JGR 18 car penalized (not really)

I'll say it agian, a driver should have to compete in every race to win a championship.
I disagree with that. How about your boss says you don't get vacation time because you missed a days work that year and so you don't qualify??
How many drivers have started a race only to get out at the earliest possible moment and yet get the points the relief driver earned??

How about they change the points system to reflect the actual points earned by a driver over the course of a season, one that rewards finishing position and does not allow trophies for participation.
Another thing that could be instituted is no points for cars finishing 26th or worse. No reward for a car to stay on track only to bring out more cautions.
If they insist on GWC finishes, then only those on the lead lap and in the top 12 get to restart.

And my favorite change of all time would be only "Green Flag" pit stops allowed. Caution closes the pits for every car. Any car entering the pits do to damage are considered under red flag and no pit crew can go over the wall during this period. Any violation and the car is withdrawn from the race.

I have to say, Kyle is a heck of a wheel man for sure!

Now for the rest of the great things about Kyle B.
Baby smoking.gif
Well, I'll have to get back to you on that.:D

Wins half the Xfinity races in JGR cars, but 0 for 22 in the KBM cars. Kyle fans don't have an answer for this.
I do.

Gibbs' cars, at-track engineers and support systems were far better than the KBM stuff. Do you have a further inquiry?

I'll say it agian, a driver should have to compete in every race to win a championship.
Say it as often as you like.

The RULES allow the sanctioning body to grant an exemption in case of illness or injury, irrespective of where the injury occurred. See ... Tony Stewart, whose exemption was granted before Kyle's after he injured himself racing sprint cars.

Say it as often as you like.

The RULES allow the sanctioning body to grant an exemption in case of illness or injury, irrespective of where the injury occurred. See ... Tony Stewart, whose exemption was granted before Kyle's after he injured himself racing sprint cars.
I just think that shouldn't be the rule, do they do that in other racing sanctions?

I do.

Gibbs' cars, at-track engineers and support systems were far better than the KBM stuff. Do you have a further inquiry?

Kyle explained that situation during the season they ran the car, he mentioned some sort of a jig that they needed to get the cars right. I don't recall if it was a chassis jig or what exactly. And the stuff that you brought up was mentioned as well.

Whether or not it should be the rule is opinion. Teams race according to the structured wins or top 16 rules in effect.

No other series uses a playoff system that I'm aware of.

In those series you either score points or you don't and there is no other "penalty" for missing races.

I just think that shouldn't be the rule, do they do that in other racing sanctions?

Yes, Moto-GP riders can miss races and come back when healed up. They obviously lose some points but can still win a championship.

Fine ...i happen to think you should complete laps in every race of the season, maybe that rule should be changed.

It would be a shame to throw away a season because of an injury, especially if the driver was injured racing in that series. Remember, Kyle hit a wall that wasn't safe, he could have been injured worse or killed. By your rules, a top driver could be taken out because of a bad case of the flu. I dunno, it just doesn't seem right to me, but I do get the point you are making

I do.

You are correct, but that goes against the "KB wins with mediocre cars" narrative that many KB fans are constantly spouting.

For the most part, a driver (ANY driver, including Kyle Busch) is only as good as their equipment.

You are correct, but that goes against the "KB wins with mediocre cars" narrative that many KB fans are constantly spouting.

For the most part, a driver (ANY driver, including Kyle Busch) is only as good as their equipment.

Good equipment is not enough in many cases. It takes some skill to make a car better throughout a race, it takes some skill to get it all done without mistakes. I figure that Harv usually has a dominant car, yet he doesn't win every race. I have seen Rowdy win with a seventh place car.

Good equipment is not enough in many cases. It takes some skill to make a car better throughout a race, it takes some skill to get it all done without mistakes. I figure that Harv usually has a dominant car, yet he doesn't win every race. I have seen Rowdy win with a seventh place car.

I agree with you. But when KB is frequently on the radio crying about how awful his car is, I'm sorry if I take it with a large grain of salt.

KB is obviously one of the best, but he's not the only one who can make a good car run great, and he sure as hell can't win races with a mediocre car. Nobody can.

If you slide right through tech and there is nothing in the gray area you're not doing it right.

So if they still did the points system the old way by earning points from every race and a driver missed a race due to sickness, injury, or just overslept but he still out performed the rest of the drivers and he accumulated enough points to win the championship...he shouldn't receive his check and trophy? Sorry but I disagree with you on this one. A championship is not about how many races you enter...it's about how many points you earn from the races that you enter.

Last edited:
So if they still did the points system the old way by earning points from every race and a driver missed a race due to sickness, injury, or just overslept but he still out performed the rest of the drivers and he accumulated enough points to win the championship...he shouldn't receive his check and trophy? Sorry but I disagree with you on this one. A championship is not about how many races you enter...it's about how many points you earn from the races that you enter.
To be eligible for I championship I think you should have to race in every race no matter how consistent you were. Just my opinion, obviously your's differs.

A good driver can definitely make a difference. Look at the drop off in the 29/3 from Kevin Harvick to Austin Dillon, the drop off in the 19 from Carl Edwards to Suarez, to a lesser extent the 20 from Kenseth to Jones, etc. On the flip side, look at what Logano has done in the 22 compared to Allmendinger/Hornish and what Larson has done in the 42 compared to JPM.

The guy is a Type A narcissistic ahole. THE primary ingredient in the makeup of a successful racecar driver at this level.

They all are. Kyle’s sin is that he is often upfront about it.

All this bull**** back and forth about Kyle Busch, and all we really needed to do was turn to Aunty. Perfectly said. Like always.

To be eligible for I championship I think you should have to race in every race no matter how consistent you were. Just my opinion, obviously your's differs.
You know why they dont require it?

yep, in KDB's case, why they let him be eligible is one of their rules I don't agree with. I think it is an old rule for when drivers/stars like Pearson and Yarbourgh and others used to cherry pick the big money races. Nascar did have the discretion not to allow it. Great for the KDB fans, but it made a joke out of their chase system and crowning a champion to many.

yep, in KDB's case, why they let him be eligible is one of their rules I don't agree with. I think it is an old rule for when drivers/stars like Pearson and Yarbourgh and others used to cherry pick the big money races. Nascar did have the discretion not to allow it. Great for the KDB fans, but it made a joke out of their chase system and crowning a champion to many.
Kybu's excuse'rs tend to forget that NASCAR had a "Run The Full Season" rule in place but decided to ignore it. I strongly disagree with ignoring it no matter who the driver would have been. Can you imagine the uproar from the Gibblets if it had been JJ, Harvick etc.

The reason NASCAR has an allowance for this now is because back in the day, Petty, Allison,Waltrip etc would have vicious accidents and sustain broken bones, concussions and would come to track the next week and have to start the car to get credit for the points which in retrospect was extremely dangerous to them and everyone in the field. The sport has evolved and we are smarter then that now.

^^ They also had / have an exemption rule.

It's been applied more than once.

Kybu's excuse'rs tend to forget that NASCAR had a "Run The Full Season" rule in place but decided to ignore it. I strongly disagree with ignoring it no matter who the driver would have been. Can you imagine the uproar from the Gibblets if it had been JJ, Harvick etc.
I call them Gibassiens

Back
Top Bottom