Jeff Gordon Executive @ HMS

I stared at that sentence for about ten minutes trying to figure out what your point was. Didn't help........
Rather simple if you want it to be. Rick owns a business empire, part of that business empire is a race team and Jeff owns a part of that part. I doubt Rick's WILL leaves him more than that.

No. Having Part ownership of a 4 car team would mean nothin as to the whole business.
I thought we’re talking about in general in this whole entire thread was Rick’s race team. Was Rick’s business as a whole brought up? I know I meant just HMS. Personally I don’t care about Rick’s fleet of dealerships or other businesses. I care how Jeff is going to implement his own ideas in a management role at HMS

Rather simple if you want it to be. Rick owns a business empire, part of that business empire is a race team and Jeff owns a part of that part. I doubt Rick's WILL leaves him more than that.

I wouldn't make the automatic assumption that Rick's will leaves Jeff ANYTHING. Jeff is the legal owner of a PORTION of Hendrick Motorsports, and given Marshall Carlson's LONG involvement with HMS, I don't know if it EVER goes beyond that unless Marshall and Lynn WANT it to.

Thank you for your input. Your comment should have some clarification though,
I talk a lot about many things.
Jeff has had a lifetime contract with Rick for decades and Knaus started as a tire changer for the #24 crew. While Jeff owned the #48 car, Knaus worked his way to crew chief the team and now VP of Competition.

Jeff has his driving career and Rick did not keep it a secret that he was offering Jeff a larger leadership role after he retired from being in the seat - and that decision was made years before Jeff even retired. He’s been groomed by Rick for 10 years to be placed in an executive position and it’s now been announced.

This is simply Jeff and Chad giving more to the organization than just what happens at the race track. There is no internal competition between the two. They have been teammates from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom