets say Jr qualifies 44th. There would be 8 cars going through special armageddon inspections.

EXACTLY! Lets say Jr qualifies 44th. There would be 8 cars going through special armageddon inspections.
Nice try, but no, they'd have provisionals just like they did before. They were earned by attempting to qualify. X number of provisionals were used to round out the rear of the field each week. This prevented teams that were productive from being sent packing.

Nice try, but no, they'd have provisionals just like they did before. They were earned by attempting to qualify. X number of provisionals were used to round out the rear of the field each week. This prevented teams that were productive from being sent packing.

So, you're now backing off your conspiracy theory?

White winkie

Back
Top Bottom