Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr.?

Gordon, and it's not even close. He did more for the sport. He was a better driver, a great driver by any criteria, and the best in Nascar for a decade. And he's a good broadcast analyst.

Dale Jr. might prove to be better as an analyst... he is extraordinarily humble, candid, and is more intellectually honest than Gordon. And a good driver, unquestionably great in plate races and 16 wins without the plates. He is a strong and positive figure in the sport, but Gordon is in another league from Dale.

I should have been more clear. I was thinking in terms of their work as commentators. I think that Dale really is connecting with fans with his enthusiasm. I could be brutally wrong, but I don't see Junior as much of a showman or anything. It feels like what we are getting is what we would be getting if we were having a beer with him, and watching from his couch. I like it. Kind of says to the masses that he risked his life doing this, he ****** up his brain doing this, his lost his Dad from this....but he loves it. Shouldn't we?

Green green green would work
Here's a little tangent:

From now on, how should Rev start his threads?
By saying "Go!"
By saying "boogity, boogity, boogity! Get to posting, posters!"
Or by saying "Green, green, green!"

Green, green, green!

Dale Jr. has been fantastic so far. He offers great insight and enthusiasm. He really relates to the mindset of the drivers and teams. I really enjoy his temperament as a commentator. He doesn’t oversell or try to generate false hype like Michael Waltrip. He’s a throwback to the days of BP and Buddy Baker.

Jeff has been pretty good as well. But he isn’t as natural behind the mic. I don’t see him sticking around much longer at FOX. Not because he’s no good, but rather he’s too polished and corporate for broadcasting IMO. It’s been well speculated that his future involves some form of management at HMS.

Dale Jr. has been fantastic so far. He offers great insight and enthusiasm. He really relates to the mindset of the drivers and teams. I really enjoy his temperament as a commentator. He doesn’t oversell or try to generate false hype like Michael Waltrip. He’s a throwback to the days of BP and Buddy Baker.

Jeff has been pretty good as well. But he isn’t as natural behind the mic. I don’t see him sticking around much longer at FOX. Not because he’s no good, but rather he’s too polished and corporate for broadcasting IMO. It’s been well speculated that his future involves some form of management at HMS.
Don't see Rick at the track much these days. I know he has a manager however, I agree Jeff will be more involved soon. First he has to find a sponsor for his 48 car.

Why couldn’t Jr. join fox and join Gordon. Those 2 and Larry Mac in the booth would be a whale of a show. Then dw could go to nbc and he and burton can talk each other into retirement

I was in radio for a number of years as a morning drive announcer, did football games as lead, etc. Never did racing but there are specific ingredients that, I believe, make broadcasts excellent:

1. Your announcing team has to be knowledgeable, entertaining to a point, and clearly enjoy what they are doing.
2. It is ideal to have each member of the team have a natural, unique texture and pitch to their voice. The Fox team has that with Joy, Waltrip and Gordon. They have developed a generally good rhythm, which is what you want with any broadcast. Rhythm requires space between the notes. Every team is guilty of overspeak, but none worse than NBC. NBC’s addition of Junior (unique) helps a lot. Burton and Letarte have equally pitched voices (tenor) as Junior. They sound very similar to each other, especially when excited. This makes for some grinding and overkill when everyone is working hard to fill every moment of airspace with noise.

I believe Junior has proven to be a good analyst in a very short time. This is strictly due to his personality and good insights from just having competed last year. He is the Dandy Don Meredith for this NBC team, while Waltrip plays that role with the Fox team. Gordon is good, smooth, more formal, comes across as very knowledgeable but with biases. He is a good counterweight to the professional (Joy) and the clown (Waltrip). Rick Allen is a good announcer, smooth baritone voiced lead, until he tries to construct grand pronouncements, or tries to insert over the top excitement into something that isn’t there. That sounds fake, like he’s trying for the Al Michaels miracle moment every time.

Kyle petty. ahh ahh ah I dont care. Know what I mean
. Yep loved Kyle petty, but I don’t think they liked the Danica comments. I think they worried there wold be more of those you can’t handle the truth comments from him. Harvick will also be good when the time comes. The guy I don’t care for in the booth is jeff burton

Here's a little tangent:

From now on, how should Rev start his threads?
By saying "Go!"
By saying "boogity, boogity, boogity! Get to posting, posters!"
Or by saying "Green, green, green!"

Green, green, green!

Trick damn question....Many might say I should NEVER start a thread! Gonna do it anyway..... Go!

Trick damn question....Many might say I should NEVER start a thread! Gonna do it anyway..... Go!
Red flag, red flag! Who all is saying you should never start a thread?

Back
Top Bottom