Jeff Gordon confronts no neck

Hello Jerry. hello newman. Newman knew exactly what he was doing in the closing laps with the leaders bearing down on him. Just stay in their way as he always does. Too bad he hardly leads or paybacks are a ----- He had 3 options, 1- move over and let the 24 go, then get in kfb's way and hold him up. 2 pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. 3, Act stupid and keep driving, i mean act normal and keep driving. newman is easy to dislike. He's pull this same stuff if he were running 38th 4 laps down. he'd pull this stuff if it was his team mate with the lead at the end of the race. He's such a newman.

God forbid Newman was giving it 100% to stay on the lead lap

Hard to fault anyone for racing hard but you have to be aware of who the leaders are and at what particular time you're deciding to race them.

If you're not racing for anything with say 10 laps to go, get the **** out and let the leaders race.

Not that Newman will be a factor in races going forward but he should expect nothing but obstruction if he finds himself near the front.

Newman can and is a dick. He put Larson into the wall a few years ago to get into the playoffs.

Never really took to Chase. He’s not my type of driver.

I’m a Larson guy. His style of racing reminds me a lot of the early Jeff Gordon. Wreck it or win with it.
I go back a long way with the Elliott family being a Bill fan since '81 on up to
watching his son Chase beat old men in late model races as a 14 or 15 year older.
Chase is the only driver I have a picture standing with . He is exactly 1 year older than my son
and we both loved watching Chase come up through the ranks. Son then went rogue on me
and turned into a Jr. fan lol. Chase is #1 in my favorite 4 group.

I remember when Larson hit Daytona for the first time as a rookie. He got in wrecks in just
about every race he was in. He definitely got my attention with his no holds barred style.
He has a few championships in him to come.

Fans complain of drivers being primadonnas all the time. Fans say they want athletes to give it all they have all the time like they would if they had the chance. They don't want baseball players not running it out to first, they don't want football players not chasing a guy down even if they probably can't catch up, and they don't want NASCAR drivers just riding around.

Newman made it big, but he's not taking that for granted. He's out there earning his money and giving it his all 100% of the time. He wasn't running slow laps. He was still a competitive car and he ran his race. So what if he isn't top shelf talent or in top shelf cars. He's busting his ass and that's admirable. Kyle had no problem lapping him.

He needed to at least hold the position, if Ricky gets a flat tire or wrecks he advances and if there's a caution and they have to do a restart anything can happen. There was no reason for him to just let Chase by when his chance at advancing was on the line.

Exactly. I cannot blame Newman for doing what we all expect from Newman.

He didn't "need position", nothing was going to save him at that point, he wasn't close enough to 12th or 11th to make a difference even if he had saved the lap. That said, Gordon kinda did provoke him, so I don't blame him for responding, and Gordon should've seen it thru instead of strolling off.

He most certainly did need to maintain the lead lap position. If a caution comes out then he gets to restart on the lead lap while the 17 is stuck a lap down. He gets to pit, or not pit with the leaders. He'd still have to opportunity to make up positions while the 17 wouldn't have, other than with other lead lap cars.

Hard to fault anyone for racing hard but you have to be aware of who the leaders are and at what particular time you're deciding to race them.

If you're not racing for anything with say 10 laps to go, get the **** out and let the leaders race.

Not that Newman will be a factor in races going forward but he should expect nothing but obstruction if he finds himself near the front.

Newman can and is a dick. He put Larson into the wall a few years ago to get into the playoffs.

But Newman was racing for something. Why is lost on people?

I didn't know Gordon was still racing for Hendricks Racing, or any other team as far as that goes. Let the drivers on the track confront each other about what went on between them, not a spectator.

Wonder how GM feels about this? He made it hard for one of their young stars his first win in an iconic car and allowed a Toyota to catch up and take the win. Wasn't a good teammate for the GM camp.

I didn't know Gordon was still racing for Hendricks Racing, or any other team as far as that goes. Let the drivers on the track confront each other about what went on between them, not a spectator.
Car owner isn't he?

Jeff Gordon isn't just a spectator he's an owner.

Jeff Gordon isn't just a spectator he's an owner.
Yeah I guess he is part owner, but I still say let Chase learn to handle his own differences with other drivers. I'm sure Newman was driving his arse off trying to stay on the lead lap hoping for a caution. Didn't know he was supposed to pull over because it was one of the elite Hendrick/ Gordon cars. He should have used the same tactics that Newman used on Larson when he needed a spot to get into the Chase before.

I guess everyone saw Gordon start to walk away as Newman got a bit serious with him. What a diva. Gordon absolutely wants no part of Newman, and probably doesn't want any part of 99% of folks in the sport.

Its just troll talk ya'll, don't get too excited over it.

I know some of you are big #24 fans mainly because of Gordon. It would not
hurt my feelings one bit if Chases first win came in the #9.

I still think switching to the #9 will do him wonders

I guess everyone saw Gordon start to walk away as Newman got a bit serious with him. What a diva. Gordon absolutely wants no part of Newman, and probably doesn't want any part of 99% of folks in the sport.
Yep, wanted to bark like a big dog, but then he realized the real big dog wasn't having it and he knew his bite wasn't going to measure up.

Gordon is a car owner and has every right to be there. Of course Gordon wouldn't have the balls to confront a driver like Childress did, more than likely swing his purse at them.

I guess 93 wins and 4 championships as a driver and 7 championships and 83 wins as an owner still gets under some folks skin.

:cool:

I guess 93 wins and 4 championships as a driver and 7 championships and 83 wins as an owner still gets under some folks skin.

:cool:
Not mine, never liked him from the start of his career but I sure do respect his record
as a driver. As an owner of the 48, I doubt he had very little to do with that.

Can't stand Newman, but also can't fault him in this situation. He was being a racecar driver. :cool:

Not mine, never liked him from the start of his career but I sure do respect his record
as a driver. As an owner of the 48, I doubt he had very little to do with that.
But I was told by several here he was part owner of the 24 therefore had every right to approach Newman and scorn him for not giving Elliot a free pass. :D

I don't know that I walk over and jab at a guy mere minutes after he was eliminated from the Chase, while my car/driver is moving on.

I will give Gordon credit for not first mouthing off on social media.

I look at it as a sign..it was telling Chase, (with an echo) go up top, block KDB he's coming like a mo fo. Even Jabba and the hutts were telling him it would be a good idea not to try to pass the hardest head in Nascar.

We had a guy like only worse at the local dirt track. He drove piece of crap sprint car and he would wait until the leader came around and go to fishtailing and drifting all over the place. It was comical. Newman was out of it at that point in the race, could have moved up, but hey it's Newman.

I think this told a pretty good organic story. All year NBC has told us that Newman is the hardest car to pass and it played apart in the outcome of this race. Now the other lapped cars also played apart in Kyle being able to pass Chase but Newman being there made the moment. Chase will be fine and will win plenty of races in the future. Kind of hope he doesn't win in the 24 and tears it up in the 9 but he's due.

Such a non story. Newman was doing his job. Gordon is an owner. They exchanged words. Nothing happened. Life goes on. Shows how drama starved NASCAR has become that they are talking about this nonstop.

Wish the "playoff" races weren't such a ****** bore. So that we had...you know....actual racing to talk about rather than post race pissing matches.

Why is it that fighting is OK in NASCAR? Yes, Gordan shouldn't have been a smart___, but Newman's response made him look just like a neanderthal. The WWE main event music was just about to start in the background when JG walked away.

Newman is newman, he holds up faster cars on purpose, which piss's the other drivers off. "other drivers" will pay him back and I do remember him taking out Larson just to make the chase and go out on round one. He's a **** nozzle and always will be. NO Neck, NO Class, No intelligence period. Hopefully, no job next year. I'm a Chevy fan and wish he drove a toyoder, he's an idiot.

Why is it that fighting is OK in NASCAR? Yes, Gordan shouldn't have been a smart___, but Newman's response made him look just like a neanderthal. The WWE main event music was just about to start in the background when JG walked away.

Newman was born without a neck ......... he is supposed to act that way

Some people are really allowing their imaginations to run wild here and color their perceptions of this (non) event. In reality, Jeff Gordon made a sarcastic comment toward Ryan Newman. Newman walked toward Gordon and questioned what Gordon had said. Gordon explained, Newman told him to be careful, Gordon walked away. I think this would be allowed at the Westminster Dog Show, let alone NASCAR.

If this were say 2004 and NASCAR were still in fashion with sports media, this would be the sort of nonsense that Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith would spend a week yelling about and rehashing when the figures involved had moved on within 30 minutes.

Lmao at Chase Elliott isn't very good. Happy Monday folks.

This seriously is just like following Larson's 2nd season and reading all of the comments. Except Chase made the post season and is more than holding his own. Yeah this kid blows!

I can't imagine how anyone can't like Chase elliott, have you listened to the guy? I have never heard a driver so humble, greatful to be there, willing to take blame on themselves, just one heck of a guy. Listen to his interviews, when all the big wigs retire its going to be very very easy to be a chase elliott fan. I hope the guy does well, and he will, I have a feeling once the first win comes, there is going to be quite a few more to follow.

Ryan was racing, did nothing wrong.

Jeff got was feeling disappointed for his young friend and made an ill timed remark borne of frustration. Once the emotion of the moment cleared for both he and Ryan, everything was settled and over with. The people arguing about this on social media are far more charged up about their interaction than either of them ever were.

I can't imagine how anyone can't like Chase elliott, have you listened to the guy? I have never heard a driver so humble, greatful to be there, willing to take blame on themselves, just one heck of a guy. Listen to his interviews, when all the big wigs retire its going to be very very easy to be a chase elliott fan. I hope the guy does well, and he will, I have a feeling once the first win comes, there is going to be quite a few more to follow.
People think that he sulks. He's just hard on himself. He takes loosing differently than most of the others. Kyle chooses to be a brat and give terrible cringe worthy interviews that make him look like a foul human being, and Chase just gets down on his luck. It is what it is. I agree though, the people that have something against him have to be long time haters of the 24 car or HMS in general.

Ever notice how Chase is rarely ever on Radioactive? That's because he keeps his mouth shut and goes to work. He doesn't throw others under the bus and he represents his team and HMS as an organization very well. How can you not like that? It baffles me.

Ryan was racing, did nothing wrong.

Jeff got was feeling disappointed for his young friend and made an ill timed remark borne of frustration. Once the emotion of the moment cleared for both he and Ryan, everything was settled and over with. The people arguing about this on social media are far more charged up about their interaction than either of them ever were.
I'm sure the Phoenix incident in '14 that kept Gordon out of the final 4 by one point added to it a bit honestly. Like..."That damn 31 car Again!"

People think that he sulks. He's just hard on himself. He takes loosing differently than most of the others. Kyle chooses to be a brat and give terrible cringe worthy interviews that make him look like a foul human being, and Chase just gets down on his luck. It is what it is. I agree though, the people that have something against him have to be long time haters of the 24 car or HMS in general.

Ever notice how Chase is rarely ever on Radioactive? That's because he keeps his mouth shut and goes to work. He doesn't throw others under the bus and he represents his team and HMS as an organization very well. How can you not like that? It baffles me.
He lacks Tenacity. ....At this stage

Newman is newman, he holds up faster cars on purpose, which piss's the other drivers off. "other drivers" will pay him back and I do remember him taking out Larson just to make the chase and go out on round one. He's a **** nozzle and always will be. NO Neck, NO Class, No intelligence period. Hopefully, no job next year. I'm a Chevy fan and wish he drove a toyoder, he's an idiot.

your memory is fogged. that move advanced him while eliminating gordon. he then went on to advance to the homestead finale and came within a harvick mishap of winning the sprint cup.

so taking that into consideration, one realizes that newman's style of driving, while somewhat annoying, nearly won him a championship when he had absolutely no business winning a championship. in inferior equipment virtually incapable of winning, he got pretty much as close to a title as one could possibly get.

so you think he's gonna switch his style up because a youngster is going for his first win. just change it all up when he's literally racing for everything. yeah, his hopes were dim. but one would say the same thing when the inaugural playoff kicked-off in 2014

newman did nothing wrong and elliott did nothing right. they both live to race another day. chase still left the track today in far better shape than newman.

your memory is fogged. that move advanced him while eliminating gordon. he then went on to advance to the homestead finale and came within a harvick mishap of winning the sprint cup.

so taking that into consideration, one realizes that newman's style of driving, while somewhat annoying, nearly won him a championship when he had absolutely no business winning a championship. in inferior equipment virtually incapable of winning, he got pretty much as close to a title as one could possibly get.

so you think he's gonna switch his style up because a youngster is going for his first win. just change it all up when he's literally racing for everything. yeah, his hopes were dim. but one would say the same thing when the inaugural playoff kicked-off in 2014

newman did nothing wrong and elliott did nothing right. they both live to race another day. chase still left the track today in far better shape than newman.

I think it was shortly after in the next season he was caught in the inflate a gate tire advantage cheat. hmmm

Back
Top Bottom